Poll: Dimensions

Thread: Dimensions

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dimensions

So, now that SL has been out for just over a week, how are your dimensions coming along? are you enjoying dimensions? or do you dislike dimensions? have you even tried dimensions yet?. I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it I myself have not tried the feature out yet, but i hear only good things about it

For the guy's so far not knowing what a dimension is, its player housing and more thinks sims almost, but without the annoying people you have to look after.

Review and guide here:
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2013-01-03 at 08:41 PM.

I want to check it out, but I don't. I am almost positive I will like it, and will waste enormous amounts of time messing with it. I want to make sure I am at least ready to raid and I have all I need to raid effectively, like runes, gear from Experts, consumables. Once I have started raiding and am comfortable there I will take a look at dimensions though.

Like Lathais, I really want to explore dimensions, but have so far held off on doing so. As much fun as they're going to be, I know they'll kill all sense of forward momentum once I get going, so I've decided to hold off entirely until I'm level capped (half level more) and have done some gearing up, purchased my 150% mount, etc.

When I'm done trying to improve my character, I'll work on a home for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I am still leveling in the Chocolate Rift World, I don't have the resources to properly invest in Dimensions. I have the starter one, and I was just going to throw a few items down to test it out. That situation spiraled out of control and I spent way too much time and money on junk to basically make a "trashed" version of the Dimension. But yeah man, they're awesome.

Deleted
    I have had to ban myself from them so that I can get some levelling done, I have only had time to log on twice since SL dropped and I have spent roughly half of that time in my dormant core and still my creation is no where near what I want it to be this feature will keep tempting me but I must resist.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Dolcega Valley when started levelling. Every night after a levelling session, I just dropped into my dimension and did some more decorating. I find it a nice ending of an evening Rift and its fun decorating (Time flies tho). I do plan on buying the Necropolis, but money is flowing fast out of my pocket, so will wait with that until the initial gearing is done for raiding. But its a very, very, very nice feature

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I placed 10 items and found it to be MUCH MUCH MUCHHHH bloody easier to do than I would have expected. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

There should be a poll option like "Awesome, but has flaws".
    The item limits are just far too low, you can't really build exactly what you want because of it.
    I think they made a mistake when they made the "tiers" of dimensions based on item limits, would be much better to just base them on building space/cool locations.
    And you can't have more than one dimension without completely destroying your old one.
    If this gets fixed though, this is among the best housing features in the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea how many items the top tier dimensions allow for? O.o

Maybe there should be upgrade paths for some dimensions.... however that first dimension Defiants get in Freemarch, Warden's Point I think... yeah 30 items sounds about good enough. It's a bloody SMALL SPACE. lol
    "A flower.

I've seen a maximum of 800 items on the beta, its not confirmed if that's the final number though

you can upgrade the item limits with plat, though.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    I've seen a maximum of 800 items on the beta, its not confirmed if that's the final number though

you can upgrade the item limits with plat, though.
    To what extent though... =/

Also do we have a concise list of ALL of the dimensions? Pictures included isn't necessary but eye-candy and informative. :P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Personally, I never liked The Sims. I think I'll stick to the MMO side of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Personally, I never liked The Sims. I think I'll stick to the MMO side of things.
    Have you at least tried out the Dimensions first? It's really not very much like the Sims.... since you know, there isn't the crap of taking care of a family/city/etc. Hell you don't even need to build a house, you can just make like a hall of the trophies you've earned, etc. It's like achievements but instead of text virtual items!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I like them, although I'm still levelling, so most time goes to that.
    It would be really awesome if there would be 'dolls' where you could put your armoursets on display, but AFAIK, they're not in the game =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    It would be really awesome if there would be 'dolls' where you could put your armoursets on display, but AFAIK, they're not in the game =/
    Don't forget Rift housing just launched with this xpac I'd imagine that future patches will include increased features as time goes on I'd say the sky is the limit to what we could potentially see coming down the pipe right down to player created content, who knows.

OT: Beyond getting my first dimension key and offloading the items you get with it I've done nothing with it. I just dropped my groceries on the floor and ran. I'm too involved in my character progression at this time to soak any time into dimensions there isn't enough hours in the day/week for me to do everything the game offers at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I bet Elrar just read this and ran to Hartsman's office:

"HARTSMAN!! WE GOTTA DO THIS!! How did we not think of it?! ARMOR SET DOLLS for the dimensions!" :P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    ---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:18 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

"HARTSMAN!! WE GOTTA DO THIS!! How did we not think of it?! ARMOR SET DOLLS for the dimensions!" :P
    This came up during Beta i think also wardrobes where you could hang all your clothes instead of taking up bag space, and workbenches and such for crafting professions, the list could be endless
    Last edited by mmoc3b8273e75c; 2012-11-23 at 03:19 PM.

It's actually one of the top suggestions, and has been since alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    It's actually one of the top suggestions, and has been since alpha.
    Well, maybe like capes, they are working to perfect the physics or something? ;D
    "A flower.

To what extent though... =/

Also do we have a concise list of ALL of the dimensions? Pictures included isn't necessary but eye-candy and informative. :P
    Dormant Cove (the 1500p dimension) has an item limit of 1000 fully upgraded.
    www.riftdimension.com covers all the vendor bought dimensions at least, I'm sure they'll add the others as well when they're known.