10+ Year Old Account

Thinking of making a second account.

Ok, an issue I've had for a while now is not having enough character space on my server that I enjoy being on. Friends have suggested to me several times to just make new characters on other servers, but for me this doesn't seem worth it cause I love my server community to much, and wouldn't want to do anything with characters on another server.

I spend a fair bit on character re-customization for my classes, race change, sex change, faction change, just for something different to do, infact I spend what would be the equivalent of having a second account in terms of cost. And so I figured it made better sense instead of spending money on pay for character changes, just buy a new account.

Now, I want to ask here to anyone whos done the same, if you have second accounts. If when I buy a new account, I want to have it linked to my already existing account, to get the shared account bonus or the free mount offer, might as well get something from it.

If I do this and its tied with my already existing account, will the new account get benefits from things like account wide achievements, mounts, pets and titles too?
    #boycottchina

Yea, I "recruited" myself via the RAF system and all characters on my 2nd account have achievements/mounts that my main account has. Linking them together also gives you the possibility to transfer characters between the two accounts, should you some day decide to deactivate one of them.

Edit: just remember to recruit your own email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    Yea, I "recruited" myself via the RAF system and all characters on my 2nd account have achievements/mounts that my main account has. Linking them together also gives you the possibility to transfer characters between the two accounts, should you some day decide to deactivate one of them.

Edit: just remember to recruit your own email.
    thats very cool, thank you dude. I plan to make one account on my server with mostly my horde characters, and the second account have more alliance characters, since I miss playing worgen and draenei.
    #boycottchina

Yes, all of the shared stuff is battlenet account wide.

I've run multiple accounts since TBC, mainly for AH play/professions and occasional dual boxing (can 'solo' bosses with otherwise unsoloable mechanics etc), and over the years my other account has filled up with toons, which was in particular very easy to do in Cata. None of those toons have seen any play yet in mists though tbh, and I'm not sure how you're intending to play them, but with the way the content is right now things are pretty hard on alts (not judging but it is a fact), so I'd suggest asking whether you'll actually play them/gain some advantage from running two accounts, or whether it might just be more worth it to continue as you are using race changes etc to actually really play the toons you're interested in playing.

I had two accounts at one time just to shuffle stuff between horde and alliance auction houses, which is a great bonus for having a second account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the subjects still fresh, just curious, with the digital download for wow now being a method of getting it, does that mean I can now download a second account with all the expansion codes to unlock it?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well the subjects still fresh, just curious, with the digital download for wow now being a method of getting it, does that mean I can now download a second account with all the expansion codes to unlock it?
    One download will suffice.
    You get a drop down tab on the login screen to change accounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    One download will suffice.
    You get a drop down tab on the login screen to change accounts
    Right, so I'm not required to download whole expansions again, just buy the codes?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Right, so I'm not required to download whole expansions again, just buy the codes?
    That is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    That is correct.
    thats awesome, thank you.[COLOR="red"]

Edit: My mistake I kept trying to merge the account into battlenet, when it already was a battlenet account.

However, I could still use a hand, since I may have said already, I brought a new account, but may have already gone ahead to far. Is the recruit a friend offer valid for an account that has already been created, you know, so it can join with my main account and get the achievements/mounts/titles and so on, if I already purchased the upgrade to mists?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-24 at 08:21 PM.
    #boycottchina