Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Endless milling or prospecting macro or addon

Is there an addon or macro that i can use to mass mill or mass prospect 200 stacks with only one click of a button or macro? thanks for any help!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eeeeh, if you look hard enough, there are some third party programs that spam a single button at variable intervals. Not saying you should do it since it's DEEEFINITELY against TOS, but they're out there. I think that there aren't any addons since it's "automation of gameplay." So. Do with that what you will.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure but i think this is considered as a violation of the Blizz ToS/Eula and is considered botting.
    Really not sure though.

One click to do all of it breaks the TOS (you can only have one action per button press), there are plenty of macros which will mill/prospect without requiring you to select what to use it on however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    G15 keyboard macro
    Technically also against the ToS in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaic View Post
    I'm not sure but i think this is considered as a violation of the Blizz ToS/Eula and is considered botting.
    Really not sure though.

You're correct

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Eeeeh, if you look hard enough, there are some third party programs that spam a single button at variable intervals. Not saying you should do it since it's DEEEFINITELY against TOS, but they're out there. I think that there aren't any addons since it's "automation of gameplay." So. Do with that what you will.
    As are you. If you insist on using a third party program google will easily find you one but don't blame me if you get banned for botting (since you will have been).
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2012-11-23 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Oh, that aint good. I guess I ll just hit that damn macro button 250 times while watching football tonight.

This would be a violation of ToS, just stick the macro to cast then use the ore/herbs and bind it to a mouse button whenever you need to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wondermine View Post
    Oh, that aint good. I guess I ll just hit that damn macro button 250 times while watching football tonight.
    That's what I do, good luck with your endeavors.

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt there an addon that adds a wait function to macros? if so you can just make 3 macros, and at the end of each macro have the function to click a specific button on an action bar, creating an endless loop of clicking from one click.
    also, seems to be against ToS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    isnt there an addon that adds a wait function to macros? if so you can just make 3 macros, and at the end of each macro have the function to click a specific button on an action bar, creating an endless loop of clicking from one click.
    also, seems to be against ToS
    The /in function (I think Ace2 added it, as well as some others) only works with non-protected slash commands (ex. chat messages). Protected commands (/run, /click, /cast, /use, etc.) won't work.

Deleted
    I used to use this one back in cata.
    Code:
    ./cast Prospecting
    /use Obsidium Ore
    /use Elementium Ore
    /use Pyrite Ore
    And for disenchant:
    Code:
    ./use Lesser Celestial Essence
    /use Small Heavenly Shard
    /cast !Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52492
    /use item:52309
    /use item:52307
    /use item:52308
    /use item:52316
    /use item:52312
    /use item:52314
    /use item:52310
    /use item:55037
    Just change the items you wanna use.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a search for "milling" in descriptions at WowInterface:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o=desc&sb=hits

Deleted
    <snip> is one of the best automation software utilities around, and while it is true u can automate anything with it - as the others have pointed out it's against WoW's ToS if u use it with their game =)

Don't link directly to stuff that violates the ToS, please.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-23 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    I used to use this one back in cata.
    Code:
    ./cast Prospecting
    /use Obsidium Ore
    /use Elementium Ore
    /use Pyrite Ore
    And for disenchant:
    Code:
    ./use Lesser Celestial Essence
    /use Small Heavenly Shard
    /cast !Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52309
    /use item:52307
    /use item:52308
    /use item:52316
    /use item:52312
    /use item:52314
    /use item:52310
    /use item:55037
    Just change the items you wanna use.
    This! Works wonders but don't forget to enable AutoLoot in the Options so you dont have to clickloot all stuff. Then just put the macro on a hotkey like "1" and spam ahoy! Yes you have to click every "milling/prospecting" but it's fast as hell and all materials just ends up in your bags.

Remember to have stacks of even 5 with the mats you wanna prospect or the macro will complain, so all broken stacks of like 3 or 1 item left, put that item aside in your bank as the macro scans all your bags when doing it. Alternatively put the broken stack-items last in the macro as it checks from up to down when you use it, hence u wont get that error until you're done with everything else!

In addition, if you're in a DIY mood and with a slight positional modification, this can also help.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernoid View Post
    In addition, if you're in a DIY mood and with a slight positional modification, this can also help.

<snip> (anti-afk video)
    Heh, I once made something out of my old lego mindstorms kit to do just that, but the battery is in no way practical to use for such a thing. I was just bored.

I've heard of people using autohotkey or some such program to do a click on every movement of the mouse, and having that click still input to WoW while the game is minimized and while they were surfing the web or something else outside the game - they claimed Blizzard was okay with this. I can see how it would be, as multiboxers do something somewhat similar to achieve what they do, and you technically still have to be at the computer giving input.

That doesn't mean they weren't full of shit or that the policy hasn't changed - but it doesn't hurt to petition and ask Blizzard yourself what the policy on it is. And if you do, post back what they say here.

Deleted
    I assume that this would be allowed - one "action" per click (action being key press, mouse event or similar passed to the game client). Interesting solution to the problem which obviously still requires you to be at the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernoid View Post

Still against the TOS. Just takes Botting to a literal level.
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2012-11-29 at 12:51 AM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actual, the ToS requires a physical action - which is why keyboard macros and such are violations - and a presence at the keyboard. However, the above provides a physical action, which makes it TECHNICALLY allowed via the terms of the ToS, as long as you're sitting at your computer desk.

Deleted
    Doesn't mean that pressing a button at the exact same millisecond interval repeatedly while milling won't throw up any automated red flags for Blizzard - and I don't think CS would be too happy to hear "but I didn't violate the ToS, I just automated milling" as a reason to remove the ban. The solution suggested by Spiralphoenix above is still what seems the most workable, really.

Deleted
    I can recommend TradeSkillMaster_Destroying. It has a little window with only a few configuration options (slow, normal and fast mode) and a big "Destroy" button. It is easy to use, doesn't take up macro space, you can bind the destroy button to a key and it integrates nicely with TSM.