BLACK FRIDAY SALE first time build

So I've been putting this off for a while for many different reasons, but I am finally going to build my own gaming PC. My rig will be based around Marest's Gaming 870 and 790 builds. It is my first time ever so the questions are:
    Will these components work together?
    Do I need the after market heatsink or is the factory one ok? (I play about three hours a day.
    Are there any items I should improve or cut down on?
    My budget for the components should not exceed $800 since I still need OS and peripherals. Feel free to comment on the quality and brand choice of the component and make any necessary recommendations.
    Here are the items

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb
    GPU: HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
    ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fine to me perfect cpu choice, the gpu fits perfectly at this budget, good mobo the ram is perfect too, everything is good quality, and the stock cooler is good for starters if you wont overclock much, and you can always get a new one later : D

if you are getting a unlocked cpu, noted by the K on intel, then you really should get a aftermarket cooler.
    I'll lay it out this way

Case: I have that case actually, rather decent budget case. Issues though, I have a hard time fitting the back of the case on, not really much room, the front of the case seems a little iffy at times too, this seems to be caused by my A70 though. It does have a tool-less design, meaning your drives don't need to be screwed in. It seems like it can fit most gpus, I have a 6870 currently and there's a bit more room to go. So overall besides the issues with the back of the case not fitting...not a bad case, it's worked decently well for me
    HDD: It's a hard drive....not really much to say
    GPU: The 7870, from what I've seen in terms of benchmarks it seems to be the best card for it's price point...but I may be wrong, not really going to give much say on this.
    PSU: A friend of mine has that exact model, hasn't had any issues at all and corsair overall makes rather good products.
    Ram: Well....like the HDD it's a basic component and as long as you go with a decent company, which you have, then you should be fine. Plus 8Gb is really all you need.
    CPU: I5-3570K, Very nice cpu and probably the best you can buy for gaming right now. It has decent OCing room, not as much as the 2500k but plenty for most users. I have mine sitting at 4.7ghz and with my A70 I rarely see temps above 60c. This cpu is probably the most highly recommended cpu in terms of gaming.
    Mobo: ASrock, good brand. Looking at the mobo on newegg...things to note. Their is only one pci-e slot capable of really running a gpu, so as long as you don't plan on Xfire or SLI, you should be fine. Really only negative of note, situational negative too, you have plenty of Sata ports and USB, limited number of sata 6gb and usb 3.0 but not unexpected. Also I love the fact that it's full black.

Overall, nothing bad about the build, pretty good I have to say. I do suggest getting a aftermarket cooler though.
    I was going to link to my cooler, but it seems corsair backed out of air cooling. So I'll go with the most recommended budget cooler ever
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065
    cooler master hyper 212 plus.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

10+ Year Old Account
    Change the HDD to a Western Digital Caviar blue/black, the Seagate Barracuda's are awful.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know whether that TX650v2 is running on an awesome sale or something, but it's typically way overpriced and needless for an i5 3570K + HD7850. You don't need more than 500-550w of quality power....unless you were planning to crossfire in the future.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

How is my choice of hard drive bad, what are some problems I might encounter?
    Last edited by pimphand69; 2012-11-23 at 05:20 AM.

Catastrophic mechanical failure is a little problem that comes to mind.

how so and what would you recommend?
    would this be better?
    Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD5000HHTZ 500GB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I mean whill the PC crash, its mainly a gaming and browsing PC

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo stay away from Velociraptors (in the same way as you would stay away from the actual fucking dinosaur), they are INSANELY overpriced and don't offer any benefit that can't be easily overtaken by an SSD.

But you're on the right track with Western Digital, they are considered as the best HDD manufacturer as of today.

Take any of these drives:
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb, 750GB, 1TB
    Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Thank you very much and one last question. I noticed the Blue is more or less for everyday computing whereas the black is more performance. Will it really make a difference to my build?

Hmmm, I was thinking is was my WDC that gave me issues...but researching a bit it seems that it was my seagate actually,(looking at disk managment and seeing which was which) works fine now. Actually I have no clue what caused the issue, all I know is I lost all my data on the drive and had to reformat it....so yeah go with WDC.

Deleted
    black is also supposed to be more reliable with better part usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Noooo stay away from Velociraptors (in the same way as you would stay away from the actual fucking dinosaur), they are INSANELY overpriced and don't offer any benefit that can't be easily overtaken by an SSD.

But you're on the right track with Western Digital, they are considered as the best HDD manufacturer as of today.

Take any of these drives:
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb, 750GB, 1TB
    Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
    you must have missed the 600Gb sale like 2 months ago, $129.99 for a 600g Vraptor >.> was a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    black is also supposed to be more reliable with better part usage.
    Uh no blacks are performance drives, really no different from blues except you can hear a black very clearly, they are not quiet drives.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    CPU: I5-3570K, Very nice cpu and probably the best you can buy for gaming right now. It has decent OCing room, not as much as the 2500k but plenty for most users. I have mine sitting at 4.7ghz and with my A70 I rarely see temps above 60c. This cpu is probably the most highly recommended cpu in terms of gaming.
    That's awesome to hear, i bought one today
    Let me ask you a question, is the OC necessary to run with 60fps @ 1920x1080 (I have a HD 5770) the games we have today ? I'm asking because OC where i live would be a pain, temps here stays like 35°C all day, so i would need a really good cooler system to go over 4.0Ghz.

well no, not really it's a good cpu even without ocing. If you want to run at that fps and res you will have to upgrade your gpu though, the 5770 isn't a bad gpu but it's a bit dated at this point.