1. #1

    [Prist] Garalon's leg

    Hey guys just wondering, if you dot up a leg while outside its +dmg circle, then you run inside the leg does the dot automatically increase its dmg? or do you have to reapply it for the buff to take effect. Also what happens if you dot it up inside the leg then run out of the circle, does the dot do less dmg then?
    Cheers

  2. #2
    DoTs take a snapshot of all buffs/debuff when they are cast.

    Outside->DoT->Run in = Weak DoT's
    Outside->Dot->Inside->Reapply = Strong DoT's
    Inside->Dot->Outside = Strong Dot's

  3. #3
    Sweet thx, yer I knew thats how it worked with trinket procs and stuff just wasn't sure about garalon buffs.

  4. #4
    You do want to keep your DP-3Orbs for when you have the leg debuff.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    DoTs take a snapshot of all buffs/debuff when they are cast.

    Outside->DoT->Run in = Weak DoT's
    Outside->Dot->Inside->Reapply = Strong DoT's
    Inside->Dot->Outside = Strong Dot's
    Not quite. DoT damage is mitigated/amplified dynamically whenever damage increasing effects (such as the Weak Point debuff on Garalon) are present. This means DoTs will only deal 100% increased damage when you're in the circle regardless of whether they were cast in or out of it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Not quite. DoT damage is mitigated/amplified dynamically whenever damage increasing effects (such as the Weak Point debuff on Garalon) are present. This means DoTs will only deal 100% increased damage when you're in the circle regardless of whether they were cast in or out of it.
    When you say "DoTs are mitigated/amplified dynamically", this applies to debuffs / buffs on the target. The weak point buff on Garalon is not a target buff, it's a player buff. I'm not sure this applies.

    For example:

    1) You apply a dot to a target
    2) DoT ticks for normal damage thus far
    3) Target receives debuff, for example magic damage taken from lock or rogue or whatever...
    4) from this point on, DoTs now tick for more damage without a refresh needed.

    Can anybody confirm this?
    "I never met a miner who complained about the weather"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Not quite. DoT damage is mitigated/amplified dynamically whenever damage increasing effects (such as the Weak Point debuff on Garalon) are present. This means DoTs will only deal 100% increased damage when you're in the circle regardless of whether they were cast in or out of it.
    Yes quite.
    Look here, I would hope you know how to interpret expression logs.
    Here is normal SW:P dmg and ToF: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c77s2...+Fate%22%0D%0A
    Here is Garalon's Leg dmg with SW:P and the auras of "Weak Points" applied and removed: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c77s2..._REMOVED%29%29

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Yes quite.
    Look here, I would hope you know how to interpret expression logs.
    Here is normal SW:P dmg and ToF: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c77s2...+Fate%22%0D%0A
    Here is Garalon's Leg dmg with SW:P and the auras of "Weak Points" applied and removed: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c77s2..._REMOVED%29%29
    Weak points is actually a very odd mechanic. It is a special case where debuffs on the player will live update dots on the target. In most cases do not expect things to work like this. Twist of Fate there is working like expected and the dots are only doing more damage once you recast while under the effect.

    Interesting note here, mastery proc dot ticks go off stats at time of the proc not time of the dot cast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •