Haste cap with windsong

So, my haste for my SP is 6741 and I have Windsong on my weapon, when It procs, my haste jumps to 8241. Soft haste cap is 8085.

Since I cannot be soft haste capped all the time with my gear, should I bring my haste down so that with the Windsong proc it is a little above 8085 and just wait for better gear to really soft cap it all the time?

I am hit capped atm

I wish people wound stop calling it a haste "cap" or a "sot cap", because reaching it is neither of those. Our actual haste cap is around 200k haste. But no haste will always be our best stat. The only other stat that rivals haste, is crit. And that' s only one single target with it being .43 while haste is .43 in relation to 1 int.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I wish people wound stop calling it a haste "cap" or a "sot cap", because reaching it is neither of those. Our actual haste cap is around 200k haste. But no haste will always be our best stat. The only other stat that rivals haste, is crit. And that' s only one single target with it being .43 while haste is .43 in relation to 1 int.
    Your information is completely off-topic... you reply with some $%^&&*@ about 200k haste.

just stack haste no matter what

that's what he mean I think
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomala View Post
    Your information is completely off-topic... you reply with some $%^&&*@ about 200k haste.
    Excuse you? Do you even know what you talking about at all? I'm going to assume no, which is pretty evident from what you've said thus far. Like I said in my original post, what you are looking for isn't a hard or soft cap, an actual hard cap means that you no longer gain any benefit at all from haste. That isn't what you are looking for. You are looking/asking about the 8085 haste thresh hold at which SW;P gains an extra tick and 8064 at which DP gains an extra tick. I have a great write up about all of it here: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748 . So the answer you are looking for is no you will not sacrifice haste for any other secondary stat at this gear level.

Hopefully you read it, and can finally actually understand what you are asking in the first place. Since it's pretty clear you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomala View Post
    Unless your question was off topic his answer was exactly on topic.

In short no, the amount of value you gain from the first whatever 1000 haste from the proc outweighs the 400ish you may go over. Losing that amount of haste over the 84% of the fight you don't have windsong proc'ed will be a loss both on paper and in game.

Deleted
    I wish people wound stop calling it a haste "cap" or a "sot cap", because reaching it is neither of those.
    You are correct. I've tried explaining this in multiple threads.

Where the fuck did this theory of 8085 being a cap come from?

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    You are correct. I've tried explaining this in multiple threads.

Where the fuck did this theory of 8085 being a cap come from?
    People misunderstanding breakpoints? Don't know anything about Priests, but sounds most likely.

this is all i can think of after hearing him get mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

So drye, if I understand you right, haste cap is 8085?

Seriously though I think what people need to know is how the stat weights change at 8085 haste to understand why the haste breakpoint is significant and NOT a cap. Haste is still really good after 8085, just not as good as it was before 8085. Once you get your extra dot ticks after 8085 haste, Crit is slightly better than haste, and mastery is pretty close to being in line with haste (based on my sims at least).

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Burchoid View Post
    So drye, if I understand you right, haste cap is 8085?

Seriously though I think what people need to know is how the stat weights change at 8085 haste to understand why the haste breakpoint is significant and NOT a cap. Haste is still really good after 8085, just not as good as it was before 8085. Once you get your extra dot ticks after 8085 haste, Crit is slightly better than haste, and mastery is pretty close to being in line with haste (based on my sims at least).
    Except it's not. Haste beats out anything with more than 1 target. Crit also doesnt ever surpass haste, they only equal out.

Except it's not. Haste beats out anything with more than 1 target. Crit also doesnt ever surpass haste, they only equal out.
    "doesn't ever" is a strong claim, which is false if sims are to be believed (some of my sims agree with his). "doesn't usually" is hard to disagree with though. If your gear is low ilvl but gets you to haste breakpoint (so your gear is almost exclusively hit/spirit and haste), crit definitely beats haste after the breakpoint. I can't attest to his statement about mastery (which has always simmed very poorly for me) though.

I'd still say to run your own sims and see what happens, though if you don't want to do that, then you're never too far off by going for haste > crit > mastery.

Yeah, I agree. I always tend to think in terms of a BIS gear setup.