Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Current state of MoP PvP

Hello ladies and gents of Azeroth! I created this thread as an inquiry to the current state of PvP and I'm looking for a synopsis. Since I'll be receiving my Bachelors degree in a month, and currently girlfriendless, I was contemplating coming back to wow. I played for a few years from vanilla through Wrath with some breaks in between, but had to quit midway through Cata because I thought the PvP was horrible. Is that the case these days, or did Blizz get a good handling on balancing issues? I know the game can never be 100% balanced, but I am curious to the current state of PvP. Thanks!

Elemental Shaman will show you how well balance is doing in pvp.

this is by far the worst season for pvp WoW has ever experienced....not even close to balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    this is by far the worst season for pvp WoW has ever experienced....not even close to balanced.
    Never heard that one before. Tell me more.

Pretty fun if you're playing Mage, Warrior, or RShammy

Quote Originally Posted by resare View Post
    Pretty fun if you're playing Mage, Warrior, or RShammy
    QFT. Every bg has at least 3 warriors on the enemy team.

Having a difficult time on my monk. Might go back to my lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Never heard that one before. Tell me more.
    i play rogue...enough said. not fun being at the bottom of the barrel. that and warriors this season put wotlk dks to shame.

Everyone apart from Rogues are fine and the ramp up mechanics and snap decisions as to when to go for a target and when to use cooldowns are great until you trip over a Warrior, a BM hunter or a Mage.

Very hard to deal with their cooldowns right now and stagger out the damage and keep up with the damage mitigation / healing they have if you do survive. But hey, early days. It's at least more promising than Cata was. Monk looks demanding to play well; more like this would be ace.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

basically wms/wmd/mls/kfc are the ladders right now with the occcasional double healer

Thanks for the fast replies everyone. I've been doing some other research on reviews, and think I might have to find a classic server to play on. I don't think I can handle the dumbed down, instant gratification, sparkle sparkle state the retail version offers. I saw this nonsense start to occur in Wrath as it got worse in Cataclysm. I'm a fan of the challenges vanilla/tbc offered, the adventure, the old world, and style.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Everyone apart from Rogues are fine and the ramp up mechanics and snap decisions as to when to go for a target and when to use cooldowns are great until you trip over a Warrior, a BM hunter or a Mage.

Very hard to deal with their cooldowns right now and stagger out the damage and keep up with the damage mitigation / healing they have if you do survive. But hey, early days. It's at least more promising than Cata was. Monk looks demanding to play well; more like this would be ace.

Deleted
    This xpack is by far the best for pvp, i think the developers are actually starting to listen to the player base, i mean its so good right now it hasn't been like this since vanilla, did i mention there are discussions into bringing back old AV? The only bad thing i have to say is, i dont think there is enough cc at the moment, and classes don't seem to have a lot of burst anymore, it feel like its more about skill and less about gear as well now, it's just fantastic what they have done!. the only thing is that mages and warriors feel a little weak at the moment, and Discipline priests are a bit over powered but other then that i am having a blast! GG Blizz happy pvp customer right here.

Deleted
    This expansion proved that people that are defending Blizzard in pvp cases are always the wrong ones. Too bad they are damn good at arguing at the end of any expansion but in the end, they are the wrong ones.

And yeah most of my friends ragequit WoW cause of pvp, oddly enough they managed to endure CATA without whining.

If you thought Cataclysm was too imbalanced, you will hate the game now. I would say Blizzard has kept up their trend of making balance worse in each expansion. This was the one that finally broke my remaining interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    snip
    I'm ashamed to say that until I read the part about Warriors and Mages being weak, I thought you were serious. 10/10 Would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    This xpack is by far the best for pvp, i think the developers are actually starting to listen to the player base, i mean its so good right now it hasn't been like this since vanilla, did i mention there are discussions into bringing back old AV? The only bad thing i have to say is, i dont think there is enough cc at the moment, and classes don't seem to have a lot of burst anymore, it feel like its more about skill and less about gear as well now, it's just fantastic what they have done!. the only thing is that mages and warriors feel a little weak at the moment, and Discipline priests are a bit over powered but other then that i am having a blast! GG Blizz happy pvp customer right here.
    at first I was like -_-

but then I was like ^.^

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neemzor View Post
    Thanks for the fast replies everyone. I've been doing some other research on reviews, and think I might have to find a classic server to play on. I don't think I can handle the dumbed down, instant gratification, sparkle sparkle state the retail version offers. I saw this nonsense start to occur in Wrath as it got worse in Cataclysm. I'm a fan of the challenges vanilla/tbc offered, the adventure, the old world, and style.
    if you think vanilla was balanced, you are out of your gourd

if you think tbc was balanced, you probably played slsl/rdruid in 2s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cufda17 View Post
    I'm ashamed to say that until I read the part about Warriors and Mages being weak, I thought you were serious. 10/10 Would read again.
    What can i say?

Lol this expansion is the most like Vanilla and BC...everything is stretched out so it seems like you are doing a lot to get very little, for some reason this is appealing to people. The balance in pvp is probably as bad as Vanilla and BC and the people complaining are the ones who were awesome in PvP and are now at the bottom. Take for instance rogues, you guys dominated pvp for how long and now that you aren't dominating its an attrocity. PvP has always been about flavor of the month and always will be, like any sport. Competition against other humans will always lead to following the trend of whats new and what group has the upper hand. Take for instance real war...you charge onto the battlefield with your sword and the guys on the other side have guns. You don't complain about how you need a better sword you go out and get guns. This is the state of WoW pvp and always has been.

The classes have never been balanced, no class have ever had 3 specs that dominate the pvp scene. sorry shamans that play enh/ele, resto is insane atm, adapt. Pvp is also about adapting to the scenario, even when it means switching specs/classes etc. Does this mean blizz shouldn't balance or that this is the best possible way of doing things; NO. It is just the reality and always has been and always will be, more than likely, so acting like its something to do with this expansions specifically is fool hearted and making youremember when you class was dominate and you just thought it was your mad skillz.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2012-11-23 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Stuncraft
    Bots galore
    Worst Imbalance ever
    MMR Exploit

The current state of MoP PvP?
    Quite simply the worst PvP Expansion in gaming history

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrachan View Post
    World of Stuncraft
    Bots galore
    Worst Imbalance ever