Ilevel for HoF normal

Hi chaps,

What sort of average ilvl should a raid team look to have before making real inroads into HoF normal?

We've cleared MSV, but I've seen someone say that HoF is tuned for 485+, and we average something like 478-479, so I want to make sure I find the right balance between HoF progression and MSV farming.

Thanks in advance!

HoF would indeed be worlds easier in the better gear, but you should definitely NOT delay progress just to wait on gear, especially being so close to your goal.
    HoF is mainly avoidable mechanics also, with an enrage or enrage mechanic or two.
    Clear MSV then straight to HoF progression, not sure how long you raid but if you clear MSV, it should be faster every week.
    Last edited by Jinivus; 2012-11-23 at 03:20 AM.

Deleted
    MGV is tuned for i470 but would suggset i475. But hey, if you got MSV on farm. Just clear MSV and then spend the remainder of the raid week on HoF?

We cleared HoF 6/6 in a semi guild run with some random pugs from trade with people ranging from i475 to 490. An average on about 482-483~
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-11-23 at 04:08 AM.

The first 2 bosses of HoF are doable with ~470 ilvl. Healing on Garalon is slightly harder than healing Elegon, but DPS required should be the same.

atleast 480 for HoF unless your dps is amazing.. the first boss isnt hard at all but Blade lord Ta'yak does have an enrage timer.. and so does Garalon.. maybe 485 for Garalon.. still its an execution fight like elegon so its really up to you.. just know you need lots of dps for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Clear MSV then straight to HoF progression, not sure how long you raid but if you clear MSV, it should be faster every week.
    This is what I would do. However, you won't see much of HoF if you don't raid much. Learn to pull trash a bit faster and get back from wipes faster and it'll help with the time constraints.

Deleted
    2 healed first boss this week with 2 holy pallies (me being one of them with really shitty gear - ilvl 468 afaik) - first couple of bosses are more mechanics then throughput from a heal/dps requirement. garalon is a step up and probably requires a bit more gear.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2012-11-23 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks folks! We only raid 2 nights a week, which is why I care about finding the right balance. And DPS is our weakest area, though we were a minute off Elegon's enrage. Sounds like we should be splitting our time about evenly between MSV (for gear) and giving HoF a go. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    The first 2 bosses of HoF are doable with ~470 ilvl. Healing on Garalon is slightly harder than healing Elegon, but DPS required should be the same.
    Dunno man, dps requirement seemed a lot higher on Garalon, maybe it was just our comp (not enough cleavers) and kiters doing shitty damage cuz of the movement...

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Dunno man, dps requirement seemed a lot higher on Garalon, maybe it was just our comp (not enough cleavers) and kiters doing shitty damage cuz of the movement...
    Tank + healers can kite Garalon so kiters' dps is not an issue.

Deleted
    HoF is very easy to heal in 486, I would suggest around 475, lower is fine, though.