Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    MoP PvP is horrible garbage, so they kinda want to get rewards without actually have to do it. Question is thought why they need rewards if they hate BG's, arenas?
    Then why did they bot in Cata?
    Why in Wrath?
    Why in BC?

They're lazy. You can try and blame it on the state of PvP but it boils down to just that, the people who bot are lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Why in Wrath?
    Why in BC?

They're lazy. You can try and blame it on the state of PvP but it boils down to just that, the people who bot are lazy.
    This is, more or less, exactly why. Botting is just an easier way to the end goal. It doesn't matter if WOW had the most balanced PVP in the world. If it had a grind for points system to get the best gear, you'd still see people botting their way to gear in that system. If vanilla rewarded losing as much as TBC and on in BGs, you can bet bots would have been a problem in vanilla as well.

The more sophisticated bots are actually pretty helpful, I've had bots pocket heal me and get top heals. More bots less qq, I just hate the leeched bots who avoid afk kicks rather then help. The difference is hundreds hours of code, but the honor farm has to go up when the bot collects more hks for healing or at least wacking some thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe my perception skills need improvement because I never really notice bots yet everyone says they're a huge problem (which is true) as of now. However I have seen many posts of people experiencing similar things so maybe I need to pay attention more in Bg's lol..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonaut View Post
    The more sophisticated bots are actually pretty helpful, I've had bots pocket heal me and get top heals. More bots less qq, I just hate the leeched bots who avoid afk kicks rather then help. The difference is hundreds hours of code, but the honor farm has to go up when the bot collects more hks for healing or at least wacking some thing.
    I agree that some bots can actually outplay either bad, new or lazy players but the problem is, that they're only useful for fighting. They won't go for the flag in WSG or TP, they won't take a demo in StoA, they don't go for the Glaives in IoC, they don't help cap bases and they ignore any tactics. So overall I'd much rather have your average player than a bot on the team.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 05:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    Maybe my perception skills need improvement because I never really notice bots yet everyone says they're a huge problem (which is true) as of now. However I have seen many posts of people experiencing similar things so maybe I need to pay attention more in Bg's lol..
    Boths have become a lot better and more advanced than they used to be. But if you know what you're looking for, they're easy to spot. That said, there seems to be a difference in the amounts of bots on US and EU realms. Seems like EU realms are being flooded literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I agree that some bots can actually outplay either bad, new or lazy players but the problem is, that they're only useful for fighting. They won't go for the flag in WSG or TP, they won't take a demo in StoA, they don't go for the Glaives in IoC, they don't help cap bases and they ignore any tactics. So overall I'd much rather have your average player than a bot on the team.[COLOR="red"]
    Well some of it comes down to how you use what's given to you. Yes, I will agree with the hivemind people>bots, but you can manipulate the bots to heal you while you do something or attack a certain target. No it's not easy, but it's just making the best of a bad situation.

Enemy team being 100% bots = Easy win.

Why in Wrath?
    Why in BC?

It's not about botting but the AMOUNT of it. Yes we had this shit since Vanilla but now then numbers are just crazy and it sctrictly has to do with poor state of game.

Deleted
    Im confused which bot these guys are using, mines isnt the sharpest tool in the bunch but it doesnt camp a single base.

Deleted
    Honestly it CAN get worser than this state. Belivie it or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That paragraph alone is all the proof I needed to know you have no frickin' idea of what you're talking about. Let's make a quick comparison: Blizzard will be the police, the botter will be the burglar, and the player (you) will be the civilian. The burglar (botter) is robbing a house, and you see him in the act of robbing that house. You do not call the police (Blizzard) because you don't trust them, and then the next day bitch and moan for everyone to hear how the police (Blizzard) allowed that house to be robbed by not protecting the neighborhood, since the burglar robbed that house unimpeded.
    Actually, your analogy fails hardcore. Which is sad, because usually when people post analogies, they're witty and smart about this issue, but that's not the case here

Anyway, let me explain how your analogy works out, since he said he reported 200 botters (you even quoted that):

The burglar is robbing a house, and he sees her in the act of robbing that house. He calls the police, tells them the exact name of the burglar, the time they robbed and the place they robbed. Also assume that the police can instantly teleport to the place if they want. And then, the next day, he sees the burglar again, robbing another house. And the next day again. And again. And again. And this happens with 199 other burglars too. The last burglar he saw was high-fiving a cop as they ran out of the house. That is the correct analogy.

But of course you have to understand, after all Blizzard are preparing a big strike to take out the entire botting program!1 When? Well, that could take a while, maybe a few months, or maybe a year, who knows. Maybe the botter even retires from botting by the time they want to do anything.

If word came out that GMs are proactively hunting for botters, then botting would be rather scary - but apparently enough people do get away with it, otherwise there wouldn't be too many.
    Last edited by mmocc24a3db56c; 2012-11-25 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonaut View Post
    Well some of it comes down to how you use what's given to you. Yes, I will agree with the hivemind people>bots, but you can manipulate the bots to heal you while you do something or attack a certain target. No it's not easy, but it's just making the best of a bad situation.
    That would require that you could make them follow you from say WW to LH and you can't. And even if I could lure them into giving me a heal now or then, I still can't make them defend a base or cap a base.

Any person with a brain knows, that all it requires to take a base from bots, is to lure them away from the base by engaging and then running away. Then someone can stealth in and cap.

End of the day bots still ruing BG's.

And I thought 8 bots in a WSG was bad -.-

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    And I thought 8 bots in a WSG was bad -.-
    I'm sorry you must have missed during the video when even he stated that he wasn't certain they were bots. You must assume anyone who doesn't chat it up with you or follow the commands you give in BG chat must be a bot. It's also incredibly hilarious the bots seemed to be playing better than the person recording the video.

I'm sorry you must have missed during the video when even he stated that he wasn't certain they were bots. You must assume anyone who doesn't chat it up with you or follow the commands you give in BG chat must be a bot. It's also incredibly hilarious the bots seemed to be playing better than the person recording the video.
    Pretty funny if you consider I MADE THE VIDEO...

I'm pretty certain everyone besides that one DK was a bot. I hadn't JUST started the BG, and the I'm 100% sure they were botting. Also rofl if you think bots are better than me

Deleted
    This morning I (horde) was playing Eye with one other player, and 13 bots mainly camping BE before camping DR. FUN. Not.

How come it's so hard to eradicate this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I honestly don't think anyone gives a shit about retarded conspiracy theories. Blizzard bans botters, whether you notice it or not.
    I'm sure they do! But for every bot banned new ones pop up so fast it almost doesent matter

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Pretty funny if you consider I MADE THE VIDEO...

I'm pretty certain everyone besides that one DK was a bot. I hadn't JUST started the BG, and the I'm 100% sure they were botting. Also rofl if you think bots are better than me
    Well then glad I didn't comment on the video posters over use of YOLO.

But if you wan't to believe everyone but you is a bot that's fine. I'm 100% sure that since you were there with the 'bots' during the video other people just assumed you were one also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know someone who hates honor farming and prefers to bot BG, but sometimes while he bots he sits at his computer and when someone 1v1s his bot he takes control and kills them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard won't make accusations for bots unless they have 100% confirmed proof of a person using a 3rd-party program. Since most bots don't memory edit they really can't prove anything unless they violate peoples rights by looking at their computer.