View Poll Results: Is Ancient Portal: Dalaran fun?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! Working as intended, lol!

    141 73.82%
  • Nope! I hate fun and this game is srs business!

    50 26.18%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,680
    I want to level my mage to 90 just for the sake of doing that in LFR now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    awsome.
    Simply awsome
    that sounds more fun than dropping demonic portals on the very edge of elegons platform and watching people bounce through them, then carry on running forward to their doom }
    Hahaha, brb leveling my lock to 90. Too good!

    My priest loves standing by the edge and picking the most spazzy Monk as he dances around the trash to Elegon and...well...you know the rest.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Between Leap Of Faith to the biggest mouth breeder, mass summons to EoE at LFR Hagara, and mage portals before Hagara yours is also a funny one. He brought it upon himself because he decided to... click on a portal. My favorite portal related one was using Jaina's Locket to make a portal to Dalaran, and then blame the mage for trying to be funny. I also remember one time someone clicked my portal, and then I had to go outside to summon him because he didn't have the portal to Uldum or didn't have flying.
    Don't forget standing on the very edge behind where the portal to EoE spawns before Hagara and saying, "Hey, when did they put an invisible wall here so people can't fall off?"

    Brought LFR to a screeching corpse-run halt every time.

  4. #24
    Funny what happened but not cool you didn't do anything to help him prevent from being kicked.
    You should have told the group that you were partially responsible at least.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Don't forget standing on the very edge behind where the portal to EoE spawns before Hagara and saying, "Hey, when did they put an invisible wall here so people can't fall off?"

    Brought LFR to a screeching corpse-run halt every time.
    Or summoning whole 25 man tolbarad raid to that water vortex in STV, instant death, so much fun.

  6. #26
    I don't care if it's funny, I ain't got time for dat shit.

    One time I had to wait in LFR for 10 minutes while 90% of the group ended up at Malygos and actually ended up killing him before coming back to actually do Hagara. Sometimes I cut runs close to when I have to leave for work, usually because dipshits end up causing wipes and I never account for those when calculating if I'll have time, so I hate you and I hate anyone else who slows down runs by doing unnecessary shit.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don't care if it's funny, I ain't got time for dat shit.

    One time I had to wait in LFR for 10 minutes while 90% of the group ended up at Malygos and actually ended up killing him before coming back to actually do Hagara. Sometimes I cut runs close to when I have to leave for work, usually because dipshits end up causing wipes and I never account for those when calculating if I'll have time, so I hate you and I hate anyone else who slows down runs by doing unnecessary shit.
    Maybe you should do LFR and such when you have more time, since you cannot, and will never be able to, control the actions and speed of the 24 other people you are forced to run said raids with.

    If you want to be a hard ass and adhere to a strict schedule, maybe its time to start your own 10 man heroic guild and raid lead that. Until then, you are at the mercy of the other 24 people in your raid, and between tank afks, healers failing and getting chain kicked, and dps pulling half of my numbers, I'd say I put up with plenty of 'time wasters' as well. The difference in, someone pulling shit numbers and increasing the length of a fight isn't fun, whereas my method and the methods of the other fun people in this thread ARE. :-)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Maybe you should do LFR and such when you have more time, since you cannot, and will never be able to, control the actions and speed of the 24 other people you are forced to run said raids with.

    If you want to be a hard ass and adhere to a strict schedule, maybe its time to start your own 10 man heroic guild and raid lead that. Until then, you are at the mercy of the other 24 people in your raid, and between tank afks, healers failing and getting chain kicked, and dps pulling half of my numbers, I'd say I put up with plenty of 'time wasters' as well. The difference in, someone pulling shit numbers and increasing the length of a fight isn't fun, whereas my method and the methods of the other fun people in this thread ARE. :-)
    Thanks for the advice, because clearly I have plenty of time I never noticed before in my real life schedule. And, clearly, considering I have SO much time, I should invest tons of that time and effort into creating and maintaining a heroic raiding guild.

    Or maybe I can just hate when people fuck around, because I can hate whatever I want.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Thanks for the advice, because clearly I have plenty of time I never noticed before in my real life schedule. And, clearly, considering I have SO much time, I should invest tons of that time and effort into creating and maintaining a heroic raiding guild.

    Or maybe I can just hate when people fuck around, because I can hate whatever I want.
    You certainly can. But let me tell you, if you choose to 'hate' people because of petty things like this, you will slowly turn into a life hating miser (if you haven't already.) Learn to take things as they come, and really, to hate someone or a group of people because they are fooling around in a video game, I advise you to take a few steps back, a deep breath, and adjust.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    This is a great example of the toxicity that has crept into the WOW community. Childish pranks like this, which waste player's time and mucks with their game experience, are pathetic. I don't think you really feel bad, seeing as you are basically bragging about it on MMO Champ.
    I have to say I prefer to prank my friends instead of random strangers.

    In start of MoP a friend of me said I was making a group for Galleon. I didn't know this, but I suddenly got 30 whispers in 1 min. After I figured out what happened, I put in my DND message I was indeed making a group, but said you should whisper my friend's name for invite, so they bounced back to him. He then did same to me.

    "But he told me to whisper you!!"

    Then one day (or night rather, 3 AM) I am on valley on alt and this fellow says he's making a Galleon group. I reply in General something like yeah funny joke but go check it out anyway (I don't even always do that) because I saw a lot of people say inv inv inv. Lou and behold, he was up, waiting for tag. Of course, I tag spread after my pet did a ninja pull for us all. Of course I got loot on the alt I don't care about, who doesn't even have charms.

    I remember my friend also taunting on his enhancement shaman, then complaining to tank about aggro. Not many people in LFR know shamans can taunt. Or on Jindo, resetting him.

    Or pop Divine Intervention as holy and then complain to tank about your death. Some people had no clue about that ability.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    You certainly can. But let me tell you, if you choose to 'hate' people because of petty things like this, you will slowly turn into a life hating miser (if you haven't already.) Learn to take things as they come, and really, to hate someone or a group of people because they are fooling around in a video game, I advise you to take a few steps back, a deep breath, and adjust.
    I work in customer service, casually hating people I don't know for inconsequential things comes naturally.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    But isn't this a game? Aren't we meant to have fun? I had fun at the expense of one other persons fun. I'm not debating this. But TOXICITY is a harsh word to use to describe it, lol. Maybe take this game a bit less seriously, yeah?
    This is indeed a game, meant to have fun. And by your own admission, you deprived a person of that fun. I think toxicity is a great word to describe it.

    Doing something like that in a guild run, or with a group of friends is fine. Getting someone kicked from LFR, wasting their time in queue, and delaying everyone else in the raid? That's not the kind of person I'd want to associate with.

  13. #33
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas/College Station, Tx
    Posts
    327
    You're a bad person, but it's fucking hilarious, so you're forgiven.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I work in customer service, casually hating people I don't know for inconsequential things comes naturally.
    I hear you man. I used to work in retail and customer service as well, and it took a few really horrible things happening in my life to make me stop hating people or being truly aggravated by the small things in life.

    This is one of those small things. Lighten up, it'll do you, your family, and the world good :-)

  15. #35
    The Patient the1seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    my own reality
    Posts
    320
    Sir I salute you! your story hilarious! I remember a time when my friend put his own portals over the existing ones in dal and ppl thought they were broken! It was great!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    This is indeed a game, meant to have fun. And by your own admission, you deprived a person of that fun. I think toxicity is a great word to describe it.

    Doing something like that in a guild run, or with a group of friends is fine. Getting someone kicked from LFR, wasting their time in queue, and delaying everyone else in the raid? That's not the kind of person I'd want to associate with.
    Point well taken, and if I knew the paladins name or server he was on, I'd pop in to say I'm sorry. But as it stands I just have to go with the enjoyment I suppose.

  17. #37
    Mechagnome Deathray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Coney Island
    Posts
    576
    I don't believe in karma, just justice! The guy will get you back someway somehow, to put you in your place. *evil music queues*
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    This is indeed a game, meant to have fun. And by your own admission, you deprived a person of that fun. I think toxicity is a great word to describe it.

    Doing something like that in a guild run, or with a group of friends is fine. Getting someone kicked from LFR, wasting their time in queue, and delaying everyone else in the raid? That's not the kind of person I'd want to associate with.
    Or, from the victim's point of view, you learn. DPS get a pretty quick queue, so he'll be back pretty soon. If he's a quick learner, he'll never click a random portal again, ever. Some are slow learners though...

    That's also why as a healer its great to "slack" instead of focusing on keeping everyone who is taking unnecessary damage topped off. If some fellow nearly dies (or dies) he'll make sure not to take unnecessary damage. I've been on both sides of the fence in this regard. Like first boss Jade Serpent some DPS just like to stand in the swirling beam (dealing 50% of their health as damage). Its always ranged, and almost always an arcane mage (why be arcane anyway?). Tank says, heal the mage. I'm thinking like if you wanna be so pro, go use blink, ice block, and evocate but if you wanna slack I'll show you you got queued with the wrong healer.

    So I can say, lighten up. F.e. getting ganked is much worse waste of time (for both persons) than a silly prank like this.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Or, from the victim's point of view, you learn. DPS get a pretty quick queue, so he'll be back pretty soon. If he's a quick learner, he'll never click a random portal again, ever. Some are slow learners though...

    That's also why as a healer its great to "slack" instead of focusing on keeping everyone who is taking unnecessary damage topped off. If some fellow nearly dies (or dies) he'll make sure not to take unnecessary damage. I've been on both sides of the fence in this regard. Like first boss Jade Serpent some DPS just like to stand in the swirling beam (dealing 50% of their health as damage). Its always ranged, and almost always an arcane mage (why be arcane anyway?). Tank says, heal the mage. I'm thinking like if you wanna be so pro, go use blink, ice block, and evocate but if you wanna slack I'll show you you got queued with the wrong healer.

    So I can say, lighten up. F.e. getting ganked is much worse waste of time (for both persons) than a silly prank like this.
    Heh, well admittedly I certainly didn't place the portal to 'teach him a lesson' or anything like that. But I do suppose the learning curve is something that exists and I am glad to contribute to it in any way I can :-P

  20. #40
    Well, I have to agree with Lovecrafts. This is a pretty petty thing to do. I will never understand trolls. What is fun about making other people mad or sad? I say it takes a pretty pathetic person to get his jollies from it, game or not. But regardless, I suppose if he clicked it when a portal was in no way asked for or required, he probably was a bit of an idiot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •