View Poll Results: Is Ancient Portal: Dalaran fun?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! Working as intended, lol!

    141 73.82%
  • Nope! I hate fun and this game is srs business!

    50 26.18%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Between Leap Of Faith to the biggest mouth breeder, mass summons to EoE at LFR Hagara, and mage portals before Hagara yours is also a funny one. He brought it upon himself because he decided to... click on a portal. My favorite portal related one was using Jaina's Locket to make a portal to Dalaran, and then blame the mage for trying to be funny. I also remember one time someone clicked my portal, and then I had to go outside to summon him because he didn't have the portal to Uldum or didn't have flying.
    Well, now isn't this ironic...lol.

  2. #162
    Pit Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I wouldn't call you a bad person, but if I were you I'd feel guilty for making him get kicked. I've been a victim of the Hagara summon before and I found it hilarious the first time.
    That was awesome, got one of the mounts from EoE that way xDD someone did that portal trick and the groups, which didnt know better, just proceeded to kill Malygos x'D

  3. #163
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,780
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saYF...layer_embedded

    Can't do this anymore....but seriously, watch and try to keep a straight face.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-23 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    I camp people lower than me coz its just a game and im getting my jollies - Nope, hate camping.

    I roll need because I can and thats the way blizz made the game - Nope, I need things I need and thats it. Besides, I play a fucking mage. In LFR loot is individual, in LFD I can't ninja shit because I can only roll need on cloth. Make sense much?

    I port people to their doom because its only a game and they should laugh - Yep, because its funny.

    I pay to loose and not take the game seriously - Nope, I'm a winner.

    I pay $15 a month to laugh at stupid people who I think there gonna be my friends but I dont know what im doing wrong - I don't need e-friends, though I do have a few of those and they think my shenanigans are top notch.

    Please tell me why I should not lift my girlfriends skirt on a date - Usually the skirt is off by the time it comes into play anyway.

    please tell me why i should not port people to their doom - I'd actually like an answer to this, so far all I see is butthurt.

    im 12 and what is this world - Its a scary place. Go back inside.
    There ya go.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Initially I posted because I did feel bad for the paladin that lost his LFR spot because of my shenanigans. But you are not the first, (perhaps the most well spoken, I will give you that) and won't be the last to shake your virtual finger at me and tell me 'bad doggie'. After being a part of the 8 pages discussing this I have all but lost my pity for the paladin and now realize the true issue is people LIKE you that take this game too seriously, as much as you try to persuade me that people like ME are the ones ruining the game by injecting humor into it.

    Like a few others have posted in this thread, I didn't code the spell. I merely learned it and casted it in a raid environment. If I am truly ruining this game, I ask you, what was Blizzard doing adding this wonderful trolling tool into the game in the first place?
    you dont feel any remorse don't pretend you do, its people like you that think its OK to do malicious acts and ultimately cause a detriment to society, you belong in jail as you act of your impulse and not your conscience
    to people like you its OK to do the wrong thing, which its not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    There ya go.
    mate u got the biggest weiner on the internet how do you feel now?


    and you would go out on a date with some festy without a skirt?


    do you have herpies?
    Last edited by TrapTripper; 2012-11-23 at 05:17 PM.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    you dont feel any remorse don't pretend you do, its people like you that think its OK to do malicious acts and ultimately cause a detriment to society, you belong in jail as you act of your impulse and not your conscience
    to people like you its OK to do the wrong thing, which its not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:16 AM ----------



    mate u got the biggest weiner on the internet how do you feel now?


    and you would go out on a date with some festy without a skirt?


    do you have herpies?
    Hahahahahaha, it is now IMPOSSIBLE for me to take you seriously. Honestly, white knight, go away.

  7. #167
    lets keep going coz light always prevails over evil sources of infestation on this planet like you

    Infracted: Please post constructively and avoid insulting other posters - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-23 at 07:20 PM.

  8. #168
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,386
    Tbh, if one ever gets an unexpected loading screen they should be ready for anything. After failing to mouse-click my parachute-button too many times I finally dedicated the minus-button for it to effectively counter sudden falling. Much easier to push a corner button than aim your mouse to a small square when in panic.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I work in customer service, casually hating people I don't know for inconsequential things comes naturally.
    I need to do something with this quote, this is SO true. Some people have the nastiest habits.

    Anyways, funny for you, undoubtedly not so much for the paladin. Sounds like he hadn't quite yet developed the quick 'bubble-finger' every pally should have ;P

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Initially I posted because I did feel bad for the paladin that lost his LFR spot because of my shenanigans. But you are not the first, (perhaps the most well spoken, I will give you that) and won't be the last to shake your virtual finger at me and tell me 'bad doggie'. After being a part of the 8 pages discussing this I have all but lost my pity for the paladin and now realize the true issue is people LIKE you that take this game too seriously, as much as you try to persuade me that people like ME are the ones ruining the game by injecting humor into it.
    Well yeah, you are at a point of rationalization, where caring about the paladin as a reason to start a thread, means others care too much. I'm a random person replying to your thread, where you claim to care for this dude, yet I care too much?

    You asked people to tell you what they think, but when their thinking disagrees with you, they care too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Like a few others have posted in this thread, I didn't code the spell. I merely learned it and casted it in a raid environment. If I am truly ruining this game, I ask you, what was Blizzard doing adding this wonderful trolling tool into the game in the first place?
    I don't know what Blizzard thinks, all I know is your responses. You are now basically making the argument that using legal means to achieve a malicious action, is justified. If your actions were fine, you would not have started this thread. If your actions were fine, you would not be telling people who probebly never started a thread on their feelings resulting from a game, that they care too much if they disagree with your rationalization.

    Other than starting a thread and posting consistently through the thread, what dictates your opinion of people caring too much on a forum? Just that they disagree with you or is there something else?

    I find your snaking around to find justification for actions you felt bad about, very funny. I hope you keep it up, even if that proves my point.

  11. #171
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,224
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Initially I posted because I did feel bad for the paladin that lost his LFR spot because of my shenanigans. But you are not the first, (perhaps the most well spoken, I will give you that) and won't be the last to shake your virtual finger at me and tell me 'bad doggie'. After being a part of the 8 pages discussing this I have all but lost my pity for the paladin and now realize the true issue is people LIKE you that take this game too seriously, as much as you try to persuade me that people like ME are the ones ruining the game by injecting humor into it.

    Like a few others have posted in this thread, I didn't code the spell. I merely learned it and casted it in a raid environment. If I am truly ruining this game, I ask you, what was Blizzard doing adding this wonderful trolling tool into the game in the first place?
    This was fun for you and you alone, this is the issue. For the paladin, who, from what I understand, was a dps, and he stood in the queue for 20-40 minutes to get that group only to have someone make a portal next to the food I bet it was not.

    There's also the argument that the portal wasn't on the table so why did he click it? I remember sometimes that if I approach an objective from a point of view and there's something in front of it that appears there, I may end clicking it by mistake. I kind of doubt he clicked the portal intentionally.

    And it's true, you didn't code the spell, Blizzard did. Just the same Blizzard coded those rocket launchers for Elune's festival (forgat the name) that people realized after 6 years could be used to block other people in the auction house or bank or how they coded the original loot system that allowed everyone to roll for everything. Why did they do so? Because they didn't think there's some jerks that will exploit these things to ruin other people's fun. Or they did think of it, but they didn't think of you using it that way, so they didn't remove that possibility.

    And at least be honest. You didn't make this thread because "you feel bad", judging by your post, you obviously made it to brag.

  12. #172
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Well yeah, you are at a point of rationalization, where caring about the paladin as a reason to start a thread, means others care too much. I'm a random person replying to your thread, where you claim to care for this dude, yet I care too much?

    You asked people to tell you what they think, but when their thinking disagrees with you, they care too much?

    .......

    I don't know what Blizzard thinks, all I know is your responses. You are now basically making the argument that using legal means to achieve a malicious action, is justified. If your actions were fine, you would not have started this thread. If your actions were fine, you would not be telling people who probebly never started a thread on their feelings resulting from a game, that they care too much if they disagree with your rationalization.

    Other than starting a thread and posting consistently through the thread, what dictates your opinion of people caring too much on a forum? Just that they disagree with you or is there something else?

    I find your snaking around to find justification for actions you felt bad about, very funny. I hope you keep it up, even if that proves my point.
    After reading page 1 and then this last page (9 pages already...) you pretty much mirror my thoughts exactly. If it were truly as "lighthearted" and "inconsequential" as you think, you wouldn't need to make a front thread on MMO-champ explaining it to the world.

  13. #173
    I'd lmao for where I'd end up taking the port if I was the pally. I'd be pissed as hell for the vote kick though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  14. #174
    I love to do pranks like this, but only when running shit with guildies. Was great when you could use Direbrews Remote during combat. It was so amazing to see people going to BRD during Razorscale's fight.

  15. #175
    I've always wondered why people like the OP don't have the courage to extend their douchebaggery into real life. This is the WoW equivalent of slashing a tire on a parked car or, if we taken it a little farther, raping a woman while she's too drunk to protest.

    Rationalization: The means to do it are there and if the target didn't want to be hurt, it could have concealed itself. It's "funny" and the OP gets some amount of enjoyment out of it. He'll not suffer any consequences.

    Is it cowardice that keeps them from destroying or raping? I truly see no difference in the logic. It's just a matter of screwing someone over for your own enjoyment.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    This is a great example of the toxicity that has crept into the WOW community. Childish pranks like this, which waste player's time and mucks with their game experience, are pathetic. I don't think you really feel bad, seeing as you are basically bragging about it on MMO Champ.
    Holy fuck people pranking in a game meant to be fun. Whatever will be next?

    Sure the guy may have been pissed for 5 minutes but he'll remember that LFR for years to come. He won't remember the others. You probably need to pull that stick out of yer arse, its making grumpy.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Holy fuck people pranking in a game meant to be fun. Whatever will be next?

    Sure the guy may have been pissed for 5 minutes but he'll remember that LFR for years to come. He won't remember the others. You probably need to pull that stick out of yer arse, its making grumpy.
    You are cursing and telling people to pull sticks out of arse, while calling them grumpy. Think about it... This thread is awsome...

  18. #178
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,053
    He was an idiot as you placed it during a run, not on top of anything. So no, you don't have to feel bad.

    If this trick was played on me and I fell for it, then I'm a fucking moron and would hate us both.
    Lord protector of the Veal

    Pokemon Y
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)
    Friendsafari: Magneton, Forretress, Bronzong

  19. #179
    Stood in the Fire Darkchickens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SPARTA
    Posts
    357
    This reminds me of the time I was in a dungeon, and I wanted to inspect the hunter in our group because he was doing so much damage and was top DPS, I accidentally hit vote to kick instead and it went through lol. One of the funniest moments I've seen.

    I'm also surprised people actually said they hated fun in the poll...
    http://imgur.com/okihZ http://imgur.com/VxZte
    this is why people play world of warcraft.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It was a harmless prank. Why do there need to be social consequences? What consequences do you want? I have a feeling it would be equal to or worse than the 'griefing" he did to the paladin. People take this game way too damn seriously.
    Aren't queues for DPS very long? You think nothing of wasting the time of strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eresin View Post
    Well it was Blizzard who put this item in the game so who are you calling childish?
    You're one of those that think Blizzard can't make mistakes? This is the Blizzard that put 3.0 ret paladins and season 5 death knights into the game. This is the Blizzard that removes things like instant cast snowman disguise and noggenfogger and world enlarger buff stacking. But Blizzard knows best!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 02:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Eh, malicious may have been a bad word choice. Did I place it down hoping someone would click on it and die? Absolutely. But all in fun. Malicious tends to swing toward the 'I dislike this person and wish to cause him harm' side of the spectrum. I've placed it many times with no one clicking it at all, how am I supposed to know 1 ret paladin out of the 72 people in lfr I had grouped with up to that point would click it? It was a pleasant surprise, to be sure.
    If you had gone through dozens and dozens of people and groups and no one had clicked on it to that point, why were you still dropping the portal and praying for someone to click on it? Am I missing something here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •