Poll: Is Ancient Portal: Dalaran fun?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GangRapeORama View Post
    I've always wondered why people like the OP don't have the courage to extend their douchebaggery into real life. This is the WoW equivalent of slashing a tire on a parked car or, if we taken it a little farther, raping a woman while she's too drunk to protest.

Rationalization: The means to do it are there and if the target didn't want to be hurt, it could have concealed itself. It's "funny" and the OP gets some amount of enjoyment out of it. He'll not suffer any consequences.

Is it cowardice that keeps them from destroying or raping? I truly see no difference in the logic. It's just a matter of screwing someone over for your own enjoyment.
    I'm sorry GangRapeORama, I will be less hasty with my choices on who to prank in future.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Aren't queues for DPS very long? You think nothing of wasting the time of strangers?

If you had gone through dozens and dozens of people and groups and no one had clicked on it to that point, why were you still dropping the portal and praying for someone to click on it? Am I missing something here?
    I am mage, I understand how dps queues work. I was in an 8 minute queue before I got in that HoF. I did one pet battle and repaired my gear and bought a gem and boom, queue popped. Long DPS queues are for LFD, not LFR.

I place it over and over just hoping to find someone dumb enough to click it. All of you white knights that keep telling me I posted to 'brag' about it, well, brag is the wrong word. Share? I suppose? Is more apt. I DID think it was funny, and at the point of first post I did have remorse for causing the vote kick.

Which, by the way, I should elaborate on. If I had time stamps, it would have looked like this.

7:00pm Pally clicks portal.
    10 seconds later, dies.
    2 minutes later, still dead, I check map to see him corpse running and laugh silently to myself.
    1 minute later we have 1 trash pack to go, but before pulling it raid leader says 'wtf is pally doing dead out there, kick him'
    5 seconds later vote kick screen pops up.
    1 second later kick has passed.

Even if I WAS going to speak up and defend him by damning myself, there was simply no time. Between when they turned on him and when he got vote kicked was simply too fast to be in my control. I felt bad, but no longer. You e-heroes sticking up for all that is un-fun have seen to that. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    WHy are people taking this so seriously, I mean come on I still see [Anal] 'jokes' the whole ytime in chat.... now that is sad. At least this one is a bit more creative...
    Has happened to me with warlock summons... plummeting to death from a rock in Nagrand, to gettting stuck behind the throne area near Blackwing Descent.
    TYo be honest it has made me more aware that kind of stuff, to better check what I'm clicking, so I guess it's educational even

Nobody actually died, and well the person lost a raid spot.... nothing to cry about really.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    WHy are people taking this so seriously, I mean come on I still see [Anal] 'jokes' the whole ytime in chat.... now that is sad. At least this one is a bit more creative...
    Has happened to me with warlock summons... plummeting to death from a rock in Nagrand, to gettting stuck behind the throne area near Blackwing Descent.
    TYo be honest it has made me more aware that kind of stuff, to better check what I'm clicking, so I guess it's educational even

Nobody actually died, and well the person lost a raid spot.... nothing to cry about really.
    Ah ha! Another for the list of 'pros' for this one! :-)
    Last edited by furriusmurrius; 2012-11-23 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    popped a portal today after killing Sha, sat back and laughed as 5 players took the bait. They didnt say anything but I can only imagine their rage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    popped a portal today after killing Sha, sat back and laughed as 5 players took the bait. They didnt say anything but I can only imagine their rage lol.
    Haven't run Sha this week. Good call! ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a dick and people like you ruin multiplayer gaming. When people talk about wow's bad community, they're talking about people like you. I dont even understand why it's funny to begin with, you must be a child, or very childish person.

Infracted: Please post constructively and refrain from name-calling of other posters. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-24 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious and I want to do this on my mage.

The most fun i've had in this game is pranking/griefing ppl.

Top 1: Getting the emeriss debuff in vanilla/bc and porting to the AH and killing everyone in sight. It even spawned big mushrooms around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    You're a dick and people like you ruin multiplayer gaming. When people talk about wow's bad community, they're talking about people like you. I dont even understand why it's funny to begin with, you must be a child, or very childish person.
    If I thought you or anyone else like you had never gotten a laugh off of someone else's misfortune then I'd be kidding myself. You're kidding yourself enough for the both of us, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    If I thought you or anyone else like you had never gotten a laugh off of someone else's misfortune then I'd be kidding myself. You're kidding yourself enough for the both of us, friend.
    I think there is a difference between laughing at someones misfortune and being the cause of the misfortune.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty funny
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

I do this every lfr at least 1 person takes it lol. Best part is when they dont even know they clicked the portal! Its working as intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think there is a difference between laughing at someones misfortune and being the cause of the misfortune.
    Someone has to cause it. Just because you'd like to wash your hands of it and say 'welp, may as well laugh at misfortune since I didn't cause it!' that's your prerogative. But it makes you no better than I.

Someone has to cause it. Just because you'd like to wash your hands of it and say 'welp, may as well laugh at misfortune since I didn't cause it!' that's your prerogative. But it makes you no better than I.
    Seriously, it's been almost eight hours since you started this thread, have you not got enough attention yet? We get get it, it was really funny. Surely you have better things to do in game, than constantly posting here, like casting time warp at the beginning of a BG or dropping a train set in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Seriously, it's been almost eight hours since you started this thread, have you not got enough attention yet? We get get it, it was really funny. Surely you have better things to do in game, than constantly posting here, like casting time warp at the beginning of a BG or dropping a train set in the AH.
    My sub expired :-( So while I wait around watching youtube vids I periodically pop in from time to time and see who else is whining that I killed a poor ret paladin.

Though I have to say your complaint is at least new and original. Anyone who posts on a forum is looking to have a conversation with someone else, thats just how forums work. I don't think you can have a conversation without having someone's attention as well, so I suppose I crave attention as much as you say!

Not at all impossible. If you look in combat log you can see exactly who gave you [that] buff. If I hover over a buff in my UI I can see who gave me that buff. You could also simply cancelaura it.
    Shh! Don't tell them information like that, or that they could have paid attention to the in-game animations provided when such auras go up or using the overhead view to nullify the problem completely! Then they can't pointlessly blame other people for them 'ruining their gaming experience'.

It's malicious versus not paying attention. You assume the Paladin is stupid, but the op's actions were malicious.
    That... isn't what malicious means, at all.

This is funny if you do it with friends or people you know. Doing it to a random person and thus getting him kicked is a jerk move. There's nothing more, nothing less. And for this you are a jerk, and you are indeed what's wrong with the community.
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you don't find practical jokes like this funny and anyone who does is a jerk and a blight on the community because they simply don't agree with you? Thank god you don't play anymore; the less people who can't handle grey areas, the better.

You are cursing and telling people to pull sticks out of arse, while calling them grumpy. Think about it... This thread is awsome...
    Yes, because when someone curses, that automatically means they are at some level of angry. This assumption is totally logical and makes sense.

I've always wondered why people like the OP don't have the courage to extend their douchebaggery into real life. This is the WoW equivalent of slashing a tire on a parked car or, if we taken it a little farther, raping a woman while she's too drunk to protest.
    What.

When and why did "having fun and a good laugh in a video game" become "trolling"?
    When not needing to know what the hell you were talking about became commonplace in life and the internet.

It has already been stated in this very thread that the tool tip is the same as the normal Dalaran portal. Perhaps he wanted to repair before the boss fight, how was he supposed to know he would end up falling to his death?
    Or perhaps this paladin could have asked the raid if anyone had an engineering robot, or if anyone could set up a portal and summoning closet so that he could go and repair, or perhaps he could've transported out of the raid, repaired and then transported back into the raid thanks to how the system innately works.

I don't get this thread at all. It's perfectly okay for someone to be definitively oblivious to something despite there being multiple alternate methods existing in the game to achieve the same action, but as soon as the stars align and another player like the OP happens to take advantage of the former person's ignorance, it's the fault of the latter player and s/he should be crucified because s/he is a 'cruel, malicious and unfunny bastard'.

I am mage, I understand how dps queues work. I was in an 8 minute queue before I got in that HoF. I did one pet battle and repaired my gear and bought a gem and boom, queue popped. Long DPS queues are for LFD, not LFR.

I place it over and over just hoping to find someone dumb enough to click it. All of you white knights that keep telling me I posted to 'brag' about it, well, brag is the wrong word. Share? I suppose? Is more apt. I DID think it was funny, and at the point of first post I did have remorse for causing the vote kick.

Which, by the way, I should elaborate on. If I had time stamps, it would have looked like this.

7:00pm Pally clicks portal.
    10 seconds later, dies.
    2 minutes later, still dead, I check map to see him corpse running and laugh silently to myself.
    1 minute later we have 1 trash pack to go, but before pulling it raid leader says 'wtf is pally doing dead out there, kick him'
    5 seconds later vote kick screen pops up.
    1 second later kick has passed.

Even if I WAS going to speak up and defend him by damning myself, there was simply no time. Between when they turned on him and when he got vote kicked was simply too fast to be in my control. I felt bad, but no longer. You e-heroes sticking up for all that is un-fun have seen to that. :-)
    I don't get this post. What exactly do you want from everyone here? In your very first post you ask

Am I a bad person?
    But yeah, if you have played this trick (or had it played on you) what do you think?
    Some people say yes you're a jerk and you start crying about them being "white knights". Did you just post this to get high fives and accolades? Why ask "Am I a bad person?" if you're just going to cry if people say yes?

I never get tired of seeing this argument. I am 'part of what is wrong with this game'? I suppose it should go unnoticed when I drop a banquet which cost my own time to level cooking and mats to craft it, right? Again, its all how you look at it. If you choose to get upset over every little thing that IS funny (which is not up for debate at this point after 3 pages of people agreeing it is indeed a funny prank) then that is your cue to take a step back and maybe take a break.

The only 'part of what is wrong with this game' are players like you who refuse to see the fun in things and treat every thing they do as super serious business.
    try and justify it as much as you want you are part of the problem, and i see many replies of people agreeing you are a jerk so it is still up for debate on how horrible of a person you actually are.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 2012-11-24 at 01:41 AM.

Except you've admitted just a few posts ago that even when no one was clicking on your portals, you kept doing it over and over. Group after group until someone did it. I assume you're going to keep doing it. You don't have to get your laughter from the misfortune of others but it seems to be your preferred source. Or at the very least, you seem intent on keeping it available. This is not like a spontaneous thing that you just did once for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2012-11-24 at 01:37 AM.

Except you've admitted just a few posts ago that even when no one was clicking on your portals, you kept doing it over and over. Group after group until someone did it. I assume you're going to keep doing it. You don't have to get your laughter from the misfortune of others but it seems to be your preferred source. Or at the very least, you seem intent on keeping it available. This is not like a spontaneous thing that you just did once for the heck of it.
    I learned the ability 2 days ago...I used the portal in LFR until someone retardedly clicked on it...I haven't run LFR again but it made me and many others laugh so I may just do it again...

But you make me out to sound like a serial rapist...am I that horrible to you? Take a break from this game if I do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:52 AM ----------

Some people say yes you're a jerk and you start crying about them being "white knights". Did you just post this to get high fives and accolades? Why ask "Am I a bad person?" if you're just going to cry if people say yes?
    I'm okay with people saying I'm a jerk. But this has devolved into me being 'part of what is wrong with this community' all the way to 'serial rapist' and one person even said I deserve jail time for my shenanigans. This post turned into something really positive - a lot of you addicts may read how appalled you are and how OUTRAGEOUS it is for me to prank someone in a video game one day, and may seek help for your obvious issues with differentiating real life from WoW.

Deleted
    Aren't queues for DPS very long? You think nothing of wasting the time of strangers?
    LFR? 5 min. LFD? More.

And yes OP is getting too defensive. There's no need. Different people have different opinions about it. I can imagine someone can find it griefing, and I can imagine someone finds it hilarious. I find it sortof both, but 1st time I'd see it I'd be leaning towards latter. Come one people Blizzard put this thing in game knowingly it could be abused.