Wand + offhand character display

On my character I can't see my offhand (except on the character select screen) when I have a wand equipped. In-game it's either wand out, or wand sheathed / by my side -- and that's it.

Other folks in my guild report the same issue. However, I started a thread on it on the official forums and one person says he/she can see his/her wand and offhand at the same time, and another person implied it should be possible (their response to the thread was "press z").

What's your experience with this ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

When they first switched to wands being MH weapon I was able to see both in-game. Shortly after for no reason I could tell, I couldn't see my off-hand anymore unless I was at the character select screen. It's been kind of bugging me too...
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

One person said they could? And another said it "should be possible.... Such credible sources.

I would suggest given the huge amount of crap that is wrong with this game, this issue is a looooooong way down their list of stuff that *needs* to be fixed.

I just came across a temporary fix that lets you see both in-game ... unsheathe your wand / have it in your hand ... unequip then re-equip your wand, and you can see both out at the same time.

OH stays hidden upon sheathing it, however.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Don't trust random people saying things on forums, unless they tabbed out to test it. A lot of the time, people are fairly sure of something despite it being wrong, and will post saying so without testing it. Also keep in mind that it's very possible that no one can see offhands with wands in-game, but everyone can on the character selection screen (and possibly in the armory). It could be some weird issue with the "always show weapons drawn" thing that the latter two use.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    I would suggest given the huge amount of crap that is wrong with this game, this issue is a looooooong way down their list of stuff that *needs* to be fixed.
    It also seems like one of those issues where no matter how it works, people will complain. If you can't see the offhand, people complain that they can't see their own equipment. If you can see the offhand, people will complain that the offhand wasn't previously visible if you had your wand out.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.