Deleted

why are they still bots?

activision will kill wow , paying accounts is there focus . thats why this is still happening . i bet my bottom pound that this is soul destroying the devs while this is happening.

coments plz

Bots don't affect me or the game I play. They may affect you or others but bots are meaningless to me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Configer View Post
    activision will kill wow , paying accounts is there focus . thats why this is still happening . i bet my bottom pound that this is soul destroying the devs while this is happening.

coments plz
    There have always been bots. Always. Likely there always will be bots. Right now there are more bots than usual. A recent blue post points out that sometimes Blizzard suspects that someone is botting but cannot prove it because the technology to do so isn't there yet on their end. Could they ban people without proof? Sure .. but when they start wrongfully banning a bunch of people then there is a giant bitchfest, and in that case rightfully so.

From a programming perspective most likely the smartest bot users just can't be detected by Blizzard's current methods of detection and Blizzard is working on it. As far as why there are bots at all? Warden doesn't do much, but there are people who flipped their shit when they found out about Warden. In order for it to be a truly effective anti-botting system it would have to do a lot more than it does, and that would piss off a lot of people who would think that Blizzard was spying on them. (See earlier this year / last year's update to Google's privacy policy that basically just allowed them to share data they already had with themselves across the sites on their network, and people flipped out because they didn't understand that and thought Google wanted MORE from them.)

I see a lot of people on the forum claiming that bots never get banned, but I know a guy who just very recently got banned for botting. So Blizzard is monitoring and likely working on new ways to catch the latest botting software.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bots take time to deal with because Blizzard needs to know what programs there are. That's where reporting bots comes in at.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Most botter-accounts are being paid with stolen creditcard and so Blizzard/Activision mever receives a single penny for that account.

You are right, that it's not all "Blizzard ignore's bots for moneyz" but this bit I don't believe.

How many people are stolen accounts against how many people running HonorBuddy or the like, just because they are on their 345764 alt (Seems the most common excuse)

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    You are right, that it's not all "Blizzard ignore's bots for moneyz" but this bit I don't believe.

How many people are stolen accounts against how many people running HonorBuddy or the like, just because they are on their 345764 alt (Seems the most common excuse)
    I, also, think it is unlikely that stolen accounts are any where near the number of legitimate accounts that run pvp bots, etc. From what I have read the amount of money professional gold farmers are able to make on a regular basis means that the cost of a monthly subscription is trivial and most certainly not worth the risk of imprisonment.