1. #1
    The Patient Tyranader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    271

    Brewmaster Reforging

    Okay so I just hit 90 and I have been playing about with reforging on my monk to get the best stats. Now... I am freaking confused.

    I used Reforge Lite and input the Stat weight thingys into that addon and use that and it reforged my gear.

    Now here is where the problem is...

    Ask Mr Robot freaking told me to do something COMPLETELY different and now I am confused as hell.

    If I do reforging myself I follow the stat Priority BUT I always end up with a sub optimal way of doing it like if I wanted 10% crit and 24 mastery (THESE ARE EXAMPLES) I would either end up with 9% crit and 25 mastery or 11% crit and 23 mastery and I never get it right.

    So I guess I am asking. What in the hell is the best tool to use for reforging my gear?

    EDIT: Also with Ask Mr Robot. I reforged to what it said. Updated my character from the armory once I logged out and it told me to change 3 items after I reforged to what it changed to in the first place...
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2012-11-24 at 05:19 AM.

  2. #2
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    324
    My advice would be to set the default template in Reforgelite to Brewmaster. Change expertise to softcap. Delete the entries for parry, dodge, and mastery. Then press calculate. This will give you the priority of hit (7.5%) > expertise(7.5%) > haste > crit. Also note that once you press calculate, a score will be displayed. You don't have to use the first reforge scheme it spits out. I'll usually hit reset, then calculate again a few times to get the highest possible score available. As far as gems go, shoot for 320 haste in yellow, 160 exp/160 haste in red and 160 haste/160 hit in blue. This should get you started until you can do more in depth research into the finer aspects of gearing your Brewmaster.

  3. #3
    The Patient Tyranader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    My advice would be to set the default template in Reforgelite to Brewmaster. Change expertise to softcap. Delete the entries for parry, dodge, and mastery. Then press calculate. This will give you the priority of hit (7.5%) > expertise(7.5%) > haste > crit. Also note that once you press calculate, a score will be displayed. You don't have to use the first reforge scheme it spits out. I'll usually hit reset, then calculate again a few times to get the highest possible score available. As far as gems go, shoot for 320 haste in yellow, 160 exp/160 haste in red and 160 haste/160 hit in blue. This should get you started until you can do more in depth research into the finer aspects of gearing your Brewmaster.
    OK I will go with this unless anyone has anything they can prove is better?

  4. #4
    If you click Calculate for an hour, you will get better results, sometimes, than if you just do it once or twice or even for a few minutes.


    How I THINK (guessing) it works is that it's running through every single hypothetical reforging combo... in a somewhat systematic fashion, the longer you click, the more likely you've landed on the most optimal reforging.


    Pretty much everyone I know says AMR is rubbish at this point.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    If you click Calculate for an hour, you will get better results, sometimes, than if you just do it once or twice or even for a few minutes.


    How I THINK (guessing) it works is that it's running through every single hypothetical reforging combo... in a somewhat systematic fashion, the longer you click, the more likely you've landed on the most optimal reforging.


    Pretty much everyone I know says AMR is rubbish at this point.
    AMR actually gave me a better reforge result than ReforgeLite. The only reforge combination that ReforgeLite could give me gave me less points than what I had (in the ReforgeLite point system).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

  6. #6
    How much time are you spending telling it to recalculate? I liked RFL better when it just had a slider for how much time you wanted it to spend calculating, but it DID occasionally cause crashes/freezing so I can't blame them for changing it.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    563
    At the end of the day hit, exp, haste, and crit are all so close together in terms of effectiveness that saying one is out and out better is largely a game of semantics, and more depends on your current gear and desired level of comfort than anything else. Your playstyle will differ slightly if you go for the caps, but you don't really need them.

    You could just as well say the only two rules are:

    1) stay at or under the caps
    2) reforge out of mastery

    Everything else is up to personal preference.

  8. #8
    Hey Fractalize, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. If you can give me your character name and realm, I'll take a look at what's going on. Do you have custom stat weights you're using? That will help me customize the optimizations for you.

    Also, regarding the problem you had where you went in game, did what Mr. Robot told you, then got different results - that shouldn't happen. Did you get a new piece of gear? Or did you not change one of the gem or enchant suggestions? If you don't want to change something, you can lock it in, then Mr. Robot will optimize around it - that will keep him from changing things as well.
    Optimize your gear on AskMrRobot.com
    From Mr. Robot: Find the best gear in your bags, help & faq, and Preview our combat log tool.
    Mr. Robot is also on Twitter

  9. #9
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post

    Also, regarding the problem you had where you went in game, did what Mr. Robot told you, then got different results - that shouldn't happen. Did you get a new piece of gear? Or did you not change one of the gem or enchant suggestions? If you don't want to change something, you can lock it in, then Mr. Robot will optimize around it - that will keep him from changing things as well.
    Zooper, while I think AMR has its uses, I've had the same thing happen to me, prior to MoP. I would "optimize" my toon, make changes in game, reload my toon on AMR with the new changes, and would get a different set of suggestions.

    I really hope the AMR team gets everything sorted out soon.

    Just a heads up, by default, AMR has Brewmasters using the stam/armor meta. No Brewmaster I know, uses anything besides the agi/crit bonus meta.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    I've had pretty good success with AMR but it seems to fluctuate with gear levels a lot if I have to tweak the default stat weights. Right now it's got me at 7.56% hit/expertise (using the force soft cap option) so only issue is the wrong meta as mentioned but don't need a website to pick that out for me.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •