Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Disdainful, yet unsurprising revelations of Mutaween initiatives like this coming out of Saudi make me glad that we got rid of the Ba'athists, and the Hussein family leading them, in Iraq, as it might mean, in 10 years time or so, when Iraq has become more stable and they have had time to build up their infrastructure, we should be able to give the Saud royal family the finger and make democratic, secular Iraq our go-to country in the Middle-East.

Well that is just fucked up.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Haters gonna hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    @Collegeguy How you can compare Saudi with Norway is beyond me.

First of all, instead of wasting the money, Norway invests/saves it. Second, Norway has more "feet" to stand on, sea-fisheries and competative engineer companies on oil/off shore technology in particular.

That said, Norway spends too much, especially on welfare/humanitarian stuff atm., with a recession some of that will have to go.
    Pretending Saudi Arabia is the only economy at risk from oil is delusional.

This doesnt surprise me in the slightest

You have to remember in saudi arabia homosexuality and adultery carry the death penalty which can be anything from beheading to crucifixion!

If god does exist i thank him every day i was not born in that fucking backward country!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    But until that happens the US will support everything the Saudi Royal family does.
    Yes because EUROPE certainly doesn't buy oil from those bigots in the Middle East...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    exodus of poverty? how could losing oil make people less poor? if anything it would ruin both saudi arabi and norway, not decrease poverty
    Nobody is poor when everyone is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Yes because EUROPE certainly doesn't buy oil from those bigots in the Middle East...
    I dont give a flying fuck about what EUROPE does - im a Dane.
    My country produces more than we consume.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    So is Norway. The mass exodus of poverty is coming to others.
    Pretty sure most of the world is fucked once the oil runs out. Not just countries that happen to have oil sources at their disposal. And in contrast to Saudi-Arabia, Norway will still have their Pension Fund and a reliable and clean alternative energy source that can sustain their electricity needs.

On topic...

I wonder when they will start inplanting microchips in people to keep track of them with GPS. You know, like some rich parents do to their children...
    Last edited by Shâréz; 2012-11-23 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Can we go to the future and find some way of making electrolysis to get hydrogen efficient yet so we don't need to deal with this oil bullshit?
    while fusion is a ways away, the US can be oil independent in 7-8 years. middle east oil will still affect the price but not as much as before.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

I dont give a flying fuck about what EUROPE does - im a Dane.
    My country produces more than we consume.
    Uh huh. Obviously you guys don't deal with any foreign nations that have questionable practices then. Quit pretending to be high and mighty.

Well it's not as terrible as I thought it would be when I read the title. And that's a terrible realisation =/

Still, notification for border control is not exactly two steps back from their king's promise of female suffrage, so I guess I should be relieved it's not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well it's not as terrible as I thought it would be when I read the title. And that's a terrible realisation =/

Still, notification for border control is not exactly two steps back from their king's promise of female suffrage, so I guess I should be relieved it's not worse.
    Saudi Arabia is the only country in the entire world where women can't drive. Women can even drive in Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the entire world where women can't drive. Women can even drive in Afghanistan.
    I know, that's why you had me convinced that the Saudi government is implanting electronic trackers into the base of all their women's skulls with your title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, that's why you had me convinced that the Saudi government is implanting electronic trackers into the base of all their women's skulls with your title.
    I thought that too but was wondering how they had the technology to make that work.

If they start throw rocks at someone as an execution method they probably don't know how gps works.

Uh huh. Obviously you guys don't deal with any foreign nations that have questionable practices then. Quit pretending to be high and mighty.
    Well, we do deal with the US so...

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I thought that too but was wondering how they had the technology to make that work.

If they start throw rocks at someone as an execution method they probably don't know how gps works.
    I don't know about that, throwing rocks has got to be astronomically cheaper than our lethal injections...

Well that's how the article was presented to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saudi Arabia has a legal system based on sharia Islamic law. Unfortunately, nothing they do could surprise me. It should be no surprise that 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Well, we do deal with the US so...
    Har har. I'm fully aware Danish companies have the same problem with outsourcing as the US does.