Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    Just imagine what he went through in prison. Wouldn't take long for other inmates to find out he's in there for rape. btw op, he went to prison, not jail. two completely different animals.
    What's the difference? O_o Enlighten the non native. I googled it, and I understand that one is run by the state, the other by town sheriffs, but I believed those words are generally used as synonyms regardless?

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    Just imagine what he went through in prison. Wouldn't take long for other inmates to find out he's in there for rape. btw op, he went to prison, not jail. two completely different animals.
    Not just rape, rape of his daughter. She needs to be imprisoned, bullshit like this should not be tolerated in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Now you're subjectively adding circumstances to change the conditions of what you just said.
    I was clarifying that I don't think a innocent verdict should send her to prison, but a counter investigation that she committed perjury should give her the same sentence that he would have faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No one said it couldn't be done. It was just stated that it was a separate process altogether with its own bureaucratic nightmare.

And it is not the same in every state either

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    How about if there's clear evidence to suggest she's lied about the rape - then yeah, she should have the book thrown at her?
    At the very least she should be cited for filing a false report.
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Not just rape, rape of his daughter. She needs to be imprisoned, bullshit like this should not be tolerated in the least.
    Justice dictates that she be subject to the laws of the land, the same law that everyone else in the US is subject to. The law does not support her imprisonment over this offense.

And how do you automatically identify perjury exactly?
    Apparently you wait until a silly time limit runs its course and then say "ohh yea, tee hee, I didn't mean it" because it no longer matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Apparently you wait until a silly time limit runs its course and then say "ohh yea, tee hee, I didn't mean it" because it no longer matters.
    I'd appreciate it if you gave a rational response to my question.

I assume that perjury works the same way in the UK as it does in the US? At least enough to be similar in function?

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 03:13 AM ----------

And how do you automatically identify perjury exactly?
    Perhaps you should consult Websters, or Black's Law Dictionary if you are fuzzy on the definition of the word, and after you've learned the definition, perhaps you'll know how to identify it.

Justice dictates that she be subject to the laws of the land, the same law that everyone else in the US is subject to. The law does not support her imprisonment over this offense.
    The laws are severely flawed and should be revised for many situations outside of this one.

First off, there needs to be no statute of limitations for perjury.

The laws are severely flawed and should be revised for many situations outside of this one.
    That may be. But even if they are flawed, they are still legitimate. If wishes were fishes..

What exactly is your reasoning for this? The main reasons for the statute of limitations' existence still apply to perjury.

Oh god no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

I'd appreciate it if you gave a rational response to my question.
    Question the person to see how often their story changes. Do a thorough investigation. A quick check of her genitalia would have solved this entire thing. Maybe it's harsh to do such an invasive inspection, but when something is as serious as this then it should be done despite the supposed fragility of one's current state.
    Last edited by Coombs; 2012-11-24 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    What's the difference? O_o Enlighten the non native. I googled it, and I understand that one is run by the state, the other by town sheriffs, but I believed those words are generally used as synonyms regardless?
    county jails tend to have 1-2 people to a cell with very limited interaction between inmates, where as general population in a state prison means he is easier accessable. Also, even in prison folks detest rapists and child molesters/rapists and they are often raped or beaten on a regular basis, unless of course they are in protective custody, which all by itself raises questions about 'why is so and so in protective custody, what did they do' And guards aren't always the most closed lipped about the offenses of inmates, so it doesn't take long for someone to find out what someone else is in for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Jail is more short term, usually for people who haven't been convicted yet or for people serving out a small bid, like less then a year. Prison is primarily for people convicted of more serious crimes. People who will serve a longer sentence. Some people who won't get out in a long time, some with no possibility for parole.

If she testified, then at least perjury.

Question the person to see how often their story changes. Do a thorough investigation. A quick check of her genitalia would have solved this entire thing. Maybe it's harsh to do such invasive inspection, but when something is as serious as this then it should be done despite the supposed fragility of one's current state.
    And if someone actually had been raped, and your actions do nothing but further damage the victim, what then? Its one of the reasons why rape cases are so tricky from a legal standpoint. And even going beyond that, what if her emotional state was such that she misses minor details due to the traumatic nature of the event? A skilled and aggressive lawyer can easily trip up the story of an emotionally compromised individual, even if the story is true, by hitting the trivialities.

Also, while I don't exactly like discussing the matter, its possible to rape someone without damaging her genitalia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh god no.
    Why not? If they can prove you knowingly lied on the stand, they should be able to charge the shit out of you imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    county jails tend to have 1-2 people to a cell with very limited interaction between inmates, where as general population in a state prison means he is easier accessable. Also, even in prison folks detest rapists and child molesters/rapists and they are often raped or beaten on a regular basis, unless of course they are in protective custody, which all by itself raises questions about 'why is so and so in protective custody, what did they do' And guards aren't always the most closed lipped about the offenses of inmates, so it doesn't take long for someone to find out what someone else is in for.
    ^ what he said. if you're a skinner, people will know it, you may as well ask for a transfer to pc where you'll be seperated from the population.