Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If an 11 y/o murders someone are they not punished? 9 years in prison is 6 years short of a "life" sentence in the US... She literally took a decade off a mans life and changed the way he will live til he dies(if he ever enjoys life the same again). Sorry rope it anyway you choose she deserves some form of punishment.

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know why we have a statute of limitations right?
    And yet, for many crimes we don't have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    If an 11 y/o murders someone are they not punished? 9 years in prison is 6 years short of a "life" sentence in the US... She literally took a decade off a mans life and changed the way he will live til he dies(if he ever enjoys life the same again). Sorry rope it anyway you choose she deserves some form of punishment.
    There is no statute of limitation for murder in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I thought it was only murder.... at least in the US. But I could very well be wrong there

You know if you can't even tell him what law you're accusing her of breaking...
    I'll say this, I hope that you, and those that support your position, NEVER ever have to face 1/2 of the trauma, drama, and abuse that this man went thru. and I hope that you are never falsely incarcerated on child rape charges.

Actually pretty much the only one we don't have one for is murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So if a man rapes a woman, and she attempts to charge him with rape, but there isn't enough evidence and the case falls through.. on top of being raped and losing the case, she gets charged for perjury?
    No. Proving perjury involves proving the party in question was willfully distorting the truth. Wanetta Gibson is guilty of perjury but remains uncharged.

Actually pretty much the only one we don't have one for is murder.
    And yet a perjury charge in this case would have been really fucking easy to prove, due to the court transcripts. Statute of limitations is meant to protect the rights of the defendant from degraded evidence. Kinda hard to be degraded when it's certified transcripts kept by the state.
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No. Proving perjury involves proving the party in question was willfully distorting the truth. Wanetta Gibson is guilty of perjury but remains uncharged.
    Laize, go back through the conversation and see the situation I was responding to before you comment on it..

And yet a perjury charge in this case would have been really fucking easy to prove, due to the court transcripts. Statute of limitations is meant to protect the rights of the defendant from degraded evidence. Kinda hard to be degraded when it's certified transcripts kept by the state.
    Doesn't matter. Its a statute of limitations.

And yet a perjury charge in this case would have been far easier to prove, due to the court transcripts. Statute of limitations is meant to protect the rights of the defendant from degraded evidence. Kinda hard to be degraded when it's certified transcripts kept by the state.
    But that is for "this case." That is subjective application of the law, implementing it on a case by case basis as opposed to every situation within the country.

There is no statute of limitation for murder in the United States.

I thought it was only murder.... at least in the US. But I could very well be wrong there
    Who ever said there was a statute of of limitations? I dont believe i did.

But that is for "this case." That is subjective application of the law, implementing it on a case by case basis as opposed to every situation within the country.
    Pretty much any case for perjury would rely on court transcripts. If they aren't there, kinda hard to prosecute.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:15 PM ----------

Doesn't matter. Its a statute of limitations.
    Which should not be in place for perjury, like I said earlier.

Who ever said there was a statute of of limitations? I dont believe i did.
    Alright. I'll raise to you the question I gave the other gentlemen in this thread. What specific law did she break in this incident? "She made him go to jail" is not a specific law.

Which should not be in place for perjury, like I said earlier.
    The reasons we have these laws apply to perjury the same as any other.

Pretty much any case for perjury would rely on court transcripts. If they aren't there, kinda hard to prosecute.
    Not really... what if someone said X, and 10 years later he said something similar to X but not the same while not in a court setting, and the other party wanted to bring him back and say it was perjury?

Alright. I'll raise to you the question I gave the other gentlemen in this thread. What specific law did she break in this incident? "She made him go to jail" is not a specific law.
    falsifying a police report at the least. and if that was found true obstruction of justice could also be applied.

The reasons we have these laws apply to perjury the same as any other.
    Which I already addressed.

falsifying a police report at the least.
    Last I checked, a minor cannot deliver an official police report without a parent or guardian, and the statute for limitations on police report falsification is 1 year.

Justice dictates that she be subject to the laws of the land, the same law that everyone else in the US is subject to. The law does not support her imprisonment over this offense.
    So a false accusation that puts a guy away for rape means all the accuser has to do is wait 3 years (statute of limitations for perjury) and then come forward to have no negative repercussions?

That says 2 things to me.

1) When all a case amounts to is he said, she said it should simply be thrown out.

2) The statute of limitations on perjury should be either extended or changed to account for wrongful imprisonment.

Last I checked, a minor cannot deliver an official police report without a parent or guardian, and the statute for limitations on police report falsification is 1 year.
    Where did you ever read that. That would mean a minor couldnt say they were raped w/o a parents input.