Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No one said it couldn't be done. It was just stated that it was a separate process altogether with its own bureaucratic nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No one said it couldn't be done. It was just stated that it was a separate process altogether with its own bureaucratic nightmare.
    On that very same page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Except he will be a pedophile for the rest of his life. The sex offender registry doesn't care about petty details like if you're innocent. Once you're on the list you're there permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So I take it you couldn't find where I said she should get a free pass and chose to instead address posts from like 10 pages ago instead.
    Look... I answer the damn posts as I find them... I JUST answered yours... in fact.. you've intentionally made reference after reference against punishing her... so in fucking fact, you ARE fucking giving her a fucking free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Look... I answer the damn posts as I find them... I JUST answered yours... in fact.. you've intentionally made reference after reference against punishing her... so in fucking fact, you ARE fucking giving her a fucking free pass.
    Have a nice day.

she just ruined his life for 9 years on a lie, I say ruin her life for 9 years!

that and make sure he's off the sex offender registry.

If you were actually raped, this shouldn't discourage anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Have a nice day.
    It will be a nice day when the CRIMINALS are punished, the innocent have their maligned lives and reputations repaired, and the holier than though that support the criminals are silenced.

It will be a nice day when the CRIMINALS are punished, the innocent have their maligned lives and reputations repaired, and the holier than though that support the criminals are silenced.
    Wait I'm the holier than though and you post stuff like this?

I do get the point of why not to punish her. If she gets punished literally no woman will come forward to admit they lied and innocent men could spend more time in jail. I think women that get caught lying about it should be punished, and quite severely, but if you come forward and get an innocent man released from prison I can understand why you dont get punished. I do believe whoever sentenced him should be either fired for extreme incompetence and then the state pay reperations for the prison time as well as getting his name of the list instantly without him having to piss around with a stupid system.

Wait I'm the holier than though and you post stuff like this?
    Now that I have your attention, do you support punishment for the perjury that cost her father 9 years of his life? its a simple question with a simple yes or no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    But said lawsuits are far less focused on than decisions of the court, and are based far more on circumstances. In this situation, she would probably never be charged in a lawsuit because she was 11 when it happened. And given this specific incident, your stance is even more flimsy, since you support convicting someone who was barely into her teens at the time that the perjury occurred. If anything, a large part of the blame lays on the legal system, for delivering a charge without proper evidence.

A lesser sentence maintains the present problem, which is the fear of being charged overriding the guilt. The reason they grant immunity is that the courts recognize that at times it is better to ignore certain crimes in order to aid the greater good.

Now please, stop dodging the question, because I've asked it repeatedly: why do the other men who were falsely accused not matter to you, when compared to vengeance? You have spent this entire time only arguing one side of the story, and subjectively ignoring the other.
    Ok let's think about this. Someone is wrongly convicted of arson/assault/some other crime. 10 years down the line, the real criminal comes forward and the wrongly convicted is released.

Should we avoid punishment of the real criminal because they came forward?

Yes, current innocent prisoners are important to me. What's more important is making it abundantly clear that we don't tolerate perjury so it doesn't happen in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that girl deserves the title of daughter, to be honest, and that's the only real punishment necessary.

I would, however, prefer that the wrongly accused was given the means to rebuild their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I do get the point of why not to punish her. If she gets punished literally no woman
    Because she WASNT A WOMAN.

If she had killed her father with a hand grenade at the age of 11 would you be blaming her, or would you want to know why the !#$# someone trusted an 11 year old with a hand grenade ?

If she had been her current age when she lied, I'd be all for punishing her, but the legal system that convicted her father knew full well how unreliable her testimony was at the time, but threw her father away anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Because she WASNT A WOMAN.

If she had killed her father with a hand grenade at the age of 11 would you be blaming her, or would you want to know why the !#$# someone trusted an 11 year old with a hand grenade ?

If she had been her current age when she lied, I'd be all for punishing her, but the legal system that convicted her father knew full well how unreliable her testimony was at the time, but threw her father away anyways.
    Yeah, the bulk of the blame, I think, lies with the people that took her word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yeah, the bulk of the blame, I think, lies with the people that took her word for it.
    Thats why the DA that put him in jail needs to be disbarred and charged.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 05:36 PM ----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

Sometimes false allegations of rape affect more than the accused, and thats why its incumbent on the prosecutors to get it right.

Now that I have your attention, do you support punishment for the perjury that cost her father 9 years of his life? its a simple question with a simple yes or no answer.
    No because the statute of limitations on perjury has passed on this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why the DA that put him in jail needs to be disbarred and charged.

[/COLOR]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

Sometimes false allegations of rape affect more than the accused, and thats why its incumbent on the prosecutors to get it right.
    Jailing attorneys? I hope you were joking with that, because even the concept of that is absolutely ridiculous. Attorneys should absolutely not be jailed for fulfilling their contracts, either with the defendant or the prosecutor.

Yes, current innocent prisoners are important to me. What's more important is making it abundantly clear that we don't tolerate perjury so it doesn't happen in the future.
    Than our views are incompatible, due to my own belief that the vindication of other innocent men is more important than punishing perjury in this specific type of incident. I could continue this, but its probably best we go our separate ways in the topic.

No because the statute of limitations on perjury has passed on this case.
    You don't think perjury that results in someone losing their freedom should have its statute of limitations dated from when the perjury stopped affecting an innocent party (AKA: When the dad was released).

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think perjury that results in someone losing their freedom should have its statute of limitations dated from when the perjury stopped affecting an innocent party (AKA: When the dad was released).
    Alright one last response... wouldn't that kind of change the entire concept of the statute of limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Jailing attorneys? I hope you were joking with that, because even the concept of that is absolutely ridiculous. Attorneys should absolutely not be jailed for fulfilling their contracts, either with the defendant or the prosecutor.

Than our views are incompatible, due to my own belief that the vindication of other innocent men is more important than punishing perjury in this specific type of incident. I could continue this, but its probably best we go our separate ways in the topic.
    What about preventing further perjury? Isn't that the entire goal of the penal system?

No, I think the statute of limitations on perjury should start when you actually commit the crime of perjury. And your threshold for when the statute of limitations should start is so vague it would literally never start.