Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disorderly conduct

I got a citation for DO. What should I do ? My friend and I were running down the street and this guy called my friend the N word, he is black. I asked the guy to apologize so he threw a punch and I put him down.

The cop hasn't filed the citation and this happened Wednesday

Edit: the cop also said he would of done the same

What is this i dont even?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to off-topic!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Guessing you're from the US... If so that's retarded.

So you're allowed to shoot someone in self-defense, but you're not allowed to defend your friend by hustling someone to the ground?

I guess not I'm not really sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Guessing you're from the US... If so that's retarded.

So you're allowed to shoot someone in self-defense, but you're not allowed to defend your friend by hustling someone to the ground?
    I believe your rights in cases of self-defense depends on the state where you are from, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phryke View Post
    I guess not I'm not really sure what to do.
    Maybe go read up on the laws where you live about disorderly conduct.

I don't know what exactly we're supposed to tell you.

I live in Maryland but I'm not sure if the cop didn't file it or not since its not in the system, I was gonna call him and ask to drop it because I'm trying to join the marines, but when I called the station they said they have no file of a citation

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:58 PM ----------

Oh yeah and this guy was a student at the naval academy

Sounds like the cop didn't file the citation, if so you're fine.

Here is a random thought. Next time something like this happens...grow a thicker skin and don't resort to throwing punches.

TL;DR Don't be a brute, and walk away.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Here is a random thought. Next time something like this happens...grow a thicker skin and don't resort to throwing punches.

TL;DR Don't be a brute, and walk away.
    Christ did you even read the OP? What, a guy throws a punch at you and you're supposed to run away? If the OP is to be believed, he only did a take down, not some kind of MMA knockout punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Christ did you even read the OP? What, a guy throws a punch at you and you're supposed to run away? If the OP is to be believed, he only did a take down, not some kind of MMA knockout punch.
    lol reading fail. I saw that his friend was called a nigger and thought it said he punched him for it. Missed the asked for apology part.

My mistake.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    lol reading fail. I saw that his friend was called a nigger and thought it said he punched him for it. Missed the asked for apology part.

My mistake.
    Your right anyways I mean its a horrible situation but I did let the word get power over me and that made me feel weak now. I have to react different in the marines this is a good learning experience

Don't worry, the marines will fix or break any attitude problems you have If the cop didn't bring you into the station and book you or hand you a summons to court you're fine man, don't worry about it. They don't come at you with random stuff weeks after the fact.

I live in Maryland but I'm not sure if the cop didn't file it or not since its not in the system, I was gonna call him and ask to drop it because I'm trying to join the marines, but when I called the station they said they have no file of a citation

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:58 PM ----------

Oh yeah and this guy was a student at the naval academy
    Sounds like you're fine, I had a similar situation and I showed up at the courthouse on my appointed date but they had already thrown out the case without even notifying me. If they have nothing on record you probably have nothing to worry about.

Your right anyways I mean its a horrible situation but I did let the word get power over me and that made me feel weak now. I have to react different in the marines this is a good learning experience
    Yeah? What Mos?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah? What Mos?
    Infantry, it's what I wanted. I only got a 67 on the test

Deleted
    I don't live in America but I can say: Good for sticking up for a friend.
    At least now he knows you are the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I bet this is a case of two sides to every story. Yeah, the racist guy threw a punch but what did the Op do to garner that punch? Did he get in the guys face badgering him to apologize? Or threaten the guy if he didn't apologize or shove him or something?