Deleted

Does do SB:CoE work on Garalon (and other bosses)?

Hello.

As question said, I am curious.

Do SB-CoE on Garalon, affect the legs?

On Feng (HC), Windlord, etc it should work too. I normally play Demo here tho.

If you pick MF, would it work on Will of Emp, assuming all the mobs are within range?

Also curious about Elegon, does it affect mobs in the transition? (While he is immune). I am using MF on this boss anyway.

Haven't tryed Tsulong yet, but casting in night phase won't help on adds in day phase, right?

Any other bosses it would be great casting on, would be appreciated.

I can help with a couple of these. Yes it works on Garalon if you center it on the body it will hit the legs. New legs do not spawn with it so it's only useful on the pull. SB:CoE does not work with MF since it is not an aoe spell. In terms of Elegon you can hit both the orbs and the sparks. Sparks you would want to center it on a spark as you stack them for aoe. Yes it would work on Feng and Windlord. Basically any fight where things get within 15yds of each other you can use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I can help with a couple of these. Yes it works on Garalon if you center it on the body it will hit the legs. New legs do not spawn with it so it's only useful on the pull. SB:CoE does not work with MF since it is not an aoe spell. In terms of Elegon you can hit both the orbs and the sparks. Sparks you would want to center it on a spark as you stack them for aoe. Yes it would work on Feng and Windlord. Basically any fight where things get within 15yds of each other you can use it.
    Thanks for the answer, also to my other post.

Why would it not work on newly spawned legs? I assumed its a Aura, which means on Garalon, so I assumed it would apply to new legs aswell?

It is not an aura it is a one time check. There was an old affliction talent that worked like that where anything that got close enought to your CoE target got it as well. When you SB:CoE it doesn't put a special version of CoE on the target. It just puts the normal CoE up and then checks for any targets within 15yrds and puts a regular CoE on those as well. On Garalon the new legs are new mobs and were not there when you originally cast SB:CoE so they do not get it.

Considering when you SB:CoE it was changed to 34yd (with MF) range and not 12yd it should hit basically anything you need to have CoE on...

Dogs, Feng, Elegon (though kinda meh not needed), WotE (again kinda moot since rages either don't die [heroic] or die in 2 seconds), Garalon, Wind Lord, Amber Shaper, Empress all viable to use it on but mostly situational.
    Last edited by Woz; 2012-11-23 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forgot i was talented into MF, why it was showing 34 not 12 yd oops!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    It is not an aura it is a one time check.
    Nope. It's an aura and will always effect new targets in its range. Also currently it IS effected by MF, however in 5.1 it has been nerfed. All of this is fairly easy to test in game, and I re-tested it before coming to post.

Edit: I'm dumb and don't read. SB: CoE is a one time thing, Aura of the Elements from Demo is not. If you are wanting an easy to use AoE elements Demo is the way to go.