Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Urmydinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Er-Moh
    Posts
    175

    How Did Dath'Remar Sunstrider Die?

    Dath'Remar Sunstrider was the first in the bloodline of High Elf (now Blood Elf) rulers that supposedly ended with the death of Kael'thas Sunstrider. I was looking over the WoWpedia page for him today and noticed that it actually said nothing about his death. With as long as the Blood Elves/High Elves live it is a surprise that Dath'Remar is no longer living unless something dramatic happened to him. (Malfurion and Tyrande are still alive and they were in the War of the Ancients back in the day along with Dath'Remar.) Just wondering if this is anywhere in the lore or if I might have missed something.

    I'd be disappointed if it is no where to be found in the lore because this is quite a big figure in the case of the Blood Elves.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dath%27Remar



    Off Topic: Who knew that the Unicorn was a High Elven symbol and a racial mount? http://www.wowpedia.org/Unicorn
    Last edited by Urmydinner; 2012-11-23 at 04:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal SynthesisSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    87
    Well, Malfurion and Tyrande got immortality along with the rest of the night elves when War of the Ancients ended. Dath'remar and all his followers left when magic was banned, and I don't know how, but they lost their immortality (or never got it in the first place).
    That said, I do think that Dath'remar is dead. He lived over 10.000 years, and that's a pretty long time for a high elf. So far, the oldest high/blood elf I've heard about was Anastarian Sunstrider who lived from before the Troll Wars (2800 years ago) to the third war, where Quel'Thalas got razed.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Elves4everr View Post
    Well, Malfurion and Tyrande got immortality along with the rest of the night elves when War of the Ancients ended. Dath'remar and all his followers left when magic was banned, and I don't know how, but they lost their immortality (or never got it in the first place).
    That said, I do think that Dath'remar is dead. He lived over 10.000 years, and that's a pretty long time for a high elf. So far, the oldest high/blood elf I've heard about was Anastarian Sunstrider who lived from before the Troll Wars (2800 years ago) to the third war, where Quel'Thalas got razed.
    NOTE.
    Dath'remar is the founder and Head(was rather since he died) of the Sunstrider Family BEFORE Anastarian Sunstrider.

    OT.
    We don't know much about Dath'remar other than what stands on wowpedia etc sadly enough, we know he was a Magi and he was a noble

  4. #4
    He probaly died of ageing, since they arcane user who got banned never got imortality from the world tree.
    but my guess, i posioned arrorw to the knee
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    Old age, yeah.
    The most boring of deaths in a fantasy universe!
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  6. #6
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Old age, yeah.
    The most boring of deaths in a fantasy universe!
    Anasterian wasn't far off either, even without his fatal case of sword-through-chest.

    But yeah, it's a shame there's not more info on Dath'Remar after his founding of QT. Anasterian ruled during the most prolific eras (Troll Wars, Second War, Third War) of its history.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Urmydinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Er-Moh
    Posts
    175
    I suppose it is safe to say that it was aging. According to WoWPedia Blood Elves can only live a couple of thousand years and obviously the sundering and the founding of Quel'Thalas happened roughly 10,000 years ago. I had forgotten about the night elves and their immortality for a short time as well.


    http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elf#Aging

  8. #8
    He fell into a plot hole.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Urmydinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Er-Moh
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    He fell into a plot hole.

    Good one!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    Dath'Remar Sunstrider was the first in the bloodline of High Elf (now Blood Elf) rulers that supposedly ended with the death of Kael'thas Sunstrider. I was looking over the WoWpedia page for him today and noticed that it actually said nothing about his death. With as long as the Blood Elves/High Elves live it is a surprise that Dath'Remar is no longer living unless something dramatic happened to him. (Malfurion and Tyrande are still alive and they were in the War of the Ancients back in the day along with Dath'Remar.) Just wondering if this is anywhere in the lore or if I might have missed something.

    I'd be disappointed if it is no where to be found in the lore because this is quite a big figure in the case of the Blood Elves.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dath%27Remar



    Off Topic: Who knew that the Unicorn was a High Elven symbol and a racial mount? http://www.wowpedia.org/Unicorn

    To begin, we must not to confuse the true High Elves with these demonic elves called Blood Elves. Both Dath'Remar and Anasterian were High Elves, and they would never have agreed to be part of that collective madness triggered by Kael'thas. Moreover, Kael'thas sullied his own lineage and that of his entire race, dishonoring the Sunstrider dynasty forever.

    If Anasterian or Dath'Remar were living today, you must be rest assured they would disown all Blood Elves, in fact, they would commit suicide by seeing what has become the vast majority of their congeners: addicted to magic, effeminate, irreversibly contaminated with fel energy, allies of demons, promiscuous, treacherous of their allies, despisers of their origins, etc...

    And as for the symbol of the unicorn, not all have forgotten it (see my avatar). The Silver Unicorn has been the symbol of the High Elves since they arrived to Quel'Thalas, where they found these mystical and sensitive creatures and taken them as mounts by having great affinity with magic. Since then, the flag of the rampant silver unicorn has waved on ships, battlefields and buildings throughout Silvermoon and other Quel'dorei settlements for thousands of years ... until today.

    Only genuine High Elves, loyal to their customs, still proudly hold the silver unicorn emblem, ie only the High Elves who remain in the Alliance are the last defenders of the standard of the silver unicorn, and when Alleria Windrunner do comeback, she'll know which is her true banner and then she will lead all Quel'dorei under her command and return them to their former glory in friendship with the other Alliance races.

    Why Unicorns are no longer part of the life of the Blood Elves? Simply because unicorns themselves detected the presence of fel magic in the body of the Blood Elves and because of that unicorns themselves became hostile towards the Blood Elves. So Blood Elves ordered to slaughter all of Quel'Thalas unicorns and absorb their magic; luckily they not killed all: the unicorns still graze the green pastures of Greenwood, the last bastion of the High Elves. Since then, the Blood Elves took as new mounts the hawkstriders.

    In the same way that the blood elves have as racial colors the gold and the crimson and as a racial symbol the Golden Phoenix, the High Elves have as racial colors the blue and silver and the Silver Unicorn as racial symbol.
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-11-23 at 08:46 PM.


  11. #11
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,260
    The amount of sheer wrong in that post makes my head hurt. I'm... speechless. x.x

    Or not. As a mod, I feel it's my duty to educate you a little:

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    addicted to magic,
    Every high/blood elf in existence is addicted to magic. An eternity of getting their fix passively from the Sunwell had sated it, but not for long.

    effeminate,
    ...

    irreversibly contaminated with fel energy,
    Reversibly, actually. Blizzard said it'll wear off in time.

    promiscuous,
    ...

    treacherous of their allies,
    Which allies? Anasterian was far more bigoted and hateful to the Alliance than Theron has been to the Horde.

    despisers of their origins,
    ...

    The term "blood elf" itself is a show of respect for the fall of the high elf race. Crimson is the high elven colour of mourning, which has been employed en masse in honour of the blood elves' fallen brethren. "Despisers"? They reinvented parts of their culture to honour their fallen forefathers. >.<

    And as for the symbol of the unicorn, not all have forgotten it (see my avatar). The Silver Unicorn has been the symbol of the High Elves since they arrived to Quel'Thalas, where they found these mystical and sensitive creatures and taken them as mounts by having great affinity with magic. Since then, the flag of the rampant silver unicorn has waved on ships, battlefields and buildings throughout Silvermoon and other Quel'dorei settlements for thousands of years ... until today.
    Unicorns have no lore beyond being plastered on WC2 destroyers. I have absolutely no idea where you're pulling this out of.

    Only genuine High Elves, loyal to their customs, still proudly hold the silver unicorn emblem, ie only the High Elves who remain in the Alliance are the last defenders of the standard of the silver unicorn, and when Alleria Windrunner do comeback, she'll know which is her true banner and then she will lead all Quel'dorei under her command and return them to their former glory in friendship with the other Alliance races.
    Even the high elf remnants use the phoenix now.

    ...

    You need to do a bit of homework on the high elven nation before WC3 if you think its leadership or its people have ever been great, loyal friends to the Alliance. Alliance-supporting high elves have been portrayed as the minority since day one: They sent token assistance to it during their big war, pulled out their entire nation the moment the high elven king got sick of the Alliance and disregarded its sacrifices in defense of Quel'Thalas, and 90% of the surviving high elves after the Third War joined the Horde.

    Why Unicorns are no longer part of the life of the Blood Elves? Simply because unicorns themselves detected the presence of fel magic in the body of the Blood Elves and because of that unicorns themselves became hostile towards the Blood Elves. So Blood Elves ordered to slaughter all of Quel'Thalas unicorns and absorb their magic; luckily they not killed all: the unicorns still graze the green pastures of Greenwood, the last bastion of the High Elves.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/

    You're welcome. x.x
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-11-23 at 10:07 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The amount of sheer wrong in that post makes my head hurt. I'm... speechless. x.x
    Thats Northem, get used to it. Together with Constellation they have some crazy delusions about elven supremacy.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats Northem, get used to it. Together with Constellation they have some crazy delusions about elven supremacy.
    Supremacy? because I think a race of immortal warriors which have nature at their beck and call should be able to clean the floor on their home turf against a bunch of aliens with axes, it's supremacy delusion? Aren't you the one who thinks a bunch of zombies shouldn't possible lose a single fight to anything ever? Lolundead...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Aren't you the one who thinks a bunch of zombies shouldn't possible lose a single fight to anything ever? Lolundead...
    Current bunch of rotten corpses with terrible (elven) leader, yeah they cant do shit.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Current bunch of rotten corpses with terrible (elven) leader, yeah they cant do shit.
    Even with the Lich King they were a joke compared to bigger threats. lolscourge.

  16. #16
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats Northem, get used to it. Together with Constellation they have some crazy delusions about elven supremacy.
    Constel tends to use logic and sense though. Not copious amounts of baseless, stunningly inaccurate fanon. x.x

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Even with the Lich King they were a joke compared to bigger threats. lolscourge.
    I am not talking about any kind of undead seen so far.

    And to return this thread on track, yeah, there is a pretty big chance he died of old age as only noteworthy enemies back then were forest trolls, and I guess we would have learned about it if they killed him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Constel tends to use logic and sense though. Not copious amounts of baseless, stunningly inaccurate fanon. x.x
    Thats one thing that makes Northem worse, he still considers RPG canon.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    To begin, we must not to confuse the true High Elves with these demonic elves called Blood Elves. Both Dath'Remar and Anasterian were High Elves, and they would never have agreed to be part of that collective madness triggered by Kael'thas. Moreover, Kael'thas sullied his own lineage and that of his entire race, dishonoring the Sunstrider dynasty forever.

    If Anasterian or Dath'Remar were living today, you must be rest assured they would disown all Blood Elves, in fact, they would commit suicide by seeing what has become the vast majority of their congeners: addicted to magic, effeminate, irreversibly contaminated with fel energy, allies of demons, promiscuous, treacherous of their allies, despisers of their origins, etc...

    And as for the symbol of the unicorn, not all have forgotten it (see my avatar). The Silver Unicorn has been the symbol of the High Elves since they arrived to Quel'Thalas, where they found these mystical and sensitive creatures and taken them as mounts by having great affinity with magic. Since then, the flag of the rampant silver unicorn has waved on ships, battlefields and buildings throughout Silvermoon and other Quel'dorei settlements for thousands of years ... until today.

    Only genuine High Elves, loyal to their customs, still proudly hold the silver unicorn emblem, ie only the High Elves who remain in the Alliance are the last defenders of the standard of the silver unicorn, and when Alleria Windrunner do comeback, she'll know which is her true banner and then she will lead all Quel'dorei under her command and return them to their former glory in friendship with the other Alliance races.

    Why Unicorns are no longer part of the life of the Blood Elves? Simply because unicorns themselves detected the presence of fel magic in the body of the Blood Elves and because of that unicorns themselves became hostile towards the Blood Elves. So Blood Elves ordered to slaughter all of Quel'Thalas unicorns and absorb their magic; luckily they not killed all: the unicorns still graze the green pastures of Greenwood, the last bastion of the High Elves. Since then, the Blood Elves took as new mounts the hawkstriders.

    In the same way that the blood elves have as racial colors the gold and the crimson and as a racial symbol the Golden Phoenix, the High Elves have as racial colors the blue and silver and the Silver Unicorn as racial symbol.
    HAHAHAHA, you can't be serious lol.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Constel tends to use logic and sense though. Not copious amounts of baseless, stunningly inaccurate fanon. x.x
    ty I try to verify what I say with what I know and Ive made it clear numerous times I'm firmly against elves lording over everyone or being invincible, but they should be experts at what they are supposed to know and be good at for the thousands of years they've been doing it, just as you'd expect a surgeon with 4 decades of successful surgeries under their belt to be able to teach surgery to students and demonstrate it under pressure with skill and precision.

    And to return this thread on track, yeah, there is a pretty big chance he died of old age as only noteworthy enemies back then were forest trolls, and I guess we would have learned about it if they killed him.
    Isn't there a memorial to him on Sunstrider Isle? I was pretty sure it was Dath'remar you paid homage to, not Anasterian, though I could be wrong or they could've changed it. I haven't made a new Blood Elf since BC, all my current ones are that old.

  20. #20
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    ty I try to verify what I say with what I know and Ive made it clear numerous times I'm firmly against elves lording over everyone or being invincible, but they should be experts at what they are supposed to know and be good at for the thousands of years they've been doing it, just as you'd expect a surgeon with 4 decades of successful surgeries under their belt to be able to teach surgery to students and demonstrate it under pressure with skill and precision.
    Which makes lore discussion fun with you, Northem on the other hand, lives in his/her own little bubble, denying any lore which differs from her /his personal preference.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •