Razer Blade Sale

http://www.razerzone.com/cyberweeken...sfp_mainban_us

The First Gen Blade is on sale today.
    Brings it down to 1.5k
    Do you guys think its worth it? Im in the market for something light and portable just wanted to know some opinons.

Yes I know you can build a desktop cheaper etc etc but I need somthing on the go.

As far as I am concerned that thing is too big/too heavy and despite its dimensions/price it has only average battery life... I am sure that you can have a newer, lighter laptop with the same performance characteristics for similar price. Don't ask me about specific models though, I stopped researching the PC laptop market some years ago.

Deleted
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230617
    more bang for less money and optionally you can put in a ssd yourself.( 2,7kg is questionable for being portable, but so is a 17" razer blade imo)

If you want a real gaming laptop they are going to be fairly large, and kinda heavy (compared to non gaming laptops). Its all about what you are going to do with it, which you didnt say.

If you need a gaming laptop check out sager notebooks, they make very high quality gaming laptops for less money and are customizable:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Razer's black friday deals are a joke

3$ off most of their stuff.

1500 dollars for a laptop with a laptop with a GT 555M? How about "no".

10+ Year Old Account
    the Blade will never perform as good as a Sager NP9170, or Asus G75, which are still cheaper

however, the Blade is a lot cooler, the problem is Razer itself, most enthusiasts would love a Blade but dont trust Razer, and nobody wants to be the guinea pig

edit, the Blade also has an aluminium unibody and the best keyboard/touchpad layout of any laptop, so it's better to compare it to Macbook pro
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-11-23 at 06:06 PM.

$1169 Ibuypower 15" laptop w/ a 670m will destroy the blade and its what 550? and 650?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the Blade will never perform as good as a Sager NP9170, or Asus G75, which are still cheaper

however, the Blade is a lot cooler, the problem is Razer itself, most enthusiasts would love a Blade but dont trust Razer, and nobody wants to be the guinea pig

edit, the Blade also has an aluminium unibody and the best keyboard/touchpad layout of any laptop, so it's better to compare it to Macbook pro
    if by comparing you mean overpriced and lacking in the gpu department it is true
    razer does have an actually good placed touchpad and solid keyboard (although a current ciclet one works just fine), the mini touchscreen had lots of issues not being recognized in games iirc.
    niché product which looks cool but does not provide the hardware to back it up on crucial parts.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-11-23 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys are only looking at the performance vs cost, which is not the major concern when getting a laptop

things like portability, build quality, chassis sturdy-ness are the main things to look at, all of which the Blade and MBP are much better at than a G75 or NP9170

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    If you want a real gaming laptop they are going to be fairly large, and kinda heavy (compared to non gaming laptops). Its all about what you are going to do with it, which you didnt say.

If you need a gaming laptop check out sager notebooks, they make very high quality gaming laptops for less money and are customizable:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/

This is what I bought and I've been very happy with it. I went with a 15.6" and it runs great. i5 3rd gen unlocked, GTX 670M and 8 gigs memory.

They only bad thing was they didn't tell me until after my purchase that I wasn't eligible for the free 8 -> 16 gig ram upgrade because apparently the i5 for lap tops does not support it.

It also took forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you guys are only looking at the performance vs cost, which is not the major concern when getting a laptop

things like portability, build quality, chassis sturdy-ness are the main things to look at, all of which the Blade and MBP are much better at than a G75 or NP9170
    well is there a point in having a ferrari with the engine of a lawn mower? (perhaps bit extreme but a product is only a good as the worst part it contains)
    a good gaming laptop isn't cheap thats for sure but there is no reason to throw money out of the window for a razer blade or mbp as a gaming laptop. (i mean a lackbuster gpu in a gaming laptop makes no sense. yes a mbp isn't for gaming i know but it got mentioned same still applies to an extend.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well is there a point in having a ferrari with the engine of a lawn mower? (perhaps bit extreme but a product is only a good as the worst part it contains)
    a good gaming laptop isn't cheap thats for sure but there is no reason to throw money out of the window for a razer blade or mbp as a gaming laptop. (i mean a lackbuster gpu in a gaming laptop makes no sense. yes a mbp isn't for gaming i know but it got mentioned same still applies to an extend.)
    i suppose the biggest difference is how you intend on using it, i take my NP9150 all over the place, but i really only use it for wifi cracking and lanparty gaming

if you are only going to take your laptop to and fro every once in a while, then get a big, heavy, but powerful laptop, but if you are constantly moving around all day, such as from class to class, or meeting to meeting, then the Blade is a good choice, you give up on power for build quality and portability

Deleted
    think ill get myself an early christmas

Deleted
    well 3kg and 17" being portable is questionable. (or atleast for me as a student it would be, my current ultrabook weighs half and still packs a punch)
    yes intended purpose is the factor most people overlook and just go most expensive/brand = best (which certainly isn't true in allot of cases)
    laptops are mostly missing a gpu/ssd or a good screen (such a shame lots of builds actually got 2 of those 3, but not the last one to create a close to perfect laptop for lots of people wanting more but custom being overkill.)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    A retina MBP makes a surprisingly decent gaming machine if you want to have mobility. Plays almost every modern game on medium/high 1920x1200 (or 1680x1050 for more demanding games), the IPS screen is amazing (and you can use non-native resolutions without visual artefacts) and the whole thing weights just 2 kg. Would I recommend it so someone as a dedicated gaming laptop? Hell no. But for a work machine its nice to have this additional gaming capability. Right now playing the new XCom on highest settings at 2800x1800 and having a blast ^^