View Poll Results: Hard Core Realm for you?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Defo

4 6.90%
  • I would try it

9 15.52%
  • Dum idea

45 77.59%

Thread: Hard Core Realm

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Hard Core Realm

I don't know much about D3 but It has made me interested in having a new type of server open up where if you die on leveling up, your character is deleted. These realms would be pvE and with increased difficulty I for one would try it.

It will probably never happen, but the question is would you try it or avoid it, if it came out?
    Last edited by Joycemiester; 2012-11-23 at 04:37 PM.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Hardcore in an MMO doesn't work.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore =/= MMO OP doesn't work in most cases now if it ever came out in a way; Absolutely not.

Deleted
    Haha hell no! What should you do in late game? Raid? One wipe at a new boss = done. PVP? Talk about fighting for your life ;o

I would never create a character on that server

Deleted
    In theory - Brilliant.

In practice - you would have maybe 200-300 people playing it and how would it work for economies, raiding teams (would you get deleted after a wipe?) or how about if you get careless when your 3 bars from dinging 90 and accidently die. I think even the most hardcore player would give the game 2 fingers and not play it again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Haha hell no! What should you do in late game? Raid? One wipe at a new boss = done. PVP? Talk about fighting for your life ;o

I would never create a character on that server
    While leveling, level cap your safe.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

You don't need to have perma death, just ridiculous EQ style loss of xp/levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    ^ This, defo will try it then

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    In theory - Brilliant.

In practice - you would have maybe 200-300 people playing it and how would it work for economies, raiding teams (would you get deleted after a wipe?) or how about if you get careless when your 3 bars from dinging 90 and accidently die. I think even the most hardcore player would give the game 2 fingers and not play it again.
    I would estimate if there was just one of these realms then far more would be on it. I would not suggest or expect there would be multiple realms.

Having your toon die a few bars from 90 would be painful but it's the risk of playing on that difficulty and it is why hard core works in games like path of exile and D3 to some extent, if you fail it will matter.

Deleted

This was what i thought you meant, and also the only way it would work. It would make the prices on leveling gear higher and people be more careful. about their pulls but other then that i don't see how it would be very much different from a normal pve realm. I would rather see the development time spent better.

then it isnt hardcore...
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted

Not "hardcore" server then, so pointless idea made even more pointless

No. You can D/C from the server, leaving yourself open to dying. You can get a lag spike because your mum started a skype call. I would only ever play a hard-core mode on a game that is run locally.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, there's different types of Hardcore.
    First, there's the D3-type in which if you die.. you're done, game over. I don't think that particular type would work for WoW at all, and would have to be xp loss or item loss upon death or something.
    Second, there's the imaginary challenges like Ironman leveling and Pacifist leveling that can be extremely difficult, challenging, and something I'd consider hardcore for WoW. The second would work, and I'd def support a realm only allowing those types of leveling (somehow).

Eve does it, just have to have some kinda "save" points. Like an item that you can buy from a vendor that allows you to save some amount of stats and items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like trolls are here, nothing much more than how it won't work, instead suggestions on how it could work would have been interesting.
    It's easy to pick at ideas, harder to modify and refine.

No. For the same reason I think hardcore in D3 is stupid. We're talking about "online only" games, and it's possible to die just because of a stupid lag spike. If I'm going to permanently lose a level 85+ character, I want it to be because I did something wrong, not because I took a random lag spike out of nowhere and instantly died the second my latency went back to normal. That'd be kind of lame.

I'd be all for it if you could play offline though.

Deleted
    Tibia used to be like this in the 90's. Then they changed it to exp/item loss instead of character deletion. Good old times

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    You don't need to have perma death, just ridiculous EQ style loss of xp/levels.
    This would be awsome tho!

One wipe, whole raid needs to go level from 89 to 90 again.

Deleted
    Seems like trolls are here

OK, let's see...

1. The internet is unreliable at times, connections break and and that can result in you dying, for lag/disconnection/etc. Nothing to do with you, just that's it, make a new toon. No thanks

2. Dying because of someone else's mistake (You know, the whole M-M bit from MMO) resulting in massive rage because random player 45378563 made you lose your toon. No thanks

Want to play hardcore WoW? Go level, delete the toon as soon as you die and start again. Have fun for yourself, there is no need for a server to handle you and maybe a few 100 other's
    Last edited by mmoc3c347a2199; 2012-11-23 at 05:26 PM.