Deleted

Monitor looking blurry/foggy

Hello folks,

I'm having a problem with my monitor, the picture is looking kinda foggy and blurry. This all happened when i change my pc.
    Im thinking its something to do with windows 7..before i had windows xp. but as soon as i plugged my monitor with my new pc i got this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    could you post a picture?

You might need to change your resolution to the native resolution of the monitor. Running in a resolution that is not native on an LCD panel will make the picture look blurry or foggy.

If it's not the resolution, you may want to make sure you have the proper graphics drivers installed and set-up.

Deleted
    i dont know if it makes a difference my monitor is LED, and the resolution is on native. i tried playing around with some of the monitor settings but still its not as good. bdw how to i attach a screenshot here pls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeryon View Post
    i dont know if it makes a difference my monitor is LED, and the resolution is on native. i tried playing around with some of the monitor settings but still its not as good. bdw how to i attach a screenshot here pls?
    upload it to imgur.com and juct copy and paste the link

Look into ClearType options, you may find that text is being blurry because of them.

Deleted
    its not the text that its blurry, maybe im explaining in the wrong way..the picture has that "whiteness" in it like where is suppose to be black is a little greyish..

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:11 PM ----------

this is what i mean, http://i.imgur.com/zpPTb.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    well, that is just screenshot, so i see it without any effects from your monitor, i was thinking more of a picture from a camera

the text does look a bit blurry, but it's hard to tell if that is just pixelation from being compressed into a jpg

Deleted
    i took two pics from my phone, but they dont look clear

Did you try cleaning your monitor?

Deleted
    its frustrating, coz even when i play it happens :/

Try fiddling with the gamma settings? Either on the monitor itself, or via the graphics cards control panel / interface, whatever you wanna call it :P

Since you say that blacks look grey, that makes me think that your gamma is screwy like another poster mentioned. Try turning down your gamma a bit, maybe even returning monitor settings back to factory settings. Does the monitor seem overly bright, or are other colors wrong besides black?

Are you using HDMI and a NVIDIA card? If so, change the digital color format in the NVIDIA control panel to YCbCr444.

My computer was having the same problem, have you tried turning off eye saver? Not sure if your computer has it but it is one of the physical buttons on my monitor along with the brightness and contrast and that was making my screen look foggy and dull.

- - - Updated - - -

I realize now that this was 6 years ago so it has probably been solved but maybe someone will see this in the future for help.