Will of the Emperor Heroic 10 man - setup and tactic advice

Hello there readers,

I am looking for some pointers for Will of the Emperor heroic 10 man.
    We got to this fight, but me and the other officers got a bit debunked due to the insane setup needed for that fight.

Our current setup is:
    DK + Guardian druid tanks
    Hpala + Disc priest (resto shaman backup) healer
    Shadow priest
    Boomkin druid
    Fury warrior
    Windwalker monk
    Beast Master hunter

Our setup is flexible to some degree.

What we're struggling with is basically who does what, when, and how/why.
    Any tips will be appreciated.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vbcd8pq166txp6qs/
    logs from 1st night

This fight becomes incredibly easy once you've mastered to handle the sparks. A rogue really helps in 10man because he can soak every 2nd spark easily with Feint, 3 tank strats are also viable. The problem is that you need to soak the 2 sparks from the little adds (forgot the name of them) every time they die, we had a rotation for them with rogue (cloak) / feral (dispersion) / shadow (dispersion) / hunter (deterrence). I'm not sure if your raid fits the right setup for this encounter so you might want to add a rogue for the monk. You also get another cloak from Symbiosis then and you should be able to down this boss pretty fast.

This is how I would do it:

General
    Tank the bosses by the stairs on each side. Have your fWarrior tank Strengths (make sure tanks don't touch the second one that comes out; give a bit of time for threat too). Kill Courages quickly. Kill Rages close together in time and proximity. Ranged stay loosely grouped in the center of the room. Watch roots on the Rages because you will have a melee on them.

Use Hero when the Bosses first come out. This will let you clear adds really quickly and get some decent uptime on the bosses. You get two or three breaks from adds (I can't remember; I think it's three though). After your last break, keep doing adds until your Hero debuff wears off. Once it does, CC adds, pop Hero, and burn the boss. Use everything you can to keep adds away. Your fWarrior may need to tank a Strength away from the raid at some point; just let him hold it. You'll probably have to kill another Courage during the burn too. Rages need to be CCed as they come out: don't let them get to your raid and don't waste DPS on them.

Eating Sparks
    Remember you need to wait a few seconds before the Sparks will be able to explode. Time your CDs accordingly. Make sure whoever can take the Spark calls it so you don't waste CDs.
    • Rage: Eat two Sparks at once. Rotate Hunter Deterrence, Monk Diffuse Magic, and Shadow Priest Dispersion. Have your Hunter spec for a 1m Deterrence so he can take every other set. Should go like this: Hunter, SP, Hunter, Monk, repeat. Each person eats both sparks of that set.
    • Strength/Courage: You're going to have to rotate long CDs for these. Looks like you have hPal bubble, WW Zen Meditate, War Shield Wall, Drood Survival Instincts, Disc's Pain Sup (on anyone), and hPally Hand of Sacrifice (also on anyone). Throwing a fat absorb on the soaker will help as well. Eat just one of these Sparks at a time. Since the Warrior is tanking Strengths, let him save Shield Wall for Strength Sparks exclusively. Someone will have to step in for him most of the time, though. Also, your tanks can eat the very first Strength and Courage Sparks since the bosses won't be out yet.

You can change up the Sparks eating a little bit with your group, but that's the simplest way I see to lay it out. You do have some options though.

Good luck on your kill! This is my favorite fight thus far into the expansion.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-23 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    "Rage: Eat two Sparks at once. Rotate Hunter Deterrence, Monk Diffuse Magic, and Shadow Priest Dispersion. Have your Hunter spec for a 1m Deterrence so he can take every other set. Should go like this: Hunter, SP, Hunter, Monk, repeat. Each person eats both sparks of that set."

Zen Meditation with glyph is usefull too.
    Last edited by mmocbbcef428e1; 2012-11-23 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xochiquet View Post
    "Rage: Eat two Sparks at once. Rotate Hunter Deterrence, Monk Diffuse Magic, and Shadow Priest Dispersion. Have your Hunter spec for a 1m Deterrence so he can take every other set. Should go like this: Hunter, SP, Hunter, Monk, repeat. Each person eats both sparks of that set."

Zen Meditation with glyph is usefull too.
    It's a longer cooldown though. Having a reliable rotation for Rage Sparks is a really good thing. I noted Zen Med in the Courage/Strength sparks section.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-23 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    In our tact im taking 4 sparks from rage on glyphed Zen Meditation. Diffuse Magic for courage is better becasue you can take every time spark.(Healer PoV). Holy Pala can take sparks on Divine Protecion too.
    Last edited by mmocbbcef428e1; 2012-11-23 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xochiquet View Post
    In our tact im taking 4 sparks from rage on glyphed Zen Meditation. Diffuse Magic for courage is better becasue you can take every time spark.
    Ah, so you CCed a set of Rages until you had four out at once? We found it was easier to just rotate immunities on every set as long as you have enough (and the OP does). CCing for a double set is definitely an option though, especially if you lack a Hunter.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-23 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Ah, so you CCed a set of Rages until you had four out at once? We found it was easier to just rotate immunities on every set as long as you have enough. CCing for a double set is definitely an option though, especially if you lack a Hunter.
    Indeed, we have two ele shamans in our roster to do CC :].