Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Avoid overclockers.co.uk

Just a friendly warning to avoid these guys, I ordered a Steelseries kana from them back in July, the mouse has since gone faulty, I recieved it back today in a worse condition than when I sent it off to them! (Braid on the cable has been cut/snapped) with them saying they're refusing to replace it due to physical damage however they didn't note any damage to the packaging when mailed to them.

To top it all off, they've charge £25 for all of this (nearly the cost of the mouse), £12.50 "inspection fee", next day return delivery +VAT (only cost me £3 to send to them in the first place).

Currently in contact with steelseries over this to hopefully get the mouse replaced (The original fault is nothing to do with the damage caused). Hopefully everything works out from here.

It's always the same, these company's are great until you have an RMA issue.

Edit - This issue has now been fixed via this thread by an OCUK rep, while its a shame I had to rant in a few places to get it sorted, it's still been sorted nonetheless
    Last edited by mmoc1175caa2c9; 2012-11-26 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Then we should avoid all PC stores right? Because there's always 1 person who has had a bad experience with a certain company :P

In all honesty I find ocuk a great company to use 2nd best to scan and you wanna see the horror stories scan have

Deleted
    So you wouldn't call something coming back more damaged than when sent off with a refusal to repair/replace and a £25 charge a horror story?

Deleted
    Can i just point out that if the device is older then 30 days, the warranty is most likely with steel series, not OcUK. OcUK is one of the best retailers in the UK atm, they have friendly staff and I've been in contact with them a few times. The only concern I have with them if you need to be active on their forum to get the free delivery, which is a slight con since most retailers offer free delivery now.

Deleted
    Actually, if the product is less than 6 months old, its the retailer you go to first according to the distance selling regulations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    Actually, if the product is less than 6 months old, its the retailer you go to first according to the distance selling regulations.
    Not the same reply I got when I contacted them to replace a power supply, they told me to contact corsair directly, I did, got a replacement PSU within a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    a true test of a company is not how good their customer service is when you are buying something, but how there customer service is when you have a problem with a product

thats why companies like EVGA, Mushkin, and Dell get repeat business from tech customers (Dell is probably the best)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    a true test of a company is not how good their customer service is when you are buying something, but how there customer service is when you have a problem with a product

thats why companies like EVGA, Mushkin, and Dell get repeat business from tech customers (Dell is probably the best)
    I would buy more dell computers if they didn't load em up with bloatware. Dell Monitors, etc, are pretty good for what you pay.

Deleted
    I have had mixed dealing with OCUK, their sales team are very helpful, delivery has always been extremely quick and their prices are quite competitive.

However it's a different matter when trying to return faulty goods. I have had two faulty items delivered in the past, a OCZ SSD and a Razer Nostromo, the SSD being dead on arrival and the Nostromo missing two keys. They told me on both occasions that I had to contact the manufacturers, as the warranty was with them and not OCUK. Fortunately Razer and OCZ are very good at replacing faulty products, but it was a pain to have to ship the items abroad and have to wait for replacements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I have had mixed dealing with OCUK, their sales team are very helpful, delivery has always been extremely quick and their prices are quite competitive.

However it's a different matter when trying to return faulty goods. I have had two faulty items delivered in the past, a OCZ SSD and a Razer Nostromo, the SSD being dead on arrival and the Nostromo missing two keys. They told me on both occasions that I had to contact the manufacturers, as the warranty was with them and not OCUK. Fortunately Razer and OCZ are very good at replacing faulty products, but it was a pain to have to ship the items abroad and have to wait for replacements.
    See this is wrong, its down to OCUK to replace these, as under 6 months of purchase, its down to the retailler to proove the fault was not present, not the manufaturer to fix under warrenty etc

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    Just a friendly warning to avoid these guys, I ordered a Steelseries kana from them back in July, the mouse has since gone faulty, I recieved it back today in a worse condition than when I sent it off to them! (Braid on the cable has been cut/snapped) with them saying they're refusing to replace it due to physical damage however they didn't note any damage to the packaging when mailed to them.

To top it all off, they've charge £25 for all of this (nearly the cost of the mouse), £12.50 "inspection fee", next day return delivery +VAT (only cost me £3 to send to them in the first place).

Currently in contact with steelseries over this to hopefully get the mouse replaced (The original fault is nothing to do with the damage caused). Hopefully everything works out from here.

It's always the same, these company's are great until you have an RMA issue.

I'm sorry for your bad experience, but that's not normal for them. I've almost never had problems from them, and when I have they have been tip top in sorting it, usually quickly. They once started something similar to what happened to you where I had issues actually getting it sorted, but after a week or so of back and forths, they refunded me all my charges, and upgraded me to a better item at no extra cost.

They're good, honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    I'm sorry for your bad experience, but that's not normal for them. I've almost never had problems from them, and when I have they have been tip top in sorting it, usually quickly. They once started something similar to what happened to you where I had issues actually getting it sorted, but after a week or so of back and forths, they refunded me all my charges, and upgraded me to a better item at no extra cost.

They're good, honestly.
    Well I'm currently going through steelseries now, if they repair/replace the mouse, I'm going to be contacting OCUK regarding a refund of charge's along with a refund of postage charges to both OCUK and Steelseries (Both of which I'm entitled to under the DSR).

I've had RMA's with other companies before and I've never had such an issue as to what I;ve had with overclockers, a previous RMA took nearly a month for a replacement to arrive.

Two RMA's and two lackluster experiences, I'm avoiding them from now on, dabs/scan/ebuyer/amazon will do me

My dad bought a prebuilt computer from them, the hard drive died. They collected the computer, replaced the HDD and returned it within a week. No charge at all.

Avoid this guys advice

Warning: this type of post is neither helpful nor constructive.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-23 at 06:34 PM.

I've used OC UK a few times in the past, had to RMA a 7800GTX and they had a new one back to me within a week of receiving the faulty one. I'd say this is a one-off.

Deleted
    Used them 2-3 times, only problem I`ve had was with Ttshock 5.1 headset.
    After 2-3 months of having bought these, the sound would keep cutting out, so RMA`d & paid to return it.
    Week later emailed & phoned to see what was going on, only to be told they returned them to manufacturers, so I had four weeks until would find out.
    Five weeks later, money mysteriously appeared back in account for the headset, no email or anything.
    Was contemplating buying the same set (the audio is bloody good) but both them & Dabs suddenly stopped stocking them.

/shrug

I'm just gonna step in here now and warn everyone: do not start a flame war.

We've all had bad experiences with companies that other people swear by. I personally had a huge RMA fiasco with Tigerdirect and now refuse to use them, but I have friends who buy exclusively from them.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-23 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    If they don't play ball, go to the small claims court. You will get your cash back if the product is found to be faulty.

I don't use scan for a similar reason to the above.

Deleted
    http://whatconsumer.co.uk/returns-and-refunds/

Lots of good advice on this page regarding distance selling.

Did you know there is no such thing as a "restocking fee" if you change your mind within the first 7 days ?

IVe used that company for years when i was in the UK and had nothing but superb service. From a faulty motherboard after 6 months to a xfx gpu that needed to be RMA they were always cool to deal with on the phone and literally everything was next day delivery.
    Does Warlock Stuffz