Thread: Help in arena.

Help in arena.

Hey guys, I've been running 2s as feral/holy pala and its been going ok, just have problems with a couple of comps and was hoping for some advice. The first is hunter/holy pala I have no problem surviving the opener but after that I just can't seem to land a kill, even when I have the pala in cc can never get hunter down and eventually the hunter gets enough cc on my healer to get the kill Even with me eating so many traps.

The second comp is warrior resto druid. I'm not sure who's best to go for here I tend to start on the warrior and cc the druid try force some defensives but again I cnt land a kill have tried the druid and cc warrior but still find it hard, and eventually the warrior gets his 5 stack and its game over. The last 4/5 have ended this way.

So I'm just after any tips for these comps or even arena on general. Loving feral but hate joining am arena and seeing these comps and feeling like we've already lost.

Thanks for any help in advance.

As for Hunter/Holy, no opinion. For Warrior, NEVER let him get to 5 stacks. I'd go on warrior, in order not to put him in full DRs. His stacks have a 15sec duration IIRC, so when you see 3+ stacks, CC/LoS him until they wear of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by dapper85 View Post
    The second comp is warrior resto druid. I'm not sure who's best to go for here I tend to start on the warrior and cc the druid try force some defensives but again I cnt land a kill have tried the druid and cc warrior but still find it hard, and eventually the warrior gets his 5 stack and its game over. The last 4/5 have ended this way.
    I havent done much arena this expansion so take this with a grain of salt, but - warrior damage is insane, absurd, stupid overpowered, and resto druids are quite good - but just as resto's are hard to catch, ferals are hard to run from. Resto's potency comes mostly from their mobility and their cooldowns - They're actually not very difficult to kill otherwise. If you can get them to pop tree form, wait for it to end and then blow CDs on them I'm fairly confident they won't be able to outheal your burst.

VS Hunter/Hpal:
    If you're eating traps so often what CC is it that's killing you? Also is it you who's dying or the healer? Try to set up a CC chain on the Hpal well enough that with Tiger's Fury you can burst the hunter hard enough to deter. Wait for DR on the chain and set it up again, this time you can either choose to TF as before or pop Berserk. One of these chains the Paladin will most likely trinket. Just sit hunter the entire game while chain CCing the HPal and eating traps and you should be alright, especially with the staggering of your Survival CDs.

VS War/Rdruid:
    Open war and swap druid when he's up. Your goal is to force barkskin from the druid (ironbark as well if you're lucky) without popping any CDs. After it's gone setup a good CC chain on the warrior and go ham on the druid, they're still rather squishy even with barkskin, and if stuns aren't on DR and you forced trinket earlier you should win so long as you keep the warrior peeled. The only things you want to trinket in this comp are Fear (from either class, undispellable by your healer) and Cyclone, unless you're pushing for a kill, you can probably risk it.

If you don't make it on first Berserk don't sweat it. Sit warrior and try to pressure cooldowns from either him or the druid until your next Berserk and then hard swap onto the resto once your CDs are back.

Thanks kalysun, vs hunter it's my pala who's getting trapped, and even eating 50% maybe more off the traps and even swapping def CDs it's only a matter of time till he is ccd enough for me to die, I cnt eat them all. Of you have trap eating tips would be awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by dapper85 View Post
    Of you have trap eating tips would be awesome?
    Make this macro (replacing <paladin> with your pally's name)

/cancelform
    /cast [@<paladin>] Wild Charge

It'll let you leap of faith yourself to your pally, pending he's in LoS. If you're sticking to the hunter you should always be in LoS of your pally if he is to scatter.

Deleted
    Tell your paladin to use hand of sacrifice before the scatter lands, He'll learn to time it right after a while..

Works with other CC that breaks on dmg aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Well im a resto druid and Thing is, even if a Feral forces me to use tree (happens very, extremely rarely) he will not burst me with his CDs, the moment i see him pop incarnation i will Mighty Bash him > if he trinkets > instant cyclone (if he doesnt ill hibernate him before bash runs out, if he trinkets that then its instant cylone) and Displacer beast, by then ill be across the map and all his dmg will be wasted.

Any half awake team can cc feral during CDs, and berserk only lasts 15 sec, without beserk incarnation is shit.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure a hunter does not scare beast or a druid does not hibernate you, simply getting out of form helps with that,
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

i play as resto druid with a decent warrior. every time we meet something with holy pala i start to shit bricks because this shield thingy eats all my warriors damage and after 20 minutes of pure brick shitting we loose =) which one of us needs ltp? i begin to think that hpalas moved to 2v2 bracket and shine there like a goddamn elvis on elvis's doubles contest!