Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xervyn View Post
    One of them gets the chicks, the other doesn't.
    What does this have to do with anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    It just goes to further illustrate that video gaming is still a hobby where the players are perceived as virgin no-lifers.

Yet kick a ball around you and you're an an instant success?

Its a perception issue with our current culture. Maybe it'll change as my generation gets older, but it still persists.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    So if something requires some actual activity it is unfriendly? Do you realize how stupid this is?
    Elitism isn't as big as it's hyped out to be, not to mention that it's irrelevant in most games. What kind of elitism goes on in Skyrim for instance? That's right, none.
    The elitism is this position that anyone who find Skyrim complicated is stupid. Most gamers have this arrogant opinion that anyone that can't play games are dumb, retarded, etc.

I never said it is unfriendly because it requires physical effort. I wonder why the heck you think I said that. Maybe your english is worse than mine. What I'm saying is that you can't put cellphone games and RTS on the same bag, like some people here are doing. Just because people enjoy Angry Birds it doesn't mean playing World of Warcraft is "friendly" to them. Games are complicated for non-players.

Look at soccer, for instance. Kick the ball, score a goal, don't hurt the other players. It is simple, any person can understand that. Now ask someone that only plays Angry Birds to watch a raid or a SC2 match. You can't seriously suggest than those things are friendly as soccer.

"Reality", socializing, educations/professions, physical activities etc I'd guess.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Although his comment was immature and not accurate in every situation, you still know what he means, don't act like you don't...

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    The cost, the time, the community, and or just lack of personal appeal to the games these days.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    its a generation gap - people from the 80s and 90s grew up playing video games, getting games consoles for christmas and games for birthdays, being exposed to computers at school, Older people grew up just watching the TV, I would rather sit in an empty room than watch a tv, how can these people live, imagine having to wait for a show to come on, then having to deal with commercials, but i guess they just missed the boat
    You have obviously never been a real fan of a TV show, the dedication and sacrifices you would force yourself into doing just to catch that one episode is stupid! Good ol' days of Stargate Atlantis when I was younger, I couldn't wait until Fridays when the next episode was finally released.

"NERD SHOW LOL" - fu biatches i dont give a shiet, im still proud!

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    it just doesn't appeal to them. It's not like everyone has to like playing games and if they don't it's weird.
    True. I mean you can't blame someone for not enjoying basketball, I personally don't. Someone shouldn't critically judge me just becuase of that, same goes for gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if by huge percentage you mean people over 40, then it's because they didn't grow up with video games. Many males under 40 play video games, and there was a recent study that said that the doll was the toy most desired by girls, but now it's video games, which falls in line with boys. In 20 or 30 people in my generation will be in their 30s and 40s and then video games will be more accepted by society.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason other hobbies might not appeal to you or me.

They may be cost prohibitive or someone may not want to put in the time/effort/money into being adequate at that hobby or they just generally don't give a poo about engaging in the activity.

Also, many people want a tangible result for their time spent in their hobby.