Deleted

Who feels let down by their shadow priest's ?

Hello MMO community.

I have been a long time fan of MMO forums and played world of warcraft for well longer then I care to admit , I made my shadow priest my main character the first week in MoP due to how badly warriors have been messed over, now I love playing my shadow priest and in generally like the feel of it, but in raids why are we so low on dps when matched to over dot class such as a warlock, mage or boomkin, I have a warlock and a mage in my raid team both able to hit 80k dps for a boss fight (I know it changes a little on each boss) yet the best I am able to get out is 55k.

Now i know some people will say you do not know your class or your messing up your ration but I know how to play a shadow priest, I am not claiming to be the best as i clearly am not but why should I have to be the best at my class just to match the avg dps of avg players simply due to the fact their class is more other powered ?.

Our AoE is poor (yes I dot everything up but how can you match a mage or a warlock who simply dot one target and then spread it ?)
    How can we match single targets when they simply have so many more hard hitting spells even if worst gear then a shadow priest ?

All i hear from Blizzard is we are happy with the Shadow pries AoE, we are happy we are happy we are happy, well what about all those who play a shadow priest who are not happy those who feel they are left to one side ?

Deleted
    Related to AoE damage Shadow priest are way better than mages, check Will of the Emperor hc (in this fight you never have only 1 target to hit, normally 4-5) logs to see how others do their damage and compare with yours. The best (ranged) classes for aoe (if targets are not in the same spot, if they are you should put elemental first or second probably and mage close to druid) are warlock > shadow > druid >>> mage > elemental > hunter

While I think that they could stand to use a slight DPS buff, I am quite pleased with the state of SPriests in MoP, personally.

The spec feels decent enough, could use a little number single target buff to keep up with other classes though.

Related to AoE damage Shadow priest are way better than mages, check Will of the Emperor hc
    WotE is multidotting, not AoE

For actual AoE, we are the worst spec in the game.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Shadow is in a good place right now sure there are some specs that are realy over the the op right now ( yes I´m talking to you warlocks ) but shadow does decent dmg on single target and good on multi target dot cleave + we have some good utility wich is hard to measure up. Sure real AoE sucks but there are only two REAL AoE fights in the raids right now ( Feng hc and Windlord ) so I gues I can live with that.
    Last edited by mmocb27299119c; 2012-11-23 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Flay / Single Target needs a buff.
    Mind Sear needs a buff.

Overall I'm happy.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalius View Post
    Who feels let down by their shadow priest's ?
    *Priests

We bring so much utility. My guild finally killed garalon, and it was in large part due to us two healing it. We couldn't have done so without my Pom on cd and vt after 3 of the crushes. They simply can't make shadow top the dps charts, or once you had all the buffs wouldn't you bring only spriests.

Even if you don't heal the raid at all, the flat 20% damage reduction, 6k self hps with dp, and bubbles or dispersion to mitigate big damage effects make us our healers dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The spec feels decent enough, could use a little number single target buff to keep up with other classes though.

WotE is multidotting, not AoE

For actual AoE, we are the worst spec in the game.
    Actual AoE = no-target limit, spamming Mind Sear?

Nope. Mages take the cake on that one. Frost is good for short-term AoE with it's amazing Frozen Orb, but other than that (and the fact that most Mages play Fire), we have nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mcbeefy View Post
    We bring so much utility. My guild finally killed garalon, and it was in large part due to us two healing it. We couldn't have done so without my Pom on cd and vt after 3 of the crushes. They simply can't make shadow top the dps charts, or once you had all the buffs wouldn't you bring only spriests.

Even if you don't heal the raid at all, the flat 20% damage reduction, 6k self hps with dp, and bubbles or dispersion to mitigate big damage effects make us our healers dream.
    You also forgot Halo healing for up to 100k (200k crits) each player on your entire raid if positioned perfectly.

That's also a 40s cooldown.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Max 6 targets :|

Deleted
    I really like how shadowpriests play at the moment. I agree that a small single target damage buff would be good, but it had to be tweaked carefully, otherwise we would become too good for multi target fights. As someone mentioned, Mind Flay would be a good place to tweak.

I'll have to agree with others that has mentioned a slight buff to mind flay. Problem now is that we are really good in PvP, fairly good in pve except for single target fights. And a mind flay buff would be the perfect solution for us.

Iagreed with this at one point after mop talents were introduced, but after re working them slighty, I love my SP again,

But thats a casual PoV not raiding
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I wish they would scrap shadow word insanity as a whole. No one likes and and no ones uses it. I think it would be dandy if we had a baseline cooldown, sure we have PI but I have yet to see a situation that would warrant using it.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I wish they would scrap shadow word insanity as a whole. No one likes and and no ones uses it. I think it would be dandy if we had a baseline cooldown, sure we have PI but I have yet to see a situation that would warrant using it.
    Agreed . Insanity is worthless. I wouldn't mind if they changed it to the mf has a possibility of gettind orbs.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Mind sear/single target damage is pathetic and should be buffed.

Yeah... our AoE does actually suck. Like someone previously mentioned, WotE is a multi-dotting fight, which is actually probably our best strength. Any fight that has adds that are spread far enough that it's not viable for other classes to just AoE, we dominate. But fights that clusters the adds together, we'll always lose to other ranged classes. Our single target is okay, in my opinion, I think as well as a few others, that we do need a slight buff in both areas.

However, despite those flaws, we do have an abundance of utility, which is something I thoroughly enjoy. All said and done, we have our fights in which we shine, and some we don't.

Only thing I'm really displeased with is, my guild almost refused to let me into our H WotE because I was replacing a hunter. Biggest issue was I couldn't AoE the adds quick enough (we were cc'ing 3 waves and then aoe'ing them down, so it was grouped AoE). And, honestly it really pissed me off (we're 25 man guild). Anyways.

This is the first time I actually don't have anything to whine about. Multidotting is still very smooth and viable (in great contrast to moonkins and locks), and single target is decent enough.

My only complaint would be that the the rotation is extremely watered down and simple now, but part of me enjoys the relaxed pace and low pressure dpsing.