Poll: Do you enjoy your job?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    The best job is no job and filthy rich. No one would pass on that.
    It would get boring pretty fast.

No option for "meh, it's ok"

I was a florist for 10 years, then i moved to Denmark and couldn't find work due to the fact I didn't speak danish...

So I fell into cleaning work, and now I do that full time, the moneys decent, I get to work alone in peoples houses or a doctors surgery with ipod on, it's pretty hard work though, although I guess it helps keep me fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    But if you're filthy rich, you could find plenty of things to do to keep life interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    I despise my job. The only thing I like about it is the people who work with me. I was hired on as a cashier at the Dollar Tree, and a week later was offered a position as an Assistant Manager. I took it for the pay raise (+1.75/hr) which I'm thinking now was a mistake. The hours are consistent, but my shifts are randomized, the clientele is incredibly bad, the pay isn't very good, and the stress levels are ridiculously high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    But if you're filthy rich, you could find plenty of things to do to keep life interesting
    Oh god no. Do you imagine having to find something different to do EVERYDAY ? It would be soooooo tiresome. You'll eventually settle for some sort of routine, which is equivalent to having a "job" you love.

Oh god no. Do you imagine having to find something different to do EVERYDAY ? It would be soooooo tiresome. You'll eventually settle for some sort of routine, which is equivalent to having a "job" you love.
    If it were me I'd just do the stuff I love. No need to do something different every day; every week is fine :P

Deleted
    It is boring to be filthy rich? You have no imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    It depends on what you mean by "look really good"
    It takes roughly a day or two of quality instruction to be able to go down a slop while making legit turns the entire way through.
    But if you mean all the freestyle stuff (jumps, jibs and the like), then probably a season or so.
    So it is quite easy to learn huh?

Which one?

I love doing my animation contracts, i'd do a lot of the concept art for free but I get paid so it's super awesome. Otherwise I enjoy building computers but it's so mundane I could leave it behind and I fucking hate working security but the work is solid and pays well, but the drunken idiots make me want to just find a solid source of income in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    So it is quite easy to learn huh?
    Yup, and it's ridiculously fun (obviously, or I wouldn't love it so much ).

No.
    Working as a Chef at a restaurant with people I don't enjoy working with doesn't cut it for me.
    Alright, I earn a lot of money. Enough to get by without much of a problem.

But the people I work with show a complete disinterest in showing proper customer service and making the food properly. They are here for the money, not the job.
    That makes it unpleasant for me to work there, as I firmly enjoy listening to Customer feedback and making everything as good as I can.

People with dead eyes working just for money is not fun working with basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to dislike my job, but I've left that position a year ago. Currently I'm working in finance and I like it. I work 35 hour days, 1 hour lunch, and get paid twice the amount doing less work than my prior job. Obviously though, there will always be better jobs out there, but I'm not in a hurry to go pursue those yet.

Deleted
    I'm a brewmaster! Working in a brewery in which I am able to drink if I want to So yes, Im pretty happy :b

I'm a Student Representative for a large electronic corporation that also makes video game consoles, I demo brand new products to other students and host events that involve students on my campus. My boss is in another state and my hours are chosen by me, but i have all the responsibility that comes with having to set your own hours.

I don't like it much at all.

Science Teacher!

I would say I love my job 80% of the time. Majority of the time it is great to interact with students, it's extremely rewarding when a student finally understand a concept and you know you are responsible for it. It is one of those jobs that when I am 80 years old and sitting in my recliner half asleep, I will be able to look back at what I did in my life and feel like I made a difference.

The downside comes from the administration. Occasionally, at the school I am at, the administration likes to schedule long meetings after work to explain something that could be done in 5 minutes. Also they are obsessed with professional development right now and keep assigning projects that take away from precious time I could be planning better lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It is boring to be filthy rich? You have no imagination.
    It's boring to be filthy rich without a "job". Most filthy rich people work because of that. Those who don't are usually their children who don't know any better and even them tend to find something to do, eventually.

Deleted
    Absolutely not, but as long as i get payed i don't care how boring my job is.

Heh i dont currently have a job now that im fulltime student at the university. But before i started, i worked for a few years at a store to save up money for apartment etc. Anyway that job will haunt me for the rest of my life, i had no idea how crazy, ungrateful, disguesting people/humans could be. Never in my life seen so much rudeness etc, and the blindness of people. But ofc even with people screaming at your face, i had to smile and be all nice, and sorry for your trouble and welcome back and what not. While inside i wanted to right out crush them, ooooow so much anger inside, but smiling on the outside. Wonderful time! Not. There was only 1 out of 1million times a raged back at a person while working at the store.

But since im soon an archaeologist, and i love archaeology, and i have tried being out in small jobs in the field. And i loved it. Totally worth all the studying, and i will not go back to hell in the store ^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

It's boring to be filthy rich without a "job". Most filthy rich people work because of that. Those who don't are usually their children who don't know any better and even them tend to find something to do, eventually.
    I'm fairly confident that most people who are filthy rich (who didn't inherit or win it) got where they are because they're naturally very hard workers. Some people need that focus in their lives, but not everyone.

Personally I can always find something to keep me interested; I've taken a year off between contracts a couple of times, and only went looking for another when the money was about to run out.