Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Depends on who's making them. Some trailers are like abridged versions of the movies. Others, are just glimpses.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    So I'm off tomorrow to see twilight breaking dawn part 2, with a female friend, we were having this debate tonight that movie trailers give away far to much compared to what they used, for example

Twilight Breaking Dawn part 2 one of the firsttrailers (no give aways);

One of the latest trailers (spoiler...);

To me that second trailer is well over the top,

This is what I'd call a ideal trailer:

Make you want to watch it, lets you know its a "remake" gives nothing away

What do you guys think
    By the way, the music in the Man of Steel trailer is from Lord of the Rings. Seriously, it's from LotR. That trailer can't be an authentic trailer.

I finally found a really good example using the same movie of a movie not out yet.

This is an example of a really effective trailer, not giving to much away, nor giving away much of the music of this version of Les Mis (just one song that would sell the movie). Anyone who hadn't already known the story of Les Miserables (Yes there are people who don't know it) wouldn't have the plot lines given away and would want to go see this.

Here is the second trailer, giving away pieces of many of the songs in the movie, and a lot of important plot points. This would be a trailer giving to much away. (Although I forgive it since the majority of the people who see the trailer already know the story)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Action movies are the worst because you see all the action scenes and then you're not surprised by them.
    most of them randomize it in the trailers so its not actually how its presented, i thought i spoiled all of expendables 2 but was pretty happy with the flow of it

Action movies are the worst because you see all the action scenes and then you're not surprised by them.
    partially agree and disagree.. i saw The Expendables 2 and it still had loads of action scenes in it regardless of the trailers on TV. i guess it was just more action packed.

Although I do agree trailers neeed to zip it up more.. if we want someone spoiling our movie we should have to look hard for it. and not just find it on TV or something.

Add comedy movies on to this ^ They usually give away the best punch line of the movie in the commercials and then you just get sick of it before you even see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Yes! Oh my god yes, a thousand times yes! I went to see a movie last night, but I could tell you the plot of 9 different movies I've never seen because they show the entire fucking movie IN THE TRAILER!
    i blame that on movie quality. if the entirety of a movie can be completely summed up in a 2 minute trailer what is the other hour and a half for? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Stoker trailers ftw

I like them because I still have no idea wtf it's about, and it looks really good. Are they assassin's or something? :|

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

By the way, the music in the Man of Steel trailer is from Lord of the Rings. Seriously, it's from LotR. That trailer can't be an authentic trailer.
    Lots of movies use music from other movie soundtracks. The new Resident Evil had a trailer that use Tron: Legacy's soundtrack, Man of Steel had The Thin Red Line's soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is doing the score for Man of Steel so I'll assume it'll be good, they just needed something to show the trailer before Batman, so they used what they had, why not, it works. I'll assume the new trailer next week with The Hobbit will have our first piece of music that will be from the Man of Steel soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The Man of Steel trailer is a good example of how a trailer should be, I think.
    it doesn't give me anything that makes me want to see the movie, and since thats what a trailer should be, I'm going to disagree

its just some scant footage in a teaser with some voice over, all I know now is that the movie exists, and who is directing it, pretty sparse

you can give something without giving away the whole movie, teasers are the opposite extreme and they're not much use in a press build up except at the very beginning