Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    D3...really? The gameplay wasn't that good, at least to me. I got bored very fast. Glad to see GW2 on the list, though. The naysayers will try to justify the list as being faulty regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    D3...really? The gameplay wasn't that good, at least to me. I got bored very fast. Glad to see GW2 on the list, though. The naysayers will try to justify the list as being faulty regardless.
    Would you say you are a fan of the ARPG genre, and more specifically the loot mechanic of gear walls & economic power trading online APRGs?

Such has Diablo 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Would you say you are a fan of the ARPG genre, and more specifically the loot mechanic of gear walls & economic power trading online APRGs?

Such has Diablo 2?
    Fencer. Torchlight 2 or diablo 3? Do you still play torchlight?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Fencer. Torchlight 2 or diablo 3? Do you still play torchlight?
    I prefer Torchlight 2 over Diablo 3 in terms of personal enjoyment. At $20 [on sale for $10 right now via Steam] and mod support, it's a helluva a value too.

In terms of design/execution, Torchlight 2 is really close to flawless. Every system of gameplay is totally harmonious and supportive of the other. I tried but I can't find a single aspect of the game that is faulty. TL2 is on classic Miyamoto levels of design, perfect execution of concept. Again, nearly flawless.

D3 is pretty good, but there were originally several systems that were redundant, broken or ignorable. Such as crafting, magic find or health globes/potions.

I would rank TL2 much higher on a year end list.

I play both D3/TL2 on occasion. However, I regard Path of Exile as the best ARPG I have ever played. We shall see if Lineage Eternal and Grim Dawn out due the guys at Grinding Gear Games. It seems unlikely- POE is an abyss of complexity and yet is not even out of beta.

Despite this, I would likely say D3 is undeserving of such high ranking on that list. Definitely would move Guild Wars 2 up several notches. Although I can't comment too much on the state of racing & shooting games. Genres I am almost totally ignorant of I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I prefer Torchlight 2 over Diablo 3 in terms of personal enjoyment. At $20 [on sale for $10 right now via Steam] and mod support, it's a helluva a value too.

In terms of design/execution, Torchlight 2 is really close to flawless. Every system of gameplay is totally harmonious and supportive of the other. I tried but I can't find a single aspect of the game that is faulty. TL2 is on classic Miyamoto levels of design, perfect execution of concept. Again, nearly flawless.

D3 is pretty good, but there were originally several systems that were redundant, broken or ignorable. Such as crafting, magic find or health globes/potions.

I would rank TL2 much higher on a year end list.

I play both D3/TL2 on occasion. However, I regard Path of Exile as the best ARPG I have ever played. We shall see if Lineage Eternal and Grim Dawn out due the guys at Grinding Gear Games. It seems unlikely- POE is an abyss of complexity and yet is not even out of beta.

Despite this, I would likely say D3 is undeserving of such high ranking on that list. Definitely would move Guild Wars 2 up several notches. Although I can't comment too much on the state of racing & shooting games. Genres I am almost totally ignorant of I must admit.
    Im assuming TL2 is b2p. So i'll probably pick it up. Exile seems interesting (its in beta) animations seem stiff though.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Im assuming TL2 is b2p.
    Yes, it is B2P.

So i'll probably pick it up. Exile seems interesting (its in beta) animations seem stiff though.
    That's your own personal value judgement.

Everything is extremely smooth and fluid for me in game. It's a very fast paced game. You are only bound by your attack speed stat. So you can swing as fast as you can click.

TL2 is a much better value in my opinion but I did enjoy Diablo 3 for what it was (too bad it didn't have TL2's loot system and talent trees). One other ARPG that I keep my eyes on from time to time is Grim Dawn but I have to wonder if that will ever be finished (it is the same core developers that did Titan Quest).

The inclusion of The Walking Dead and Hotline Miami are real surprises here. And major kudos to Amazon [of all places] for choosing rather esoteric games. To place those titles ahead of blockbusters such as Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed earns quite a bit respect from me.

Hotline Miami is is simply fantastic. Incredible gameplay and concept. Quite an edgy game as well. Looking over the list a second time, it's pretty amazing that Hotline Miami even charted.

I hope it results in some increased sales for the developer. Because that is a really, really well made video game.

/impressed

torch light 2 is pretty good. I'm playing the demo and at the first boss and died XD

hes hard and i'm only doing normal difficulty. I'm playing embermage and mana isn't recharging fast enough and he endlessly spams adds.

its glorious