Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

since when did raiders give up so damn easily

so today i went into a group for DS 10 HC i have personally never done it on HC before and looked forward to getting DW HC achievement, all was going well and we got to ultraxion, at this point we had 0 wipes and only a couple of deaths, we start on ultraxion and we wipe because couple of people forgot about one of his abilities, all of a sudden half the raid doesnt have time anymore and starts calling everyone else shit and leaves the raid.

This isnt the first time i seen this kind of stuff happen but it is so frustrating to see people with attitudes like this. If everything just doesnt fall over and die for them they refuse to do it and then i come on here and see people complaining about how easy the game is (probably the same people who complain when they have a wipe) and its ruining the game.

/rant

Deleted
    Well.. I wouldn't call anyone who don't have the ds hc achievements a raider.

Obviously the majority who didn't raid during that content are those who can't be arsed to put alot of time in raiding. And that's the result you get when such people want to faceroll old content and then wipe.

What you are talking about are not "raiders". They are simply a group of random people doing an old raid. Even people in LFR are not "raiders".

its raiding, hence you are a raider...

10+ Year Old Account
    You just had a lot of bads. I pugged DS10H a few weeks ago and cleared it in 40 min with only a few deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Novamh View Post
    Is doing content that's an expansion old really considered raiding? Does soloing MC make someone a raider? It's a raid.

do you really have to be this precise about it? does it bother you people that much what is defined as a raider?

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    What you are talking about are not "raiders". They are simply a group of random people doing an old raid. Even people in LFR are not "raiders".
    Who made you the Chief Arbiter of Raiding Titles?

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:25 PM ----------

do you really have to be this precise about it? does it bother you people that much what is defined as a raider?
    Some people are really insecure and they get mad when other people get to have nice things too.

The raiders that don't give up are too busy in the MoP raids to spend time clearing old content. We did that content a few months/year ago.

And that's probably the most elitist I'll ever sound (I hope!).

If you didnt already have 8/8 HC before MOP, you arnt a "raider" (Unless you like got cancer, or your internet died for 6 months or something extreme).
    The people you were playing with bad, and if i was in a group where people failed on ultraxion, i would rage quit too. Because that boss is literally the HC boss i have ever done in my life, ever. Its just stand and nuke and press a button at the right time.

Deleted
    all of a sudden half the raid doesnt have time anymore and starts calling everyone else shit and leaves the raid.
    Hahaha I laughed so hard at this part...it's so true it's funny :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Some people are really insecure and they get mad when other people get to have nice things too.
    Doing old content is definitely not the same as doing current stuff, no matter how you put it. The behavior of some random group of people doing old content is not representative of raiders doing current content. It's not insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Doing old content is definitely not the same as doing current stuff, no matter how you put it. The behavior of some random group of people doing old content is not representative of raiders doing current content. It's not insecurity.
    I was more referring to the guy that said LFR wasn't raiding or some crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Because that boss is literally the HC boss i have ever done in my life, ever.
    I think you accidentally some words.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Who made you the Chief Arbiter of Raiding Titles?

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:25 PM ----------

What is that even suppose to mean?

The term "raiders" usually means people who are pushing current content in a coordinated group. Not a group of random people trying to get transmog gear / old titles from a raid that they out gear and out level.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2012-11-23 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWwiki's Article on Raids
    Raid groups are a way to have parties of more than 5 and up to 40 people, divided into up to 8 groups of up to 5 players. The terms "raid" and "raiding" primarily and traditionally refer to PVE raid-specific instances and zones.
    Any time 6+ people go into a PvE Raid instance, they're raiders.

Anyone saying otherwise is just drawing an arbitrary line. See the following examples:
    "If you didn't get World First Dragon Soul Heroic, you're not a raider" is one extreme.
    "If you didn't get Server First Dragon Soul Heroic..."
    "If you didn't clear Dragon Soul Heroic..."
    "If you didn't clear Dragon Soul Normal..."
    "If you didn't clear Dragon Soul LFR..."

Draw the line where you like, cause everyone will just see it as trying to put yourself above others. Truth is, there is no line.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It only really happens when you pug. A raiding guild will sit at a boss and wipe the raid till they get it right whereas pug groups will expect others to either make up for what they lack or expect to coast by and at the first sign of danger will bail.

It's just that much worse when it involves old content and there are mechanics where you can't cheese the boss with an increased health pool, damage, and healing. Most will just assume the others know what to do since it was out for so long or that mechanics don't matter anymore and brute-force it. Once they realize some may have not seen the fight and have to explain the fight rather than hammer it till it's dead, so long and thanks for all the fish.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    What is that even suppose to mean?

The term "raider" usually means people who are pushing current content. Not a group of random people trying to get transmog gear / old titles from a raid that they out gear and out level.
    And how does that statement apply to LFR? Under what authority are you declaring LFR people to not be raiders?

Deleted
    No. Would you call a lvl 90 who goes to BT a raider as well? No you wouldn't and I have to agree, that people who didn't set foot inside DS on heroic when it was current - even with 35% buff, aren't raiders. They're casuals or non raiders if you like but they aren't actual raiders.

Had I for some reason joined this run and people kept failing at clicking 1 button, I would have left too. It's not just about "giving up", it is likely that some of these people already did this content and just couldn't be arsed wiping cause other people were bad.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:42 AM ----------

Yes it means something, when the title of the tread is pointed directly towards raiders and in fact what your experienced had nothing to do with "real raiders".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    No. Would you call a lvl 90 who goes to BT a raider as well?
    Yes, so long as he took five friends.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1