Seraphim is a guild that was founded back in the Vanilla WoW 2006-04-04. We are one of the oldest and strongest communites on Sylvanas from back in the old days of Daggerspine server. We are an oldschool guild that survived the tides of time with experience of all end game content behind us! We've been victorious in many boss encounters and defeated some of the hardest bosses in the game before they were nerfed.
We used to be a hardcore raiding guild raiding more than 25 hours a week, but nowadays we are a semi-hardcore guild. This means we only raid 9 hours a week including a total of 30 minutes break, i.e. 10 minutes breaks each raid, but during the raids we maintain the same hardcore diciplin and requirements that characterises a hardcore guild. This way we get the most out of our time in game and are able to defeat everything that the game throws at us as a PvE guild. We have a laid back and friendly atmosphere in the guild. We care about our members and treat them with outmost respect and understanding for their real life commitments.
We have players from different time zones and some of us work and some study, some are married or have a relationship or have kids, etc. So it's important for us to be able to attend to our real life commitments but at the same time be able to raid as a competetive high end raiding guild. Therefore we start our raids at 20:00 server time and end it 23:00 so everyone can join our raids on time and get to bed not too late to have enough sleep and not feel worn out when we wake up the next day in the morning. We don't want our members to fail in their real life because of a game. The game comes second to our real life commitments.
However you have to be able to attend our raids for the full duration otherwise we cannot accept you into our crew of raiders, since we want to keep a small number of raiders in the guild for stronger raids and quicker progression through the game content.
Some pillars that make the foundation of Seraphim are:
- Mutual respect and mature attitude
- Good communication and understanding among us
- Strong leadership and highly experienced raid leaders
- A very well organised and structured guild with well thought directives and rules
- Raiding dicipline and etiquette
- None favoritism policy
- Fair loot system
Our raiding schedule is as follows:
Days: Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (may be extended with 1 day if needed)
Time: 20:00 to 23:00 (may be extended with 30 minutes if needed)
Raid invites: 19:50
Break: around 21:00 to 21:30.
Raid invites start at 19:50 and it's important to make it on time and be ready and prepared with everything to make the first pull at 20:01. Our guild provides the raids with flask and food, however you are expected to have your own potions but also flask and food to not lose time when we switch people in and out.
Beside the above mentioned our requirements are:
- Knowing your class and playing it top notch with the correct spell rotation
- Keeping your gear updated in regard to BiS (best in slot), correct and the best available enchants, gems, proffesion utilities, talent build, reforging
- Raid awareness and being able to respond quickly to all possible game mechanics during a boss encounter
- Being able to gear up and play with a primary offspec whenever needed
- Enduring wipes during progression without losing your temper or interest
- Access to a stable and fast internet connection and a powerful PC that can handle the game without lagg or disconnection
- Ability to communicate clearly on Ventrilo
- Putting the guild goals above your personal goals in the game
- Loyalty and devotion to the guild
- Ability to take orders from the Guild Master and the Raid Leader or any other officer in charge
- Being active on our forum since we communicate a lot using it
- Respecting and applying the directives and rules of the guild
For our recruitment status, please follow us on WoWProgress!
So if you can fulfill these requirements and in general you are a positive person with a mature and relaxed attitude able to handle any kind of pressure, issues or problems without letting them effect your raiding or relations in the guild, then we'll be happy to have your application on our guld forum.
What we offer you in return is the privileged to be part of a pro team that will hopefully give you an enjoyable experience in this game and good memories of your time with us in Seraphim!
Last but not least, to improve your chances to become an initiate of Seraphim, please format your application well so that it is easily readable and write about anything that can give us a good picture of what kind of a person you are in your real life, but also tell us about your experience in World of Warcraft and what makes you the kind of player we would like to recruit.
May the Light shine upon you!