Deleted

Wild Charge Macro

Hey guys,

I really need some help with making a Wild Charge Macro.

• If the target is an enemy, it use Wild Charge.
    • If the target as friendly, leave moonkin form if within range of target, use wild charge on target, enter moonkin form again-
    • If there is no target, target mouseover, leave moonkin form if within range of target, use wild charge on target, enter moonkin form again-

This macro must be spamable, so when clicking the last "enter moonkin form again", I don't want to be jumping in and out of moonkin form if you understand what I mean.

I've been looking for a macro like this for an hour now, and couldn't find one, so it would be super epic if any of you pro macro writers could give me a helping hand

Thanks in advance, Rs10

I dont think its posible to make such macros anymore

I belive the target vs. friendly might be doable. But afiak, then Blizz removed the "If" function long time ago so ppl would actually learn how to play their class instead of just finding a macro that did it all for them

Deleted
    Hmm, okey. It's just so anoying to keep leaving moonkin form, because I'm trying to use Wild Charge... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    A macro cannot determine if a target is of range so to do specifically what you ask isn't possible. Minus this limitation, this is possible but requires a macro for each situation you listed, and would also require multiple keypresses of that macro.

Macro 1 -
    /cast [@target,harm] Wild Charge

On keypress casts Wild Charge if your target is an enemy.

Macro 2 -
    /cancelaura Moonkin Form
    /castsequence [@target,help] reset=2 Wild Charge, Moonkin Form

Keypress 1 - Cancels Moonkin Form
    Keypress 2 - Casts Wild Charge if your target is friendly.
    Keypress 3 - Casts Moonkin Form.
    The sequence resets after 2 seconds. Note: An accidental 4th keypress will cancel Moonkin Form.

Macro 3 -
    /cancelaura Moonkin Form
    /castsequence [@mouseover,help] reset=2 Wild Charge, Moonkin Form

Keypress 1 - Cancels Moonkin Form
    Keypress 2 - Casts Wild Charge if your mouseover target is friendly.
    Keypress 3 - Casts Moonkin Form.
    The sequence resets after 2 seconds. Note: An accidental 4th keypress will cancel Moonkin Form.

Deleted
    Wow Ugru, thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform [stance:5,@mouseover,help,exists][help,exists]
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Wild Charge; [harm,exists] Wild Charge; [help,exists] Wild Charge; Wild Charge

This macro has to be the closest you can get.

Macros can't detect if a target is in range or not. This one will require you to manually press Moonkin Form while moonkin form isn't active though.

IF I'm correct this macro will do the following:
    -When you have a mouseover target it will cancel moonkin form (ONLY IF FRIENDLY) and cast Wild Charge on your mouseover target. If you're in any other form and have a friendly target targeted it will also cancel your form.
    -When you have an enemy targeted it will simply cast Wild Charge.
    -When you have a friendly targeted it will cancel moonkin form and cast Wild Charge on them.
    -When you have NOTHING targeted it will simply use Wild Charge

I'm not the best macro maker out there and I probably made a couple of mistakes (before I edited my macro I had to test it out in-game. /cancelaura Moonkin Form doesn't work for me for some reason).

Deleted
    Thanks so much Terahertz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's much better than mine. I don't know how I forgot about cancelform.

Deleted
    Hmm, this macro only works as balance by some reason. It's not a problem, I don't need a macro for resto, but just a sitenot The macro I use for resto is just:

#showtooltip
    /cancelform
    /use wild charge
    Last edited by mmocb14a6eb0cd; 2012-11-24 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    Hmm, this macro only works as balance by some reason. It's not a problem, I don't need a macro for resto, but just a sitenot The macro I use for resto is just:

#showtooltip
    /cancelform
    /use wild charge
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform [stance:1/2/3/4/5/6,@mouseover,help,exists][help,exists]
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Wild Charge; [harm,exists] Wild Charge; [help,exists] Wild Charge; Wild Charge

This macro should work for all specs and form. My previous macro secured you from accidentally shifting out of cat/bear/any other form while having a friendly mouseover target.

BUT because you will cancel your form while having a friendly mouseover target, you'll sometimes make the mistake of hovering over a friendly target while pressing the macro in crowded situations, while in fact you wanted to cat leap/bear charge to an enemy target instead.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-11-24 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    You are just awesome Terahertz!

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:19 PM ----------

Is it possible to change it from "when you have an enemy targeted OR mouseovered it will cast just simply cast Wild Charge", to "when you have an enemy targeted it will cast just simply cast Wild Charge"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    You are just awesome Terahertz!

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:19 PM ----------

Is it possible to change it from "when you have an enemy targeted OR mouseovered it will cast just simply cast Wild Charge", to "when you have an enemy targeted it will cast just simply cast Wild Charge"
    I'm not 100% what you mean, but I'm pretty sure the macro already does the thing you mean.

But keep one thing in mind, this macro is focused around people using their mouse to move (which automatically removes your cursor from your screen unless you hold off of your mouse button) so you'll only specifically use the mouseover function when you truly want to.

But like I said before with the last macro I (well basically altered) made, is that you'll have to becareful when you're hovering over crowded areas with enemy targets and friendly targets when using the macro. Because if you accidentally hover over a friendly target with your mouse instead of an enemy target you'll (with the last macro) cancel all of your forms (except tree form I believe)

Edit: Also, the mouseover macro always first looks for a mouseover target and then your current target.

Second edit: nvm, didnt work
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-11-25 at 11:26 PM.