Wnat to buy an I5, buy all I am finding are I3's

I want to buy a new computer with an I5 processor for my wife, but everything I am seeing on sale right now in my budget are I3's. What am I going to sacrifice if I go with an I3 processor?
    Just wanted to add...I know without knowing what processor specifically I am looking at and comparing it to this is kind of a poor question, more just looking for a basic feature/benifit from 3 to 5.

What's the budget? Desktop or laptop? US? UK?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Unless your wife is doing some serious computing (gaming, media, etc) you should be fine with an i3. The new generation of i3's are pretty decent for some of the prices, and are more than you need for casual computer users (browsing, work, e-mail).

If she is gaming (WoW?) then definately spring for the i5. 3570k is the sweetspot IMO, will last a long time and can be boosted up 500MHz with stock cooling / turbo setting motherboard.

An i3 is fine if all she will be doing is gaming, even at the higher settings in most games.
    If she wants to do higher end workloads (movie-editting, VMs and whatnot), it might not be, or if she wants do browse the web while watching a movie and FRAPS her gameplay, I'd look at an i5.

Otherwise, an i3 is more than fine.

EDIT: If this is a laptop, it has even less of an impact.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-11-23 at 11:50 PM.

HP Envy 14" i7-3632QM $630 + Free Shipping from BestBuy. Not sure if its what you're looking for though. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+ENV...&skuId=6835328

What I was looking at was a black friday deal at bestbuy for a I5 3570 with a 20 in monitor for $500. What I was going to do with it was put her 500w power supply in it and her ati7770 vid card, and we were going to give her old duo-core to one of the kids. That was the perfect deal, and yes, it's for gaming.

Prob was I am wasn't gonna stand out in the cold for 12 hours in line to save a couple hundred bucks lol
    Last edited by roflmfao; 2012-11-23 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    What I was looking at was a black friday deal at bestbuy for a I5 3570 with a 20 in monitor for $500. What I was going to do with it was put her 500w power supply in it and her ati7770 vid card, and we were going to give her old duo-core to one of the kids. That was the perfect deal, and yes, it's for gaming.
    Here's a i5-3330s + 20" monitor @ $500 from Best Buy. Its available online + Free Shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+Ins...0568&lp=2&cp=1

Thats the one I was looking at on thier Black Friday Ad. Instore only, and none available.