Demo lock nerf, viablity for RBG, Arena?

Hey there guys,

I have been thinking if Demo locks will be vaible in RBG and Arena after 5.1 hit, if the patchs still are the same as they are now?

It seems for me they are removing our touch of chaos, for 25% dmg on Doom? why is this change? i don't get it at all, CoT arent really doing that much dmg in arena, and we are very easy to LoS, and then our dmg is less the 0.

I do get the change with the aura, it's OP that we can stack those together, and hit peopel with 45 yard. but i still don't get the other nerfs?

can you help me out why they are nerfing the only viable spec we got left?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so confused by these nerfs people always talk about. Aura of enfeeblement was OP and needed to be brought in line. It's still very strong, just not as broken. Remember that purge costs a lot of mana now so it won't always be purged. The way it is right now is just broken though.

As for the other "nerf" it's not a you're too strong nerf it's a fix for the Meta + wand bug. Only the ranged auto attack is getting removed and Doom is getting buffed. This is a huge multi dot buff and a slight single target nerf. In PvP it's negligible.

Also destro is the go to RBG spec right now so any demo nerf wouldn't nerf RBG viability.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:53 PM ----------

Let me clarify on the aura of enfeeblement actually. It's a 2 min buff without a CD that's very easy to keep up and can't be purged or dispelled right now. It's essentially a cast time and melee debuff that cannot be countered in any way. Broken

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    I'm so confused by these nerfs people always talk about. Aura of enfeeblement was OP and needed to be brought in line. It's still very strong, just not as broken. Remember that purge costs a lot of mana now so it won't always be purged. The way it is right now is just broken though.

As for the other "nerf" it's not a you're too strong nerf it's a fix for the Meta + wand bug. Only the ranged auto attack is getting removed and Doom is getting buffed. This is a huge multi dot buff and a slight single target nerf. In PvP it's negligible.

Also destro is the go to RBG spec right now so any demo nerf wouldn't nerf RBG viability.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:53 PM ----------

Let me clarify on the aura of enfeeblement actually. It's a 2 min buff without a CD that's very easy to keep up and can't be purged or dispelled right now. It's essentially a cast time and melee debuff that cannot be countered in any way. Broken
    It's.... a 2 min.... buff? You mean 30 sec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it 30 sec in pvp? Doesn't change much though, it's an undispellable instant cast that even at 30 seconds lasts twice as long as the regular debuff on other players. Even with the change it can only be dispelled by mages which will cost 21% of mana now, mass dispel priests on a 15 sec CD, shamans and DKs with the glyph.

its not touch of chaos u derp xD it is the auto attack lol

its a pity that the melee attack was the coolest animation locks ever got :< and we are loosing it because they are too lazy to fix a wand bug...Seriously i can't get who is going ever to use that wand ranged shoot ability,removing this would be preferable for me...Shooting dark skulls on others OP

Is it 30 sec in pvp?
    It's 30 seconds everywhere, and always has been since release.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 05:17 PM ----------

The risk of having a mage spellsteal it makes casting Aura of Enfeeblement a risk too potent to warrant ever using it.

Aura of Enfeeblement represents the main utility that demo brings over other specs. Since a mage will nigh always be present, this utility is effectively removed and represents a substantial nerf.

The range reduction was enough.

aura aside, demo will still be viable in rbgs for strategies like the mass grip -> Ring of Frost -> full cds 2x chaos wave and other people's aoe to simultaneously drop several players or simply force massive cds from the enemy team.

besides demo, I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen with the promised "redesign" of cataclysm, I hope they don't simply drop the idea and remove RoF stun as well.
    and then there's the affliction issue, no comments on that, let's simply hope it's one of those specs that will scale better as time passes ( or other seasons).

Is it 30 sec in pvp? Doesn't change much though, it's an undispellable instant cast that even at 30 seconds lasts twice as long as the regular debuff on other players. Even with the change it can only be dispelled by mages which will cost 21% of mana now, mass dispel priests on a 15 sec CD, shamans and DKs with the glyph.
    It's an undispellable instant cast that requires you to be in Meta and 60(?) fury? Seeing as leaving Meta gives a 8(?) sec CD on Meta, with the 5.1 change there is no reason to use it when there's a mage/shaman/priest on the other team. They also reduced the radius to 20, and unaffected by talent. With this, the aura will only really be on melees training the warlock.
    Furthermore, with the current 5.1 PTR, people are saying that the aura buff is not only dispellable/spell stealable, but the debuff portion is also dispellable. This means that any team with a healer can also remove the aura since the debuff is magic. (Still need confirmation on this though). In addition, it is no longer possible to have the aura and a curse on the same target (as it is possible currently).
    These nerfs combined essentially makes the spell useless in PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aura nerf is annoying. The removal of melee attacks in meta form is also a big loss in my eyes for pvp.

However, in light of all this Dark Soul is no longer purge/spell steal-able, which is a huge buff.

These nerfs combined essentially makes the spell useless in PVP.
    Well it's still debuffing your enemies while up and takes mana and time to dispell, I think it will just make the curse portions just that much more potent and important to apply to high-priority targets (or with a mage around).

That being said, it just pushes Destro further ahead in RBGs
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.