Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You take that attitude, i'll take this line. Womens rights are a joke, there simply at fault for being in said relationships and can leave. And for female rape? OH WELL THEY JUST DRESSED SLUTTY THEY DESERVED IT.

No, fuck off with that attitude. I hate it, it's despicable and i despise people like that.
    You're totally not getting the point being made. There's nothing wrong with legitimate concerns being raised, however the "Men's rights movement" as a group, are a joke.

You take that attitude, i'll take this line. Womens rights are a joke, there simply at fault for being in said relationships and can leave. And for female rape? OH WELL THEY JUST DRESSED SLUTTY THEY DESERVED IT.

No, fuck off with that attitude. I hate it, it's despicable and i despise people like that.
    While there are some issues that can be addressed, there's nothing worthwhile in creating a men's rights group over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That is why I said "overall" and specifically qualified my statement with discussing averages. If you want to pull out anecdotal evidence and attempt to say that the net "damage" caused is equal between male attackers and female attackers, than by all means go ahead and do so. Or you could decide not to obsess over absolutes and maybe you'll be taken more seriously.
    I didn't know men making up 40% of real victims but only having less than 1% of the assistance (shelters in this case) was anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The figure in England is about 125:1, or about 7500 shelters for women victims, compared to 60 shelters for male victims.
    I didnt read a word in this thread; but i still think you are the most interesting man in the world.

i think imma go drink a Dos Equis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I'm not saying one is better than worse because whether one IS better or worse doesn't enter into it. Women are perfectly capable of inflicting huge damage if they really want to and when that happens don't you think men should have SOMEWHERE to go?
    I do, actually. But I don't run the shelters. If public opinion acknowledges the ability of men being able to afflict damage far superseding that of the reverse situation, than that is how the proportions will present themselves. And when these things are handled at a micro level, as opposed to macro, it means that if a specific area can only support one shelter it will automatically go into sheltering women. There is a problem here where you are attempting to analyze things on a macro level, when it is absolutely not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    While there are some issues that can be addressed, there's nothing worthwhile in creating a men's rights group over.
    Yes, because shit like Sharon Osbourne laughing on network television about a man being mutilated by his soon-to-be-ex-wife totally isn't relevant either, right?

Deleted
    I didn't know men making up 40% of real victims but only having less than 1% of the assistance (shelters in this case) was anecdotal.
    Apparantly emotional abuse also doesn't count.

I'll probs get an infraction for that post, but jesus you deserved it you thickheaded example of a human.
    Everybody will be discriminated against, it's human nature. Do we really need rights groups for EVERYTHING? Also, and I'm just saying, being a man is probably the most privileged you can get, especially since there are parts of the world that still force woman to be slaves essentially. And no, I'm not saying men aren't discriminated against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given those numbers, and given that on average (again, on average) men are capable of inflicting more damage than women..... if you had to choose to have a shelter for either men or women in your city, which would you choose? Not both, but one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Apparantly emotional abuse also doesn't count.
    That victim in the article I linked:
    Ian McNicholl, 47, has painful memories to remind him of the terror he endured when he found himself a male victim of domestic violence.

His then fiancee, Michelle Williamson, punched him in the face several times, stubbed out cigarettes on his body, lashed him with a vacuum cleaner tube, hit him with a metal bar and a hammer and even poured boiling water on to his lap. That at 6ft he was almost a foot taller than her made no difference. He still has burn marks on his left shoulder from when she used steam from an iron on him. Williamson, 35, is now serving a seven-year jail sentence for causing both actual and grievous bodily harm.

During the trial last year McNicholl told the court that, during more than a year of attacks and intimidation, he had lost his job, home and self-respect. He had been too scared to go to the police and had considered suicide. She was only arrested after two neighbours saw her punch him.
    Clearly he just needs to hit the gym so he can defend himself, right? It's his fault he was allowed to be the victim, right? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You're totally not getting the point being made. There's nothing wrong with legitimate concerns being raised, however the "Men's rights movement" as a group, are a joke.
    No, it's the radical assholes that are the tiny minority. The feminist movement had the same fucking thing. Dworkin and those nutty authors that wrote books about how great the world would be without men were considered as feminist as anyone else in the movement. You going to tell me the idiots in the MRM are worse and louder than people writing entire books about how all men should be killed?

Deleted
    Given those numbers, and given that on average (again, on average) men are capable of inflicting more damage than women..... if you had to choose to have a shelter for either men or women in your city, which would you choose? Not both, but one or the other.
    Your whole position rests on the assumption that we must have one or the other. Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't get the 19th Amendment till 1920...19 fucking 20...

Now in 2012 men are crying foul because....not enough male shelters? This is why its a joke.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No, it's the radical assholes that are the tiny minority. The feminist movement had the same fucking thing. Dworkin and those nutty authors that wrote books about how great the world would be without men were considered as feminist as anyone else in the movement. You going to tell me the idiots in the MRM are worse and louder than people writing entire books about how all men should be killed?
    I'm not sure what is so fucking complicated about "Men's Rights needs to work on how it is perceived if it wants to be taken seriously".

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I'll care about these equality crying feminists when I don't need to pay triple the price for car insurance that women pay, despite never being an in accident or being stopped by a cop in my life.
    So feminists are responsible for your car insurance rates? Did the feminists take over all the risk assessment jobs at the insurance companies recently or do men still hold the majority of those positions?

Yes, because shit like Sharon Osbourne laughing on network television about a man being mutilated by his soon-to-be-ex-wife totally isn't relevant either, right?
    So you're going to start a rights movement about the oppressed white male because a bunch of old cunts were laughing about a guy's dick being chopped off? Things happen, and everyone is going to face some sort of discrimination or another. What good is having a bunch of disgruntled men whining about how they aren't the topest top of the social spectrum anymore? As Skelington said, there are some issues, but come now, for what more are you asking than for her to get in trouble?
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-11-24 at 02:42 AM.

In what universe do you have to choose? We're not talking about theoretical but practical.

its a joke because men are the ones giving out the rights (or lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    We didn't get the 19th Amendment till 1920...19 fucking 20...

Now in 2012 men are crying foul because....not enough male shelters? This is why its a joke.
    Clearly you didn't read my earlier posts in this thread. You'd see what it's hardly a "joke".

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm not sure what is so fucking complicated about "Men's Rights needs to work on how it is perceived if it wants to be taken seriously".
    Yeah... you know that's like telling any movement they have to get rid of all their crazies if they want to be taken seriously?

The Tea Party routinely turns away crazy, loud, obscene and otherwise ridiculously unacceptable people. Guess who still takes the limelight?

You're never going to get rid of all the crazy people in a movement.