Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Watched this latest episode this morning. It was great. Probably the best episode of the Sanctum GBTV have yet produced. The frankness of the Qs & As were sorta refreshing.

    Very balanced and level headed view of the game in response to the questions. Sorta impressed with the final show. I detest and openly disrespect fandom. But I didn't feel the hosts crossed the line at all into obnoxiousness.

    Hm. Really good.

  2. #22
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Watched this latest episode this morning. It was great. Probably the best episode of the Sanctum GBTV have yet produced. The frankness of the Qs & As were sorta refreshing.

    Very balanced and level headed view of the game in response to the questions. Sorta impressed with the final show. I detest and openly disrespect fandom. But I didn't feel the hosts crossed the line at all into obnoxiousness.

    Hm. Really good.
    They were okay, I think they could be a little more interesting/entertaining at least, and the quality could be improved. Otherwise it was good, yes. Questions were spectacular and the type I think we all expected, and their answers were actually the ones I hoped they say, though sometimes I would have tweaked or added some more to the answers, but it was alright.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  3. #23
    During that one question about "Is Rift in trouble?" The gang started talking about how well Trion seems to be doing re: their additional titles being released. The only thing I wish someone would have brought up was Trion licensing their Red Door system. Trion's all about gaming, but they're not solely reliant on content release.

  4. #24
    I heard about some Russian FPS Trion is publishing. But the name of which eludes me. Kinda Call of Duty/Crysis/Counter Strike looking game.

    I don't play many FPS games myself. So not sure if those are accurate comparisons in terms of gameplay. Merely looked like those games at a casual glance.

    Basically Trion seem to have 4 games cooking and the red door licensing. They'll probably be an NcSoft of the west in years to come.

  5. #25
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,200
    What is this "Red Door system" you guys speak of?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What is this "Red Door system" you guys speak of?
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...p#.ULOsaoZYE-U

  7. #27
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,200
    Wow that's awesome. O_O
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What is this "Red Door system" you guys speak of?
    Aside from Fencers' link, take a look at the Trion logo again.

  9. #29
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Aside from Fencers' link, take a look at the Trion logo again.
    Well, I know their logo, but the way you guys said it denoted something more.

    Which it appears it is.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well, I know their logo, but the way you guys said it denoted something more.

    Which it appears it is.
    Right.

    When I first studied their logo I didn't quite understand why the "I" was designed as it was, then I started reading articles about the company. Here's another one, linked from Fencers' original: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...Initiative.php

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,877
    It was a good show. Like previous posters mentioned, I'm not sure if they would have enough drama to produce a weekly show around. Being a smaller game, you also won't find as many experts to have on the show. Personally, I would like a Rift show like "Buildcast" where they would review popular Soul Specs, how they function, and what they are best suited for.

  12. #32
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,200
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    It was a good show. Like previous posters mentioned, I'm not sure if they would have enough drama to produce a weekly show around. Being a smaller game, you also won't find as many experts to have on the show. Personally, I would like a Rift show like "Buildcast" where they would review popular Soul Specs, how they function, and what they are best suited for.
    Honestly they need Lore or someone like Lore on there to really liven it up, otherwise it will most certainly die. They were far too professional. I mean, show your humanity a bit more. :P Less of what I am expecting from boring people. =/
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  13. #33
    They need Mike B and Olivia Grace. They're both great. :>

    I don't even like Warcraft or play it. But the WoW show is great entertainment. Even as a relative outsider toward WoW, the changes/controversy in WoW is compelling stuff week after week.

    It's equal parts on-air talent and actual subject you're covering. Don't think many games can carry a show as Warcraft. Most games can't carry a podcast or fansite.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-26 at 07:47 PM.

  14. #34
    I don't think Mike does the wow show much anymore but I agree he is a great video personality for these types of shows. They need someone like that for the Rift show to make it engaging if they want it to last.

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I heard about some Russian FPS Trion is publishing. But the name of which eludes me
    It's called Warface and is developed by Crytek, who did Crysis 1 and 2 so the brand name is good

    Plenty of videos on YouTube, just picked a random gameplay one:



    If you want to read more on Trion's Red Door Tech, here's some info

    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/t...orm-interview/

    Latest Sanctum episode was just alright, for someone who didn't know about Rift, they showed no gameplay, no videos, nothing which was a bit disappointing

  16. #36
    In my opinion, you have great hosts, you don't need controversy for a good show. Convert to Raid is a FANTASTIC WoW podcast and a lot of it has to do with the chemistry between the guys. In the absolute lack of content from 4.3 to MoP, they still found ways to have good content. If there's really, truly nothing to talk about that week, maybe talk about Rift in general, like if it might ever go F2P, or its place in the MMO-sphere, just good discussion topics that aren't necessarily current news but still interesting and about Rift.

    Mike B, Olivia Grace, Lore are all awesome hosts, would love them on the show but I don't think any would ever play Rift now enough to become knowledgeable about it. Problem is, Rift is just way too small for there to be many good personalities and hosts to choose from. You need someone who plays Rift as their main game and is fun to listen to and watch, just not sure if they exist.

    Gary's awesome, his role isn't to be the knowledgeable one, he's just the main host that holds everything together.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    haha, It's definitely not :P there's soooooo much news/controversy that people just don't talk about, which only somebody as hooked on the game like me which challenge just to show how easy it is here is a few controversial topics I'll quickly list off the top of my head I'd look at discussing If I had some sort of high-rated RIFT show :P

    • New Chronicle initially advertised to be included with the release of Storm Legion, what happend to it? When is it being released?
    • The Denodrome, what's happend with that?
    • PVP - Damage on certain abilities to high, meaning certian classes and combinations can almost 1 shot a fully valor geared player
    • Conquest, when is it coming back and are Trion really happy with the state of it amusing its the same as pre-storm legion?
    • The Grind to 60, is it to much for casual players that can only afford to play a couple of hours a week?
    • World firsts - Does testing devalue them? Additional ways around player testing?
    • Do the new souls have a use in Endgame raiding?
    • Experts - To difficult to access and to hard for the average player
    • Crucia is almost down and Regulos soon to follow, whats happening next?
    • Hunt RIFTS: To much of a same old, same old grind to rank V greater Hunt RIFTS?
    • Various Zone event problems... Steepes of Infinity, fortress one capture overtuned so that literally at least 200+ Invasions spawned which at the same time crashed the EU servers (Co-incidence?)
    • Raid gear from Vendors a bit to expensive?
    • Could more stuff be done to encourage mentoring at 60?
    • Fishing Bots

    Literally threw this list together in 2 Minuites, I could probably at least double the size of topics, the problem is they don't actively play the game to the extent I do and similar players at my level do, therefore they are not terribly aware of all the issues that are happening.
    1.) Not coming until 2.1, they wanted people to hit max level as its a level 60 chronicle set in Tempest Bay and deals with Crucia attacking the city directly. Its called "A Hero's Rise".
    2.) Supposedly coming in 2.1 but I don't believe it. Its supposed to have a AQ style world event where we have to destroy the wall. But with 2.1 also being Fae Yule 2.0 I don't think we will see it till the new year in 2.2. We knew at least a month before SL launch that Dendrome wasn't coming until later. The chronicle pushback was more recent, like literally the week before.

    All the other questions good POI's for discussion. Even the first two you can mention as a informational point as alot of people don't know what the dev's said in various livestreams or on beta.

    One note about Conquest, it is being overhauled. Not sure how drastic but its supposed to be going up on the PTS in the next week or so for testing anew. I hope they do live testing as well so they get it right this time. PTS should be getting 2.1 stuff this week or next.

    Sanctum was cancelled due to lack of HOST interest and general interest. I don't think Gary was being disingenious when he said lack of news, but it was because none of them were playing the game and even cared to look for news. Its unfortunate but I get it. GBTV is after all a business.

    It may not be the final show. I think they may do one more this Friday which would be episode 50. Somewhat fitting as a way to go out. I kinda hope it keeps on but unless they can do it at a time when that other guy can participate I don't see it holding together. Jason plays all sorts of different MMO's, as does Gary only Q and the other guy who was on the livestream/launch party (Steven?) really are big rift fans and players.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-11-28 at 01:56 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    1.) Not coming until 2.1, they wanted people to hit max level as its a level 60 chronicle set in Tempest Bay and deals with Crucia attacking the city directly. Its called "A Hero's Rise".
    2.) Supposedly coming in 2.1 but I don't believe it. Its supposed to have a AQ style world event where we have to destroy the wall. But with 2.1 also being Fae Yule 2.0 I don't think we will see it till the new year in 2.2. We knew at least a month before SL launch that Dendrome wasn't coming until later. The chronicle pushback was more recent, like literally the week before.

    All the other questions good POI's for discussion. Even the first two you can mention as a informational point as alot of people don't know what the dev's said in various livestreams or on beta.

    One note about Conquest, it is being overhauled. Not sure how drastic but its supposed to be going up on the PTS in the next week or so for testing anew. I hope they do live testing as well so they get it right this time. PTS should be getting 2.1 stuff this week or next.

    Sanctum was cancelled due to lack of HOST interest and general interest. I don't think Gary was being disingenious when he said lack of news, but it was because none of them were playing the game and even cared to look for news. Its unfortunate but I get it. GBTV is after all a business.

    It may not be the final show. I think they may do one more this Friday which would be episode 50. Somewhat fitting as a way to go out. I kinda hope it keeps on but unless they can do it at a time when that other guy can participate I don't see it holding together. Jason plays all sorts of different MMO's, as does Gary only Q and the other guy who was on the livestream/launch party (Steven?) really are big rift fans and players.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I know all the answers to those questions, I just think there good topics for discussion :P

    I even did the chronicle like a month and a bit ago on beta ^^

    My Youtube Channel for RIFT Guides/Endgame Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •