10+ Year Old Account

Sirs, best leveling spec

What's the best leveling spec. I'm tanking dungeons until level 85 then questing. Is it Arms or Fury?

Personally, out of your choices, I found Arms to be much faster. Simply because of the Overpower / Colossus Smash procs that were pretty constant, I was shredding through mobs pretty consistently.

That being said, I enjoy pulling 8 quest mobs as Protection and soloing quests that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollFu View Post
    That being said, I enjoy pulling 8 quest mobs as Protection and soloing quests that way.
    Die by the Sword + Bladestorm + Recklessness + Victory Rush makes you pretty much an invincible killing machine as far as aoe goes.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Die by the Sword + Bladestorm + Recklessness + Victory Rush makes you pretty much an invincible killing machine as far as aoe goes.
    Long CD + Long CD + Long CD = not best strategy for leveling.

My plan was to go Arms and dual spec Prot for dungeons. Once I hit 30, a little testing shoeed me that Prot was a powerhouse AOE machine once you learn revenge and even the single target damage is pretty good (shield slam + devastate, which has no rage cost or cooldown and procs shield slam). I'm 62 now, and so far the only limiting factor on my pulling is how many mobs are nearby.

Deleted
    prot is indeed the powerhouse at the lower levels insane damage once you get devostate and revenge with no downtime seems to be no limit to how many mobs u can take on at one time, also i managed to solo RFD at 45 with full tanking heirlooms, second wind, crusader and victory rush pretty easily as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    Long CD + Long CD + Long CD = not best strategy for leveling.

My plan was to go Arms and dual spec Prot for dungeons. Once I hit 30, a little testing shoeed me that Prot was a powerhouse AOE machine once you learn revenge and even the single target damage is pretty good (shield slam + devastate, which has no rage cost or cooldown and procs shield slam). I'm 62 now, and so far the only limiting factor on my pulling is how many mobs are nearby.
    Except out of the four abilities fox listed, you only need one; victory rush. For leveling, everything else is just topping. The only way prot deals equivalent damage to arms is if you can stack vengeance, which only barely happens in dungeons. Out in the world questing, arms easily beats prot at just how fast it can destroy mobs, and you are rarely ever in any danger of dying, even with ridiculous pulls of 10+ mobs.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2012-11-25 at 12:22 PM.