Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I guess I never really notice the bot problem, maybe its not as prevalent in North America? I don't random BG much, and when I do - it's with guildies. But shouldn't the number of bots be roughly equal per faction - resulting in the relative power of players who are actually at keyboard rising? Like, if half of each BG is botting - you can just go do the objectives and win?

I think the argument that there is no MMR balancing in random BGs would make more sense - allowing gladiators and full malevolent wearing players to fight people in quest greens should be much more whine-worthy than allowing players to fight AFKs (unless the AFKs were complaining, but they aren't). Unless your getting outplayed by the bots or something?

Honestly I don't mean any offense - I just don't get how bots are a problem - both because I don't see them (maybe like 1 bot per BG per faction - on average?), and because I don't see how they pose a threat. Sure it would suck to get queued into a team consisting entirely of bots when the enemy team had no bots - but you are equally likely to get queued into an enemy team entirely of bots when you have no bots.
    This 100x.

I really don't see bots. I probably see them 1 in 10 Bgs. And when I do, I laugh and move along.

It has to be an EU problem.

Deleted
    Sorry that i sound offensive now im growing really tired of Blizzard.

Youre propably in EU where Blizzard doesnt give a crap.

Where Blizzard automessages every cheat-hack-bot report.

Where the blue replies are rarer than Feebas.

Where Blizzard doesnt bother banning people unless theres racism involved.

Where Blizzard leaves people stranded on a dead server such as 8 of my characters and they have done it for many years. Its unbeliviable how much Blizzard sucks. I am still saying to myself that Blizzard is not like this and have plans to help us but no, after SEEING the same damn bots for years and after being stranded on a dead server for years, i have to accept the terrible truth.

Sure, three months is acceptable to fix such a problem, but.. like.. 3 years? I mean with all the money they get from us, shouldnt we have some help?

I have been playing this game since Diablo 1 (and the first game i destroyed due to Diablo being impossible for me during that time) and i have been buying Blizzards games since then.

But now, i have my doubts. I havent bought SC2 yet because i hate Blizzard for stranding me on a dead server (i would be happy to migrate a pack of characters but only for the 35 bucks, no way im paying over 100). I bought annual pass for WoW and D3, D3 sucked hard, and i quit WoW cause i didnt have the motivation to play seeing all my characters stranded on a server. Went to the forum and saw YEARS OLD threads about this problem. Its redicilous that Blizzard just ignores us.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-11-25 at 10:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    To fix botting is so simple

REMOVE CLICK TO MOVE!!!!

Do this, Bots cannot move, they will be vote kicked for being AFK
    That would for for like, a week or maybe a month but bots would find a way without it.

If you really want to remove bots...remove lua.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    i can see why people are quitting over this, ive nearly quit for now. i mainly pvp, i dont play often and my arena partner quit in cata so ive stuck to doing random bgs with a friend or two, but ive basically stopped playing now, my sub runs out next month and i doubt i will re sub until the issue is fixed. a lot of people enjoy doing battlegrounds, and they have become unplayable 80% of the time.

its a serious issue and blizzard really needs to do something about it. they cant deny theres a problem for ever. i report all the bots i see in battlegrounds, doesnt do anything, blizzard rarely ban for botting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    I haven't been able to play MoP yet, but as a mostly random BG player also, I am really worried about what I am hearing about the bot situation.

Also, arena and Rated BG are not really an alternative to those who like to play BG. Arena is a whole other game, and RBG is a lot of waiting around for a handful of games, if you can find a group at all.

My friend just ordered MoP for me from Amazon yesterday (woot saved 20 bucks) So I guess I'll be seeing for my self soon when he emails me the key.

apparently the botting on the NA serves is not as bad as on the EU servers.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Bots do not use ingame lua, legit addons and the Blizzard UI does.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

People bot bgs because bgs are boring grind fests.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit a week ago thanks to bots too. it's an outrage really. Been happily subbed for 5 years straight but I'm done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrew View Post
    I quit a week ago thanks to bots too. it's an outrage really. Been happily subbed for 5 years straight but I'm done now.
    BG bots have been around since day 1 of BGs back 8 years ago. Just an FYI. You're not quitting because of bots, stop trying to make it out that you're. Bots have been all over the game years before you even started playing 5 years ago and they've been here plenty of time during those 5 years.

Its taken you 5 years to quit over it?

Yeah no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    BG bots have been around since day 1 of BGs back 8 years ago. Just an FYI. You're not quitting because of bots, stop trying to make it out that you're. Bots have been all over the game years before you even started playing 5 years ago and they've been here plenty of time during those 5 years.

Yeah no.
    Over all the years ive been playing (since pre TBC BS server) i have never EVER seen this happen before.

And dude, ive been playing diablo 2 WHILE playing wow and diablo 2 is the heaven of bots. So i should have noticed how many bots WoW had before this year.

Yeah no.
    If youre BG'ing on EU servers, you have to be blind to not have noticed the exponential increase in bots these past months...

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Nah, they gotta find a way/make a system to block third party software connected to WoW and botting which runs in background. How? I don't know.
    So if you use a botting program you'll get disconnected every time you try to log in with the botting program in background.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Just make a program which runs on witcherver server the BGs are running on and make it record whenever 2 people in the same BG clicks the exact same place or does the exact same action (clicking soulweel for instance), if they do the completely same action more than 5 times in a BG, ban them...

am I the only one who doesn't really notice bots?

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Over all the years ive been playing (since pre TBC BS server) i have never EVER seen this happen before.

And dude, ive been playing diablo 2 WHILE playing wow and diablo 2 is the heaven of bots. So i should have noticed how many bots WoW had before this year.
    I play US

Ive been BGing off and on these past 8 years.

Seen bots all over the years, no dramatic increase or decrease. Sometimes you get in a game with 10-15 botters, others you get in with 1 or 3. It's been the same pattern over the years in my experience. Theres no dramatic increase in bots lately, it's the same shit. At least on the US.

Can't speak for EU but im sure it's the same and you guys are just exaggerating for no good reason other than to sound dramatic

Deleted
    good riddance. Bots remove whiners from the game then blizz can remove the bots. It is a win win <3 blizz

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah no.
    Don't be a smart ass. I've never seen this many bots before. Sure there have been a lot of bots in the past. But not as much as now. Over half of the people in BG's seem to be botting now. Might be different on US servers as Blizz might give a damn to keep their own servers bot-free-ish but EU BG's are a mess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Bots do not use ingame lua, legit addons and the Blizzard UI does.
    They do not inject lua, but they do use it to learn about the game much easier.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I guess I never really notice the bot problem, maybe its not as prevalent in North America? I don't random BG much, and when I do - it's with guildies. But shouldn't the number of bots be roughly equal per faction - resulting in the relative power of players who are actually at keyboard rising? Like, if half of each BG is botting - you can just go do the objectives and win?

I think the argument that there is no MMR balancing in random BGs would make more sense - allowing gladiators and full malevolent wearing players to fight people in quest greens should be much more whine-worthy than allowing players to fight AFKs (unless the AFKs were complaining, but they aren't). Unless your getting outplayed by the bots or something?

Honestly I don't mean any offense - I just don't get how bots are a problem - both because I don't see them (maybe like 1 bot per BG per faction - on average?), and because I don't see how they pose a threat. Sure it would suck to get queued into a team consisting entirely of bots when the enemy team had no bots - but you are equally likely to get queued into an enemy team entirely of bots when you have no bots.

I agree. Those reactions are coming from kids wo lost a BG and blame it on bots.

You know I played thousands and thousands of BG's. I became Justicar with 2 characters and you know what? Only a handful of BG's were decided because more than one or two players were not real players.

What DID happen multiple times though is that I was accused of being a bot in AB. By chat they wanted to report me ... Simply because I stand between Stables and Gold Mine. As a healing paladin I cover these 2 points to join troops when needed... It is a perfect technique as you cover Stables and Gold Mine AND see the troop movements coming from the Blacksmith. But try it: every other time I use this technique, there is always an idiot who calls out : non moving bot spotted ...

There are many other ways I play without moving much: like when I am on my rogue, I always hover around Lumber Mill and use my spy glasses to see all troop movements and I COMMUNICATE --- which for AB is more important than going blindly into zerg mode.

Sigh, kids...

Deleted
    I wouldn't play WoW if I wasnt able to bot. The honor farm is just so terribly boring (partially because everyone else is also botting) Im just 1 out of thousands so it doesnt really make a difference what I do. Also the feeling of waking up with 4000 honor or 3 more levels is just so good!

To clarify why so many people have started to bot, a fairly new bot called --REMOVED-- is what everyone is using simply cause its just "plug n' play", older bots were much more complicated and took alot more time to setup. Its not hard to fall into the trap when all you have to do is go to webpage, pay a small fee and then press start.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-27 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    I have not been playing much bgs the last weeks but i have seen an increase in the whining about bots so i guess there is more of them now than it was a couple of months ago.
    You guys remember the instanity of bots during a periof of TBC? AV-games could be like 35-40 bots per team, but as people realised that this was the case more and more thought it was safe to start botting... and soon enough there was a huge banwave and all of them was gone for a fairly long time i would say.

The problem today is that atleast that is how i understand it, blizzard is more dependant on people actually reporting the bots now because it's harder to find out as they did before. I guess they will find a good way of searching for bots and then there will be a huge banwave again, could hope for that project to have some more success faster now though :P