10+ Year Old Account

New PC, WoW won't open.

Hey there guys, as the title says I recently bought a new pc, and I have a problem with WoW... Everytime I try open it, it just won't load. The launcher is working properly, but when I press Play, WoW pops up at my Processes panel as Wow.exe at about 6.7k and there will be no other window, it just stays like that.

Computer Specs:
    Asrock Z77 Pro4
    Intel i5 3570k
    8GB Ram
    285 GTX

Have you made sure all drivers are up-to-date and have you overclocked your CPU or GPU at all? My Wow-installations were always very sensitive to GPU-overclocks and old drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Have you made sure all drivers are up-to-date and have you overclocked your CPU or GPU at all? My Wow-installations were always very sensitive to GPU-overclocks and old drivers.
    No GPU or CPU overclock and drivers were recently updated (3-4 hours ago)
    Last edited by Deathguard; 2012-11-24 at 09:49 PM.

Is it a fresh install of WoW?

Deleted
    Windows updated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Is it a fresh install of WoW?
    Yes the install is "fresh"

Did you try going in to the world of warcraft folder in your programs folder and just try to open the game from there? Might work. But other than that I'm not sure why it wont open.

Planing on building my own new computer soon so I hope I don't run into this problem :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Did you try going in to the world of warcraft folder in your programs folder and just try to open the game from there? Might work. But other than that I'm not sure why it wont open.

Planing on building my own new computer soon so I hope I don't run into this problem :P
    Yes I did, and the same thing happened. Wow.exe came up as a process in the porcesses tab but it won't pop as a window

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Windows updated?
    Fully updated though not genuine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try reinstalling the game, if that doesn't work then try rolling back to a different GPU driver, I remember my 580's had issues with WoW where the screen would be black in a few occasions.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I had a similar problem when I installed a Gigabyte 660ti OC card. I could run WoW from the .exe, but the launcher would hang. On a whim I decided to uninstall the gigabyte software and everything was back to normal.

Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    Yes I did, and the same thing happened. Wow.exe came up as a process in the porcesses tab but it won't pop as a window

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:25 AM ----------

Fully updated though not genuine.
    You probably shouldn't acknowledge that you are stealing Windows when looking for help. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    You probably shouldn't acknowledge that you are stealing Windows when looking for help. Just saying...
    windows 7 can be run without a serial key

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    What difference does that make?

Deleted
    well considering windows can be gotten for cheaper than the cheapest computer parts and there are alternatives for free, some might object to the "stealing" bit.

i dont see how that can affect wow running so cant help that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    well considering windows can be gotten for cheaper than the cheapest computer parts and there are alternatives for free, some might object to the "stealing" bit.

i dont see how that can affect wow running so cant help that.
    Some updates are available only to genuine Windows users, that is why I mention it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Try reinstalling the game, if that doesn't work then try rolling back to a different GPU driver, I remember my 580's had issues with WoW where the screen would be black in a few occasions.
    As I said the instalation is "fresh", and the problem is that it won't even pop a window, it will just pop a process...