multi-monitor question

Comp: i7 proc, 850watt ps 6gb ram

I have a 27 monitor at 2650X1440 60hz for main gaming monitor and a 22 inch monitor for web/streaming. I Currently have a 560ti running both monitors but im seeing lag in sha and elegon.

Some research suggests I should split the monitors to 2 cards so i can have the 560ti dedicated for the 27" and another card to run the secondary given the higher resolution demands.

Does anyone have any experience switching between running a single to multiple cards? Will I see improvement? or is the card already high enough quality that it will not matter?

Only concerned with raid performance i know that the card will run wow in most normal applications.

P.S. already planning to add another 6 gb ram (triple parity board) and move up to a 660ti, still wondering about dual vs single card performance.

Is the lag you're seeing due to FPS drop or latency increase? I'm not sure how much bandwidth streaming takes but that may be the issue. I've been running 2 23" monitors with my old GTX 460 without any problems.

As for a dual card setup goes, you might see a performance increase if FPS is your issue, but I don't have first hand experience with 2 cards in one system.

Dual monitor doesn't affect your performance than a single monitor would, you don't need a second GPU, it would just be a waste of money for WoW.

You'll be better off with the 660ti due to the amount of games not utilizing SLI properly.

That sounds like an issue I was having a week ago. I would play WoW, or GW2, or any other MMO in fullscreen and play a movie or show in vlc, and wmp and it would lag my second monitor. If that sounds like your issue, I fixed it by overclocking my CPU.