Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Midwinter - Heroic Tsulong Exploit?

    I know they used combustion on Amber-Shaper Un'sok when it pretty much eliminated Phase 2 for their kill on that. But do you think this is an exploit? Decide for yourself and post your opinion. What I gathered from Tsulong is that they used a Guardian 4 piece that abused Might of Ursoc to heal the boss for the last 30% of his health in his day phase.

    You can see it at both Kripparrian and Six's streams.

    twitch.tv/sixthedk/b/342485099

    Go to the last 10 minutes.

    twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/342470337

    6:56:00 - 7:01:00
    Last edited by Pariala; 2012-11-24 at 01:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Or just clever use of game-mechanics?

  3. #3
    This one is easily Blizzard's fault.

  4. #4
    Not a exploit by any means.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    That is pretty much borderline ''A clever use of mechanics''

  6. #6
    Since when did high end raiding become about who could figure out the cleverest way to kill the boss with avoiding as much of the encounter as possible. Wall strats, combustion on amber-shaper un'sok to avoid phase 2, this which makes the fight dramatically easier. I mean when is the line drawn? The fact that they did this for a Top 5 US kill and guilds after that will be more challenged because they can't do this.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    Since when did high end raiding become about who could figure out the cleverest way to kill the boss with avoiding as much of the encounter as possible. Wall strats, combustion on amber-shaper un'sok to avoid phase 2, this which makes the fight dramatically easier. I mean when is the line drawn? The fact that they did this for a Top 5 US kill and guilds after that will be more challenged because they can't do this.
    They used a healing ability on a boss you have to heal.

  8. #8
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=78684
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=106922

    Guardian: Might of Ursoc also affects all raid and party members.

    clever use of game mechanics
    Last edited by Expensiveham; 2012-11-24 at 07:49 AM.

  9. #9
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    278
    Why do you feel the need for making threads like this? If its exploit you will see bans being handed out but if not, its clever use of game mechanics.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MaskEd View Post
    Why do you feel the need for making threads like this? If its exploit you will see bans being handed out but if not, its clever use of game mechanics.
    Then why would Sixthedk delete his video so others couldn't see it? Why would somebody be worried over nothing?

  11. #11
    Pretty much every guild that killed it, except for Blood Legion and maybe a couple other, Has used Rallying cry to heal the boss 20% (fixed recently) or druid 4 piece (one guild used 5 feral druids). I see it as clever use of game mechanics for now and it will be fixed for repeat kills so w/e. 90% of tsulong kills have used druid 4 piece or rallying cry to land the kill this week such as Stars and Wraith, midwinter is just a guild that streamed it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    Sixthedk deleted his video...
    He gave a good reason as to why he deleted it. I don't see how you can consider this an exploit. Stop QQing.

    Alea iacta est.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,729
    LOL @ the people saying ''clever use of game mechanics'', so if i bring 3 druids to the fight that have level 85 gear on (lol?) i can basicly win? And its just ''cleaver use of mechanics?'' Please dont make yourself look like a fool. Its an obvious exploit, dont think they really care but w/e, the Boss was about to wipe them when they used the Druid Bonus from what it seems like, so next week, when this is fixed, well they'll have to it cleanly.

    And to be honest, if you had to resort to exploiting on this boss you wont kill Sha-pre nerf just saying. So really it doesn't matter. Who cares.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-11-24 at 08:27 AM.

  14. #14
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    Then why would Sixthedk delete his video so others couldn't see it? Why would somebody be worried over nothing?
    You know that all of the top guilds use the exact same tactic? Right? You must know? Also gz from the first posts, chao.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    LOL @ cleaver use of game mechanics people , so if i bring 4 druids to the fight i can basicly win?And its just ''cleaver use of mechanis'' Please dont make yourself look like a fool. Its an obvious exploit, dont think they really care but w/e, the Boss was about to wipe them when they used the Druid Bonus, so next week, when this is fixed, well they'll have to it cleanly.

    And to be honest, if you had to resort to exploiting on this boss you wont kill Sha-pre nerf just saying. So really it doesn't matter. Who cares.
    >the majority of those 3/4 guilds used another form of this or even stacked this. look at their armories.

  16. #16
    So just because other guilds did this, this should be condoned? Why aren't any of these guilds getting banned? So because a game mechanic is available to pretty much cheat and kill a boss you should be.

    This is in the blizzard Terms of Service:

    Abuse of Game Mechanics
    The distinction between exploiting bugs and abusing game mechanics is a fine one. While bug exploitation involves the abuse of what is essentially a programming mistake, the abuse of game mechanics is the act of taking advantage of the limitations of the World of Warcraft game systems. Since the line between the sanctioned use and the abuse of game mechanics is sometimes unclear, we prefer to educate players before taking any action against the account be:ing used. This category includes using/distributing game mechanics in a manner unintended by their design that.

    Blizzard REMOVED rallying cry for a reason. After seeing this being publicized why would a guild go out of their way to find another way to do this? I mean where is the spirit of competition, seriously?
    Last edited by Pariala; 2012-11-24 at 07:56 AM.

  17. #17
    This was known about beforehand. There's no way they were the first.
    Jsz
    <Identity Crisis> US-Horde Mythic
    > twitch.tv stream <

  18. #18
    Kripp still has his stream video up, if you are curious you can check it out.

  19. #19
    Better question, why do you even care? its not like they are world #1 guild. (which all the guilds before them probably used similiar things anyways)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    LOL @ cleaver use of game mechanics people , so if i bring 4 druids to the fight i can basicly win?And its just ''cleaver use of mechanis'' Please dont make yourself look like a fool. Its an obvious exploit, dont think they really care but w/e, the Boss was about to wipe them when they used the Druid Bonus, so next week, when this is fixed, well they'll have to it cleanly.

    And to be honest, if you had to resort to exploiting on this boss you wont kill Sha-pre nerf just saying. So really it doesn't matter. Who cares.
    How is it not clever use of game mechanics ? And where is the bug, I mean when blizzard designs an encounter and designs the abilities of the encounter wouldn't you think they would take a few minutes to discuss what class abilites, items, set bonus, etc could or would have an effect on the encounter that they did not intend.

    It's not like the tier set was bugged and the encounter certainly isn't bugged. The fight works the same whether they use rallying cry or druid set bonus anyway so I fail to see the exploit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •