Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Exploit in my opinion. Used an unintented bug to gain an advantage, it's 100 % an exploit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:53 AM ----------

Since when?
    There. Was. No. Bug. Do you know what a bug is? They didn't use a bug to their advantage. They used a tier bonus that caused might of ursoc to affect the raid. Which is exactly what it is supposed to do. A bug is using saronite bombs to reconstruct the platform on LK. Do you see the difference?

And "Since when" what?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

It's kind of funny that the kill is actually harder for the guilds a week or two after them, who have to do it the "proper" way without cheesing mechanics because they got hotfixed xD

Kudos to those guys!

I normally defend clever use of game mechanics, but this is the epitome of exploiting.

They exploited the 4pc set bonus. It's as simple as that.

Should they get banned? It's really a slippery slope. CLEARLY (even thought it's their fault at a basic level) they didn't intend people to use level 85 gear for a level 90 heroic raid boss. On the other hand, you could say they shouldn't because it's not like they had to do something special to make it work on the boss.

HLK for example, there was no way for anyone to know saronite bombs would rebuild the platform. Sure after a while, you can make an educated guess that the bombs were doing it, but still.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    It wasn't an exploit, it was a dumb oversight from the blizzard dev team, that as always can't seem to design encounters without bugs.

I don't see blizzard doing anything about this because they didn't use anything to create an exploit (using abilities to advantage does not count as exploit).
    This is the reason why I personally feel they shouldn't be banned. Again though, it's a slippery slope, having to go back through every item in the game (remember trinkets from previous expansions sometime are OP until blizz catches on) would take an absolute shitload of time for every new boss they design. I don't think they should be banned, but obviously it should be fixed.

They didn't exploit the 4pc bonus. Exploiting the 4pc bonus would be if the 4piece bonus affected a spell or ability or mechanic that it wasn't designed to.

As it stands, the feral druid 4pc T13 is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. The fact that it was overlooked by Blizzard is a gaffe on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by jsz; 2012-11-25 at 03:02 AM.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    They didn't exploit the 4pc bonus. Exploiting the 4pc bonus would be if the 4piece bonus affected a spell or ability or mechanic that it wasn't designed to.

As it stands, the feral druid 4pc T13 is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. The fact that it was overlooked by Blizzard is a gaffe on Blizzard's part.
    If you know the definition of exploit, you would realize they definitely "exploited" the 4pc bonus. Exploiting is nothing more than using something to your advantage. Semantics, I know, but still. :>

Deleted
    Exploit : To take advantage of (a person, situation, etc.), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends.

Maybe people claiming bypassing 30+% of the encounter is not an exploit should check up on what it actually means.

It will be hotfixed and no further action will be taken is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post

Actually its NOT working as intended, the intend was to raise the HP of party/raid members, since when is the boss part of your raid just because its friendly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I normally defend clever use of game mechanics, but this is the epitome of exploiting.

They exploited the 4pc set bonus. It's as simple as that.

Should they get banned? It's really a slippery slope. CLEARLY (even thought it's their fault at a basic level) they didn't intend people to use level 85 gear for a level 90 heroic raid boss. On the other hand, you could say they shouldn't because it's not like they had to do something special to make it work on the boss.

HLK for example, there was no way for anyone to know saronite bombs would rebuild the platform. Sure after a while, you can make an educated guess that the bombs were doing it, but still.
    Huge difference between LK saronite bombs and this. The saronite bombs were causing a glitch in the program causing the platform to rebuild. That is a bug. That was a problem with the program that they chose to continue to do.

The 4 piece did what it is supposed to do. Make Might of Ursoc affect the raid. There is no bug there. There is no glitch in the program. They used gear that they already had available that didn't alter or cause a bug in the game. There are people that were using the Mirror of Broken images on Lei Shi with very good results. Is that now an "exploit"?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Exploit and abuse of game mechanics are pretty similar. Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Still, this isn't as bad as some past exploits. Anything Exodus and Ensidia ever did. Silly things like tanking Chimaeron in the door so the sound waves went into the wall. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Huge difference between LK saronite bombs and this. The saronite bombs were causing a glitch in the program causing the platform to rebuild. That is a bug. That was a problem with the program that they chose to continue to do.

The 4 piece did what it is supposed to do. Make Might of Ursoc affect the raid. There is no bug there. There is no glitch in the program. They used gear that they already had available that didn't alter or cause a bug in the game. There are people that were using the Mirror of Broken images on Lei Shi with very good results. Is that now an "exploit"?
    Define "raid", does the boss show up in your raidframes? If not, then the boss isn't part of your raid. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    This one is easily Blizzard's fault.
    reminds me of draenei's racial heal on Valithria Dreamwalker
    Where you would get 3 draenei and in 10-20 sec you've done that fight on heroic.... sucks they fixed it cause was fun loot pinata XD
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Technically speaking, yes that is an exploit. Again, it's all on blizzard for not realizing what older gear is capable of.

You know, the easiest way blizzard can solve a great deal of these gear "exploits", is to simply make the gear not usable to a next expansion max level toon, or simply disallow gear with previous tiers ilvl in the instances.

If you guys really want to get technical about gear "exploiting", look at Martin's Fury, the guy wasn't banned because he received the item from a GM and didn't report it. The guy was banned because he used an On Use ability on the gear that clearly wasn't meant to be used. Might of Ursoc clearly wasn't meant to be used on the boss. It's actually becoming clearer and clearer to me now that if they do get banned, can't say I would blame blizzard.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-11-25 at 03:12 AM.

Define "raid", does the boss show up in your raidframes? If not, then the boss isn't part of your raid. :P
    Was Dreamwalker in your raid frames?

4 set, works on raid

Tsulong, isn't part of your raid group....

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Was Dreamwalker in your raid frames?
    I think you are proving my point? Therefor, no the boss is not "in your raid". Your raid consists of 10/25/40 people.

Deleted

The problem in that situation weren't that the platform was rebuild but that Ensidia used the bug to gain an advantage by skipping the hardest part of the encounter, simply avoiding killing the valkyrs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    I know they used combustion on Amber-Shaper Un'sok when it pretty much eliminated Phase 2 for their kill on that. But do you think this is an exploit? Decide for yourself and post your opinion. What I gathered from Tsulong is that they used a Guardian 4 piece that abused Might of Ursoc to heal the boss for the last 30% of his health in his day phase.

You can see it at both Kripparrian and Six's streams.

twitch.tv/sixthedk/b/342485099

Go to the last 10 minutes.

twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/342470337

6:56:00 - 7:01:00
    Just as much of an Exploit as Exodus using a Pally in Yogg 0 with RF, As much of an Exploit as Nihilum using flower power in Ulduar, As much of an Exploit as Grenades on Lich Kings platform. Yes it's an exploit, it wasn't designed to be used it's not a clever use of game mechanics it's exploiting game mechanics plain and simple.

Has also been fixed so no one else can use it so they got a freebie that everyone else will have to work for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you are proving my point? Therefor, no the boss is not "in your raid". Your raid consists of 10/25/40 people.
    So player pets aren't part of your raid either?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The different to Rallying Cry + Unholy Frenzy with Ursocs Might is that you've to intentionally wear the 4pc bonus to get it working. So every raid who did it was fully aware of it. Read the ToS regarding exploiting bugs.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:24 AM ----------

Probably they're just humans... just a theory. During Valithria this skills/4pc bonus didnt exist or they werent % increases.
    indeed, when 4.0 came out and drenai racial was changed to heal for 20% of max hp, a few drenai used it on dreamwalker and completely cheesed it. so dreamwalker did have this issue, just the spells/items didnt exist i guess

Said it before and I'll say it again: If it's IN the game...its legit. It isn't their fault Blizzard fails at coding...as long as you aren't using a 3rd party program...you aren't cheating.

Clever use of game mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Just as much of an Exploit as Exodus using a Pally in Yogg 0 with RF, As much of an Exploit as Nihilum using flower power in Ulduar, As much of an Exploit as Grenades on Lich Kings platform. Yes it's an exploit, it wasn't designed to be used it's not a clever use of game mechanics it's exploiting game mechanics plain and simple.

Has also been fixed so no one else can use it so they got a freebie that everyone else will have to work for.
    Tell me what you think the difference is between what you consider an exploit and what you consider a clever use of game mechanics.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t