Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    Said it before and I'll say it again: If it's IN the game...its legit. It isn't their fault Blizzard fails at coding...as long as you aren't using a 3rd party program...you aren't cheating.

Clever use of game mechanics
    So, going into arena war game with your friends, blinking through the wall. Goin far enough to hit a magic line where he sees you as unfriendly and you see him as friendly, you trade and before you both hit accept on the super expensive item/s you pull your net cable out and BAM you duped the items.

Or what about, trade someone and when you go to walk through an instance portal hit accept you DC, relog and you can then "open" or combine the item and it will never go away, granting you 10000s of items for nothing...

It's in the game, clever use of game mechanics.

Deleted
    people have been doing this for ages, remember when mages used to use t9 4 set bonus and pop mirrior images before the fight, then switch to the current tier as the boss was pulled to get an insane spell power buff - blizzard know people do this, they should have expected it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Blizzard programming team is full of fail. How could they miss this when they literally fixed Rallying Cry + Unholy Frenzy 3 days ago? AFAIK Valithria Dreamwalker didn't have any of these bugs, so Blizzard obviously had experience with the heal friendly NPC type boss mechanic.
    Gift of the Naaru (back when it was based on % health of whoever it was healing not % health of caster) says hi. They are human, they don't have the sheer manpower needed to hunt down every single possible bug and fix it before it is released.

Abusing game mechanics is exploitation, people saying it is clever use of mechanics and NOT an exploit are just plain wrong. Yes it is clever use, it is also unintended and exploiting. Exploiting something they missed is still exploiting. Blizzard should have fixed it ahead of time, but people using it were choosing to use it when it was obviously unintended considering other abilities that were changed to prevent such things from happening. It isn't blizzard's fault that people CHOSE to exploit it, blizzard did not make that choice for them.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-11-25 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaskEd View Post
    Why do you feel the need for making threads like this? If its exploit you will see bans being handed out but if not, its clever use of game mechanics.

They don't ban sponsored players. Look what happened with Swifty

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    So, going into arena war game with your friends, blinking through the wall. Goin far enough to hit a magic line where he sees you as unfriendly and you see him as friendly, you trade and before you both hit accept on the super expensive item/s you pull your net cable out and BAM you duped the items.

Or what about, trade someone and when you go to walk through an instance portal hit accept you DC, relog and you can then "open" or combine the item and it will never go away, granting you 10000s of items for nothing...

It's in the game, clever use of game mechanics.
    I find both of those to be hilariously legit...if its in the game, oh well...
    Last edited by SkitZoFrenic; 2012-11-25 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    There. Was. No. Bug. Do you know what a bug is? They didn't use a bug to their advantage. They used a tier bonus that caused might of ursoc to affect the raid. Which is exactly what it is supposed to do.
    Tsulong isn't part of their raid.
    Also, the Set Bonus doesn't heal, it increases the max HP for 20 seconds and then removes said HP.
    Do you see the difference?

Huge difference between LK saronite bombs and this. The saronite bombs were causing a glitch in the program causing the platform to rebuild. That is a bug. That was a problem with the program that they chose to continue to do.

The 4 piece did what it is supposed to do. Make Might of Ursoc affect the raid. There is no bug there. There is no glitch in the program. They used gear that they already had available that didn't alter or cause a bug in the game. There are people that were using the Mirror of Broken images on Lei Shi with very good results. Is that now an "exploit"?
    As a guardian who used the 4piece at 85: It is not working as it should be in this case. The 4 piece caused the raid to gain 30% (50% if glyphed) of YOUR health. So, a bear using it on Tsulong should only cause him to gain 30/50% of the BEAR'S health. That amount dropping off in night phase would be insignificant.

It's bugged simply because the 4piece wasn't even functioning like it should be, ignoring the massive, known exploitation of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It is an exploit,please stop makeing yourself look like a fool, Why did blizzard remove the Warrior cry and Frenzy from beeing benefitial to the boss? and just because is possible that other guilds did it doesnt make it any less of an exploit, but yeah no one actually cares, since in all reality, they wont kill sha if they had to resort to this, which tbh, is what people really care about. Still kinda shitty, but meh, just move on tbh.
    You keep saying they won't kill Sha (lol pre-nerf) because they had to resort on this. Stop it, makes you look dumb. Really, it's like the 3rd time you keep saying it. This is not your average semi-hardcore guild that you're used to. We're talking about a top 5 us guild. If took 29 attempts to kill Tsulong with this method. (yes I don't call it an exploit because it ain't) then killing it the normal way would've taken what? Maybe 20 more tries or so, but they would've killed it in the end anyway.

Also they will kill Sha, just because they can. Don't be jealous because they have more skill and they are smarter than you when it comes to boss mechanics and know how to overcome them.

And for everyone calling it an exploit: you're an idiot.

Should they be banned? Probably not. They didn't really use any exploit other than what was mechanically intended. But it's clear that Blizzard didn't foresee this and they will fix it in a very short order.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Seems like someone's just mad that another guild is getting content that a certain someone can't get...

Quote Originally Posted by PityTheLoveFool View Post
    Seems like someone's just mad that another guild is getting content that a certain someone can't get...
    What do you expect... This is Wow bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    >the majority of those 3/4 guilds used another form of this or even stacked this. look at their armories.
    I can proudly say <vodka> did not use this or anything close to this to get our kill.

well, if you want to rely on gimmicks/bugs to kill heroic bosses, I guess you have to live with yourself at the end of the day.

it's like cheating on a test, but not getting caught. do you feel good about it?

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Exploit : To take advantage of (a person, situation, etc.), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends.

Maybe people claiming bypassing 30+% of the encounter is not an exploit should check up on what it actually means.

It will be hotfixed and no further action will be taken is my guess.
    and then fraud guilds like midwinter will keep their progress with the combustion/t13 exploits, while other guilds struggle to get a legit kill.

how fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    Since when did high end raiding become about who could figure out the cleverest way to kill the boss with avoiding as much of the encounter as possible. Wall strats, combustion on amber-shaper un'sok to avoid phase 2, this which makes the fight dramatically easier. I mean when is the line drawn? The fact that they did this for a Top 5 US kill and guilds after that will be more challenged because they can't do this.
    So are you saying they should stop using combustion?

Huge difference between LK saronite bombs and this. The saronite bombs were causing a glitch in the program causing the platform to rebuild. That is a bug. That was a problem with the program that they chose to continue to do.

The 4 piece did what it is supposed to do. Make Might of Ursoc affect the raid. There is no bug there. There is no glitch in the program. They used gear that they already had available that didn't alter or cause a bug in the game. There are people that were using the Mirror of Broken images on Lei Shi with very good results. Is that now an "exploit"?
    Even if we say Tsulong is in the raid and supposed to get healed by MoU, the gained 30% HP (or +20% with the glyph) is supposed to fade away after 20 seconds. But, when Tsulong gets to 100% HP, the fight ends. Can you see the problem with that?

Still don't care though. Not my guild, not my problem...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    well, if you want to rely on gimmicks/bugs to kill heroic bosses, I guess you have to live with yourself at the end of the day.

it's like cheating on a test, but not getting caught. do you feel good about it?

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:48 AM ----------

and then fraud guilds like midwinter will keep their progress with the combustion/t13 exploits, while other guilds struggle to get a legit kill.

how fair!
    Yes thats how it is with bugs, they fix them and those that didn't take advantage of it when they could get to feel better about themselves for doing it the legit way.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    So player pets aren't part of your raid either?
    You do realize player pets show in raid frames, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    I can proudly say <vodka> did not use this or anything close to this to get our kill.
    Tell your gm to shave.

Also I hate you guys for stealing US first alysrazor from me by like a few hours. My gm had a mental breakdown over that and kicked at least 2 people that night.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-25 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are fucking retards. If this is an exploit so is Paragon using this trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=56400 - For their world first Heroic Rag kill and it should be revoked.

Don't be so aggressive and insulting
    Last edited by Millennía; 2012-11-25 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    So are you saying they should stop using combustion?
    you clearly have no idea how the combustion exploit worked.