Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is that one fun spec is no longer sufficient to keep my interest, I require a class where I can really enjoy at least 2 of the 3 available specs. If I'm primarily a healer and satisfied with it, I also need to be satisfied with 1 other spec in the same way. Respeccing to a dps spec that I hate to do dailies is impossible for me.

The concept of having a "main" is something that basically dates from the first and second generations of MMO gaming. You had to pick one toon because so much stuff in a game was so extremely inaccessible, gated and almost a life task. Also, back when raiding was an extremely rigid thing, you probably wouldn't light-mindedly "reset" your whole "career" in a raid guild and hamper their progress by switching to another toon or jumping back and forth.

That kind of stuff is almost a non-issue in modern day online gaming, so I guess there isn't really a "good" reason for having a strict main character except for being especially attached to him for some reason. Or perhaps being able to play him on an exceptional level of prowess that you would never reach on another character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 90s. Initially I was super psyched about playing my Rogue so he was the first out of the gate trotting to 90 in 2 days(would have been much sooner but I had a non reschedulable appointment on launch day.) Scaling was terrible, horrendous(less damage than I did at 85) output until I was almost full epics which brought me up to acceptable levels. I'd rather not even discuss PvP, but I can still give a decent player a run for their money. The lack of attention to Rogues (historically and currently) makes me really rethink maining one but I still really enjoy the gameplay and vibe.

Next was my Warrior because he's my herber. HUGE profit in the first weeks from herbs/inks/flasks. Even though they're "OP" I'm terrible at Warrior PvP.

Next was my long time main of 4 years, Mage. After spending The entirety of Dragon Soul/leveling/Panda-land as a Melee I can't stand casting. I feel so...slow. I'm sure it has to do with the gear level/immersion factor from playing melee with 0 cast bars for so long.

Currently working on my Paladin, he was my first toon I ever made. He's been Alliance, Horde, Human, Dwarf, and now Blood Elf.

I'm sure over the coming months I'll get my Druid, Shaman, and Monk at the least to 90 and open the farm up. Only time will tell. NOMOREDAILIESPLS^_^

I usually play one toon for a couple months til it gets too boring, then I'll level something else and get a fresh perspective. It's almost a different game going from a Warrior to a Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    If you mean do I play my alts? Yes, I do, but not to the degree I did back in cata, I just honestly cant be f'd to do the reps all over again.
    This. And I play more other games than I did during DS. Levelled like 6 85s during T13, have 2 90s and only actually play one of them(my Brewmaster/Windwalker)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If raiding is something interesting/hard to your or for some reason you can't raid, it's perfectly normal for you enjoying more than 1 toon. I have some in-game friends that do not raid for different reasons and they exactly the same as you do. They already have 4-5 toons at max level, doing a lil bit of everything with every char.

It's not something crazy/bad/you have to apologize for. Enjoy the game :P

I'm an altoholic. I swore in Mop I would only have one. My monk wins way more than my druid in Lfr lol. At some point 10 man raiding will drop gear my main can use >.< Blood Spirits FTl. Anyway leveling my dwarf paly atm. He doesn't count towards my 1 alt. He's alliance

Deleted
    Got a Priest Main, i raid with her on our guild run..
    Its the class i like the most, but outside of raiding she is done (cept for rep/dailies which i dont do).

Got 2 other 90's i like to play with, H.Pally and a R.Druid, i log them more than my priest atm due to being in the gearing process and the druid being my Gatherer (Mine/Herb) and even planning on getting Fishing done next to getting him raid ready as well.

Got 2 lvl 85 of which i just log to do a dungeon when im bored (DK tank and Mage) and to do my tillers farm, and got back to my R.Shaman (33 atm) which is on her way to 90.

Am i an altoholic ? dunno..
    Well now that i think of it, i might just be one

Deleted
    Not really. My mage have been my main for quite a long time (since the very beginning) but I do like to play on my alts now and then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    This.
    I personally look at the end game grind now and think "oh, f**k that". It was fine when I had one main, and even enjoyable back in BC. But now? with 10 toons I have levelled? I look at them and think, "meh, sod it", and instead find myself turning WoW off.
    Thats why they alts, u dont have to do it, heck u dont have to do it on ur main at all.
    And if u wanna do it, wait till 5.1 it goes quicker and if u VP capped on ur main (which is easy to do according to a hunter in my guild as i havent been capped even since MoP).

She does Dailies before server maintainment, doesn't turn them in but log out @ quest givers. Logs in next morning when servers back online and turn in the quests. She still have the increased VP buff from being VP Capped from pre-server reset which goes away after u log to different char. Its minor increase but still an increase in getting VP capped again. Do the first day 5-man bonus + lfr and she is nearly capped on the first day so her alts getting the buff on day 2 after reset and her alts are always VP capped within the half of the time spend on her main by just doing daily 5-man and LFR.

Just saying, doesnt have to be a long grind (specially now that all LFR has opened) as for rep just wait till 5.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Have 14 toons.. 4 at 90, (monk, Warlock, Hunter and warrior) and several at 86-87 the rest are 85... I stopped playing recently as I just didn't like the feel of any of the classes I've tried since the changes... I refuse to level all my toons to 90 just to find a new main. I used to love levelling (hence so many toons) but the levelling in Mop is definatley a chore.

I am, I'm just not doing reps on all of my alts. That would drive me mad quite quickly. No, I just like playing them in heroic 5-mans and the occasional LFR.