Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

still an altaholic?

3 years and I still character hop between all my toons. I thought for sure monk was the class I will stick with. Apparently not. I mean, should I be complaining about this? Should I try to stop character bouncing or just keep doing it if it keeps me entertained?

I just find it weird that everyone has a main and I don't. Feel like an idiot when people ask me what is my main and I say don't have one.

If you mean do I play my alts? Yes, I do, but not to the degree I did back in cata, I just honestly cant be f'd to do the reps all over again.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    You are just playing the game a different way. There is not right or wrong as long as you are having fun. Personally, I tried to level many characters but I hate leveling so much that I usually give up around lvl 60-70. Besides, it feels like an obligation to me that I have to cap the points every week on every character. So I stick with my druid and if I feel bored, I gain a couple of lvls on one of my alts.

10chars on +86 my monk still is 77due to health issues not able to raid or do dungeons, due to CRZ no longer enjoying the game as it was on a almost dead pvp realm, to many people walking around but yes i always found it strange that people in guild demanded you to have a main.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an altaholic myself - I tried every class and every dps spec before ever settling on two to level to 85 back in Cata - finally settled on a frost mage and elemental shaman. The mage was my first 85, but I got tired of it and got my ele shammy to 85 and ever since he has been my main. However, right now I have two alts that I care about almost as much as my main (an affliction lock and spriest, both in the upper 80s) and I also plan to get my mage to 90 after them. My shammy is my main, but I still devote a good amount of time to my primary alts. I like switching between toons to mix up my playstyle - some people hate it, as they don't want to learn multiple classes/specs or just prefer to focus on one, but with my wandering attention I like to have backup toons I can switch to when my ele shammy is overplayed.

Deleted
    I don't see a problem with you not having a main.

I used to do a lot of bouncing too, I did have a main though, since I raided, but there's nothing wrong with not having a main.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the main question is a problem for you, just pick a character to call your "main". I did that for a long time, before I managed to break my altoholicism. For example, at the end of Wrath my Resto druid was one of my most-played and best-geared characters, so whenever anyone asked what my main was I'd say "Resto druid".

I am an altoholic, I mean I have a new character almost weekly. I can;t bring myself to level past 20....ever. As for a main, I have one, my warrior where I got the name I'm using right now. Do you need a main? No, enjoy the game the way you want.

I think my first char (druid) will always be my "main" , purely because I've done so much on her, raiding and progression wise.

However, since I've been went to casual play I don't feel I NEED to do everything on her. I have levelled her first up in MoP, and she will probably always be my most played character, but I'm not so driven as I was, and can take the time to enjoy my alts more. Absolutely loving my ele shammy at the moment apart from the whole totem change. Still only 87 on her, but I'm enjoying the hell outta it

Point being, don't feel you HAVE to have a main, keep playing in the way that makes you happy. If you don't raid and only pop in the LFR, there's really no need to have one, just do whatever you want to do in order to keep playing and enjoying. If you get "forced" into picking a toon, then you'll find you don't enjoy it as much

Hope that helps
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    i lvl'd my main(mage) to 90 and got my pally to 87, couldnt stand questing anymore so i just play my mage now =\

Deleted
    My shaman is my main, i get everything done on him, get him the best gear i can, read up the class in details and have him in a raid team, but that doesn't prevent me from having 7 other lvl 90's by now, i just don't focus as much on them as I do my "main".

There is nothing wrong with playing alts, but when in a raid group it's different. We had a couple of people back in DS that thought we would gear up their characters to progress in the raid, and when they didn't have any loot to gain from the bosses we had on farm they would ask to switch to a "new" main flavor of the week, with crappy gear effectively setting us back in progression.

yes, i get easily bored with the class mechanics after all these years, and I thought monk would let me last longer than I anticipated. I was wrong and now character hopping again.

I used to be. And then Cataclysm destroyed the fun of creating a new character. So I can't stand to level another character from scratch, since I am forced to go through the shitfest that is 1-60. I did make a monk, and she is at 69 now. Only reason is the extra 50% she can get from her enlightenment buff. Now, I just play my characters that I already had at 85, though I plan to get the monk to max. Can't stand to make a brand new character anymore.

Deleted
    people had plenty of time to level alts in cata. In mop you are busy as hell with the dailies if you want those reps 'n' mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yeah because we are freaking 2 months into, jesh....

If you wanted to do the same in cata you'd be chain-running dungeons ever day instead of doing dailies.

Also the current valor gear will (as usual) be pretty pointless after the first patch.
    I forgot to mention dragon soul patch... The patch that granted me 4 extra lvl 85's

and yeah, we're only a couple of months into mop.

I have a problem with rolling the same class. I am currently working on my third warrior :/ and I have two pallies and two hunters.

Deleted
    No, this expansion is not very alt friendly. It's funny now they have introduced so much stuff to do outside of raiding, I just tend to play the game less.

More content for the sake of it is never good!

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past I maintained a lot of alts. I got rid of most of them pre-expansion. I'm happy now that I did for the most part. My main has plenty to do and I wouldn't be inclined to play my alts a lot even if I'd kept them. Since there's no point to them just sitting around, I suppose I've been 'cured' of altoholism for now. I guess a relapse is possible at any time though when there isn't much to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I could probably be considered an altoholic since all my characters are 70+, except mage and I haven't made a priest yet...but I'm getting the want to. Either way, I play my Paladin the most and he was the first character I made and stuck with for the longest time so he's my main. As of now with the bajillions of dailies and rep grinding there is at 90...I've only dabbled a bit with alts and leveling. The only 90s I have atm are my paladin and my monk.

I'm not sure if I'll be rep grinding on all of my toons...most likely will not. Gonna do all of them on my Paladin and possibly do Tillers for everyone else but that's probably it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Havent made another alt in 3 years. Ill keep it that way. I HATE leveling