Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,739

    Blizzard do not ban cheaters.

    IDK why i am doing this. This is not a name and shame thread because you had the chance to meet the dude himself and question him about anything. This is just a thread about why the one you report never gets banned.

    The reason is that theres a huge percentage of the playerbase that are indeed cheaters, i guess. Blizzard are desperate and they do not want to take action for these cheaters no mather what.

    This dude Mynameissam has tried to get himself banned. He wanted to prove that Blizzard indeed completely ignores cheaters and botters and risked his own account for it.

    He reported himself several times talking to GMs that seemed to be auto bots (yeah they look up the word "bot, cheat" and just go auto because they want to do their best to not ban these guys) WHILE he was hacking. Once, he capped the flag once and flied up the sky just having a picnic there while chatting with a GM. He said "come here have a picnic with me lol" but nothing happened.

    Trying to spread the information, he got himself banned from the forum only.

    Origination:


    Forums / Comments




    Ban Type:


    in-game activities that violate the Terms of Use.




    Expires:


    Permanent




    Ban Reason:


    Posting Cheats, Hacks, Trojan Horses or Malicious Programs
    - If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
    - Be permanently banned from the forums

    By: Mynameissam, L85 Worgen Death Knight, Auchindoun
    Forum > General
    Thread Title:
    Im learning to be like a monk
    Reply #1
    Timestamp:
    10-Sep-2012 09:20:21
    Using the spiritual energy of my butt:Phttp://i45.tinypic.com/f253xt.jpg (DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK IF YOURE OFFENDED)


    The link is SAFE i can tell you that. Its tinypic..

    Just wanted to show you why so many people are cheating. I dont know how you can get away with this. Theory is that theres so many botters and cheaters around that they want to keep them like that because banning them would make the game look dead.

    He said he will be online the next 20 minutes, if you want to ask him some questions, insult him or have his autograph, be sure to log in there.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2012-11-24 at 11:10 PM.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  2. #2
    90% of Warcraft are cheaters? Really? you have Evidence for this?

  3. #3
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    90% of Warcraft are cheaters? Really? you have Evidence for this?
    My first thought as well. It's hard to take the rest of this seriously with a stat like that in the first sentence

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,739
    Otherwise he would get instantly banned for reporting that he is indeed cheating WHILE he is cheating? The botters/cheaters must be a big part of the game, big enough to not get banned because that would hurt the economy.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    My first thought as well. It's hard to take the rest of this seriously with a stat like that in the first sentence
    I wonder if OP is one of that 90%, but I'm not going to ask him, cause you know he's gonna say he's not.

  6. #6
    Crazy statement with no proof, this is going to end well.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Otherwise he would get instantly banned for reporting that he is indeed cheating WHILE he is cheating? The botters/cheaters must be a big part of the game, big enough to not get banned because that would hurt the economy.
    if 90% are cheating I openly challenge you to offer your evidence, AND I challenge you to show where I've cheated, should you fail or refuse to offer acceptable evidence then I'll dismiss you as a liar and full of crap.

  8. #8
    its funny how people are bitching about 1 number in the topic and completely ignore the actual reason for the topic.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    its funny how people are bitching about 1 number in the topic and completely ignore the actual reason for the topic.
    topic might have merit, the flat out lies and distortion destroys any potential merit.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,739
    What kind of proof do you want then?

    Go ahead chat with him if you think im trying to make him look like an idiot.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    What kind of proof do you want then?
    You can start with where the HELL you conclude that 90% cheat? You can start with proving that anyone thats posted in this thread cheat.... when you start your post with an obvious LIE, the rest of your post becomes irrelevant.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    You can start with where the HELL you conclude that 90% cheat? You can start with proving that anyone thats posted in this thread cheat.... when you start your post with an obvious LIE, the rest of your post becomes irrelevant.
    I said that the 90% are made up numbers to begin with. And where did i say anyone in this thread cheats?

    Well thats the truth anyways. My point is that they are not banning anyone because they need them to show that WoW is alive.

    If thats like 5% of the playerbase then they would all be banned. But ofcourse everyone has to own the thread instead of getting my point.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  13. #13
    All the screen shot shows is somebody who is hacking that is all. Nothing to do with a GM or this airborne picnic and GM chat we are told about. Let me go find a picture of the last Super Bowl and start telling everybody I was in the game because I have some random photo.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    You can start with where the HELL you conclude that 90% cheat? You can start with proving that anyone thats posted in this thread cheat.... when you start your post with an obvious LIE, the rest of your post becomes irrelevant.
    You do understand that everyone in this board could play legit while the wow playerbase still had 90% cheaters?

    That aside noone can tell the real % as the whole point is that alot of the stuff is not detectable

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    But ofcourse everyone has to own the thread instead of getting my point.
    You are arguing your point using what could be a load of made up figures and text with not really anything I personally would call evidence to back up your claim. If all of this really happened to this person you know and this person was indeed trying to get himself banned on purpose why not have this person come to this thread and provide screenshots/videos to support what it is here your saying?

    This whole thread is basically you saying blizzard are lying about not banning cheaters and letting them get on with it, if your going to tell everyone you have tested to prove differently then at least support with with credible evidence.

    Until I see anything like I have suggested above I simply cannot take your thread seriously or see any truth in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I said that the 90% are made up numbers to begin with. And where did i say anyone in this thread cheats?
    By making up a number like 90% straight away you are saying that in theory 9 out of 10 posters replying to your thread are cheating in wow (as long as they play wow ofc). This is why people will react with anger to your thread starting it with that.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2012-11-24 at 01:20 PM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

    Kesandri Level 90 Shaman
    Chlóe Level 90 Death Knight
    Ashlinn Level 90 Mage
    Whats in the boX - EU Dragonblight - www.witb.eu

  16. #16
    I'll have you know out of the 10 people who post here, iam the 1 who isnt a cheater.

    *climbs up on a podium and shows you all his chin*

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I said that the 90% are made up numbers to begin with. And where did i say anyone in this thread cheats?

    Well thats the truth anyways. My point is that they are not banning anyone because they need them to show that WoW is alive.

    If thats like 5% of the playerbase then they would all be banned. But ofcourse everyone has to own the thread instead of getting my point.

    Go ahead and chat with him and he can send you pictures, fraps or whatever you need if youre lucky. Hes logging out soon.
    No Sir, 90% do not cheat, not even 80%, when you make up numbers to attempt to codify your opinion as fact then you are in fact full of crap.

    Your OPINION about what Blizzard is doing or is not doing is just that, OPINION. It is NOT fact, and your ancedotal story is neat, its merely a story, one person getting away with 'cheating' does not make your opinion fact. it remains a spurious claim at best.

    Your POINT, Sir, is a willful distortion. Wow does not need to allow the cheaters to appear 'alive'.

    I have no desire to chat with him, as I have no doubt that its you, and you are right here vainly attempting to offer your OPINIONS as facts.

  18. #18
    Forgot to add this before, you would have had more credability and got a proper discussion going on the subject if you had simply said "I think blizzard are allowing bots to play, because they want to appear to people lots of people play wow still and thus make more money, /discuss?"

    After reading your op over once more it makes it look even more silly now. Think I am done with this thread, no discussion here
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

    Kesandri Level 90 Shaman
    Chlóe Level 90 Death Knight
    Ashlinn Level 90 Mage
    Whats in the boX - EU Dragonblight - www.witb.eu

  19. #19
    It's much more important to pick on just one number he made in his post just to show his frustration, instead of discussing the real issue here -- that Blizzard don't ban cheater and exploiters.

    It's like telling your girlfriend: "Honey, I raped one of your best friends and then killed her so that no one finds out. Oh, and by the way, your cooking is terrible". And then she starts arguing with you about how your statement about her cooking is purely anecdotal, so therefore calling the police on the rape and murder is boring and irrelevant.
    Last edited by Rivermark; 2012-11-24 at 01:33 PM.

  20. #20
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    The reason is that 90% (okay made up numbers idk) of the playerbase are indeed cheaters. Blizzard are desperate and they do not want to take action for these cheaters no mather what.
    Oh come on, this thread don't seem serious. I dislike people whom sit with tinfoil hats and so on. And they are banning cheaters/botters and so on, they've done it for a long time, if you know one person is cheating, report him if you like. Maybe because not enough people report is the reason, think of that? Most reports aren't detailed at all, it's just, "He cheated". Even made up numbers make this thread worse. You don't add numbers if you don't have any.

    And Blizzard ain't really desperate at all, they've proven WoW can run with 2 mill players easily.

    And your example isn't valid either..

    "Posting Cheats, Hacks, Trojan Horses or Malicious Programs
    - If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
    - Be permanently banned from the forums"

    He posted on the forum about it, therefor the ban. Further investigations has to be done if he's done it online. And I'm not gonna click that link to be safe.

    And secondly, self-reports aren't going to be taken seriously. And they don't "come to you" when you have a talk with them. And they've already done punishment for the win traders for example. It takes time to investigate botters as well, GM's don't have time to follow them when they are on.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •